http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/mar07/solicitations.html

52_45.jpg

52: WEEKS 44-47
Written by Geoff Johns, Grant Morrison, Greg Rucka, Mark Waid
Art breakdowns by Keith Giffen
Art by various
Backup features by Waid and various
Covers by J.G. Jones & Alex Sinclair
In the month to come, death and destruction will reign supremein the DCU. Storylines will intersect with horrifying results, a main character will die, another will do something he hasn't done in years, and one will fall from grace.
A war is coming, and the end is near.
Week 44: art by Eddy Barrows
Week 45: art by Pat Olliffe and Drew Geraci
Week 46: art by Chris Batista
Week 47: art by Joe Bennett
Plus, more Origins of the DCU!
52: A year without Superman; a year without Batman; a year without Wonder Woman...but not a year without heroes.
Week 44 on sale March 7 • Week 45 on sale March 14 • Week 46 on sale March 21
Week 47 on sale March 28 • 32 pg, FC, $2.50 US

JLA_Cv7_solicit.jpg

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #7
Written by Brad Meltzer
Art by Ed Benes & Sandra Hope
CoverS by Benes & various
Variant cover by Michael Turner
Best-selling author Brad Meltzer and super-hot artist Ed Benes deliver what you’ve been waiting for: the debut of the new Justice League of America! This issue features an incredible 4-page foldout you won’t want to miss! Be here for the introduction of the new team headquarters, plus many other cool surprises!
Retailers please note: This issue will ship with three covers. Standard Edition Cover A and B are by Ed Benes & Various; when displayed side-by-side, these covers form a larger image featuring the JLA of the past and present. One copy of the Variant Edition, featuring a cover by Michael Turner, may be ordered for every 10 copies of the Standard Edition Cover ordered in any combination. The full Benes cover image will be revealed on dccomics.com. Please see the Previews Order Form for further details.
On sale March 21 • 40 pg, FC, $3.50 US

JSA_Cv4_Variant.jpg

JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #4
Written by Geoff Johns
Art by Dale Eaglesham & Ruy Jose
Cover by Alex Ross
Variant cover by Eaglesham
The saga of the world’s first and greatest super-hero team continues in Part 4 of “The Next Age,” by Geoff Johns, Dale Eaglesham & Art Thibert! The families of legacy heroes have been targeted by an evil force set out to end their bloodlines. Now our members find out how close to home tragedy is as their leader stands revealed. And the new mystery member set to join the Justice Society will surprise everyone — especially the members of the team!
Retailers: This issue will feature two covers that may be ordered separately. The Standard Edition cover is by Alex Ross; one copy of the Variant Edition, with a cover by Dale Eaglesham, may be ordered for every 10 copies of the Standard Edition ordered. Please see the Previews Order Form for further details.
On sale March 7 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

WW_Cv6_solicit.jpg

WONDER WOMAN #6
Written by Jodi Picoult
Art by Drew Johnson & Ray Snyder
Cover by Terry & Rachel Dodson
Best-selling author Jodi Picoult (The 10th Circle, Sister’s Keeper) takes the writing reins, setting Wonder Woman on a collision course with her long-missing people, the Amazons!
Special Agent Diana Prince of the Department of Metahuman Affairs is assigned the impossible task of capturing Wonder Woman! How she can capture herself is just the start of Wonder Woman’s problems, as Diana Prince must relearn how to exist as a human woman and a deadly foe begins closing a net on the Amazon Warrior that will lead to a catastrophic outcome! With gorgeous art by Drew Johnson and Ray Snyder (52)!
On sale March 28 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

TT_Cv45_solicit.jpg

TEEN TITANS #45
Written by Geoff Johns
Art and cover by Tony S. Daniel & Jonathan Glapion
It’s Deathstroke versus his son and daughter — Jericho and Ravager — with the lives of the Teen Titans hanging in the balance. Will Wonder Girl and Robin be able to shake themselves free from the monster Superboy: Match? Plus, secrets are revealed about Miss Martian and Kid Devil, and changes are in store for Raven and Cyborg!
On sale March 14 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

I gotta get my shop to get me the Dale variants on JSA for regular price, because theyre kicking Alex Ross cover's ass.

...The JLA doesn't fully 'come back' till #7?

No offense but that title is moving slower than molassas in January.

Also I love the arc for JSA, it sounds like it'll be fun to read, and hopefully there will be cameos :)

Also..the covers are gorgeous.

*also Teen Titans looks kickin' too.

I like how the Dodson's skidaddled after heinberg's run.

I am so over Turner's JLA varient covers.

They just don't appeal to me and I don't find them heart-stopping-I-have-to-have-it sort of art.

The 52 covers are so awesome.

Okay really,the JLA better at least be formed before #5 and 6.7 issues to form a team is just ridiculous,I don't care who is writing it.

GNR4Life said:
Okay really,the JLA better at least be formed before #5 and 6.7 issues to form a team is just ridiculous,I don't care who is writing it.
this is why JSA>JLA

Dang I hope my LCS still has copys of JSA I need to strat picking this up.

BrianWilly said:
Aw, F**K.
You knew it was coming. :(

Ah well, here's hoping she doesn't totally suck. :o

I was hoping that Heinberg would take so long that DC would change their minds at some point:o. Also, there was never any official announcement, so its officialness was always a little up in the air.

At least it's not going to be late anymore:O. Although I'd much rather it be late than suck. But maybe it won't suck...the storyline looks halfway interesting, like the woman actually got around to reading a few Wonder Woman books since last we heard...at which point she had read none
blah.gif
. And hey, Drew Johnson's work on WW was amazing. I'll reserve judgment until after reading it, but my hopes are kind of the opposite of up right now.

In that original interview, didn't Picoult say she's really busy at the moment(before even taking on WW writing duties)? That made me really nervous about delays. :o

woah woah woah, the WW solicit says she has to relearn being a human woman again? if shes human, then who the **** is in the justice league? or are brad and heinberg not comunicating with each other?

The solicit also says that she's still Wonder Woman. Obviously, relearning how to be a human woman is a figurative expression.

BrianWilly said:
The solicit also says that she's still Wonder Woman. Obviously, relearning how to be a human woman is a figurative expression.

that does'nt make sense.... i mean it does, but why the **** would she want to do that? and i kinda feel cheated. if your gonna go through a 5 issue arc, yeling out whos wonder woman, and we end up knowing that she still is WW. i actually want something to happen(like donna troy replacing her). seems like a waste of 15 bucks.

they need to go aquaman route on this book, if theyre gonna start playing whose who.

You got issue #4 and 5 already?!!?!?!?!:rolleyes:

Drop the book. Its that easy.

Heinberg's run has ranged from crap to bland. I'm looking forward to the new girl.

That describes Morrison's run on Batman for me perfectly.

I love the solicitation for 52...

"In the month to come...death and destruction will reign in the DCU"

I mean...no offense to the person who came up with THAT brain buster but isn't death and destruction what's been the entire basis for the DCU for the PAST TWO YEARS?!?! :wow:

Or am I out of line here? :huh:

Darthphere said:
That describes Morrison's run on Batman for me perfectly.
It was pretty disappointing.

I wouldn't call it crap though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"