Thew New JSA - Yay Or Nay?

Apprentice

Reaction score
***I wasn't sure if there's already a thread on this or not, and I couldn't find anything in the search, so I started this anyway.***

The new line-up for the Justice Society of America consists of:

Red Tornado (Maxine Hunkle)
Damage
Liberty Belle (possibly Jesse Quick)
Commander Steel
JJ Thunder
Obsidian
Sandman
Starman
Power Girl
Hawkman
Alan Scott
Dr Midnite
Stargirl
Hourman
Mr Terrific
Flash
Wildcat
Hawkman (!)
Atom Smasher

JSA-slide-sca%5B2%5D.jpg

Yay or nay?

Justice Society of America #1 hits stands December 6th

I think that this roster is nearly perfect if you ask me.

Interesting. Looks like they have some holdovers from Kingdome Come. I'm not saying that I want KC to be the future of the DCU. But I did like alot of the characters.

I searched for Justice Society of America and that never came up! Oh well, this is more of an opinion thread anyway, rather than information.

This might have been said in the other thread... screw it. Where's GL's eye patch?

This is basically the JSA a year before with some new additions. So does that even qualify as a new JSA?

Since you said ''new additions'', then yeah, it qualifies. Besides, there are quite a lot of changes. It some respects, it's nothing like JSA a year before.

...they used BankGothic for the font on the table..they used a generic font for the title on the table...they used a relitively unknown font I used for letter head two years ago as the font on the table...WHY DID THEY USE AN OUTDATED FONT?!?!

WHY DID THEY USE A GENERIC ONE?!

THAT bugs me to no end....

Also Liberty Belle? You'd think Jesse would update the costume a bit.

I'm in the publication and design field and it frustrates me because I made a letterhead two years ago and used that font because then it was unique and modern.

Now I see it every freakin' day. The Miami Vice Preview.....bus station ads.....seeing it on artwork condoned by DC Comics is just the last straw. :cmad:

Maybe it's just a good font. Do you get this upset over the fact that nearly all comics use the same font for speech bubbles? :confused:

TheCorpulent1 said:
Maybe it's just a good font. Do you get this upset over the fact that nearly all comics use the same font for speech bubbles? :confused:

I didn't use the font in speech bubbles for a letterhead when it was a unique font.

....Which..why is it the same font but with different Letterers? What do the Letterer's do exactly? :huh:

I think they basically tried to get the clearest, easiest-to-read font down, which turned out to be basic block letters in all their myriad variants.

Anyway, so this is a personal thing? Alex Ross somehow offended you because you got to the font first? :confused:

TheCorpulent1 said:
I think they basically tried to get the clearest, easiest-to-read font down, which turned out to be basic block letters in all their myriad variants.

Anyway, so this is a personal thing? Alex Ross somehow offended you because you got to the font first? :confused:

Why would they have a letterer anyway? Why not just type the dialogue in? Don't they have fancy computer programs they could use?

Yes, I guess it is personal. I started the trend, darn it! :cmad:

:(

Bad week...

I thought lettering was mostly computerized at this point. Calligraphy's basically a dead art.

Hey. What's with the ominous glowing eyes resonating from the all conceiling shadows? :confused:

Alan Scott is and always will be the JSA's Green Lantern. Not even Johns would **** that up with his incorrigible Hal fanboyism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"