Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

So pumped for this, those comments got me even more excited!

Last edited:
Me, too! I've enjoyed these remakes far more than the originals. Sucks it's been so long in between films.

Think how long Charlton Heston had to wait between leaving earth and landing back there again.

planet-of-the-apes-laugh.gif

Oh ****, I didn’t even notice there were plot details…

The new Apes movie is set many years after the conclusion of 2017’s War for the Planet of the Apes. Many apes societies have grown from when the Moses-like Caesar brought his people to an oasis, while humans have been reduced to a feral-like existence. Some groups have never heard of Caesar, while others have contorted his teaching to build burgeoning empires.

In this setting, one ape leader begins to enslave other groups to find human technology, while another ape, who watched his clan be taken, embarks on a journey to find freedom. A young human woman becomes key to latter’s quest, although she has plans of her own.

Is she playing an ape or a human?

Love Dichen Lachman! Hope this is a good role for her.

Also, Beneath has so many good ideas, weird concepts, and fun designs... yet is wasted with Heston disappearing for 2/3rds of the film, the Heston-lookalike with Brent, and the re-tread of the first film for the first half hour or so.

That ending goes so hard, I wish the overall film was better.

Nova shouldn't have got utterly merc'd either.

Last edited:
I really need to get the original movie series on bluray. I hardly remember any of them after the original.

I really need to get the original movie series on bluray. I hardly remember any of them after the original.
They're not great, but not bad... haven't seen them in a few years, but Escape (3) is essentially a precursor to A Voyage Home - fun fish-out-of-water premise. Conquest (4) is goofy, but interesting and Battle (5) is the 70's version of 'Dawn' - if that makes sense.

Conquest I think is the best next to the original in the original series. What’s nice about the bluray is they include the original director’s cut with the darker ending which fits much better in tone with the film.

All the original sequels are super entertaining, the only real bad one is the last one Battle which plays like a TV movie.

Andy Serkis Thinks Kingdom Of The Planet Of The Apes Is ‘Gonna Blow People’s Minds’

Before parting ways, it felt like the right time to ask the man who helped give life to Caesar in the films starting with Rise of the Planet of the Apes for his take on the next chapter. With that query on the table, this is what Andy Serkis shared with CinemaBlend:

I think Wes Ball is going to do an amazing job with this film. I think it’s, from what I’ve heard and what I’ve seen, there’s some amazing conceptual artwork. And where they’ve chosen to land the story and take off with the next iteration, I think it’s gonna blow people’s minds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"