Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

Okay here's some highlights from the people who are currently involved.

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

director (current)

Wes Ball (IMDb credits) (Maze Runner trilogy)

writers (current)

Patrick Aison (IMDb credits) (Prey)
Josh Friedman (IMDb credits) (Avatar: The Way of Water, The Black Dahlia, War of the Worlds)
Rick Jaffa (IMDb credits) (Avatar 3, live-action Mulan, Jurassic World, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, The Relic, Eye for an Eye)
Amanda Silver (IMDb credits) (Avatar 3, live-action Mulan, Jurassic World, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, The Relic, Eye for an Eye)

producers (current)
Joe Hartwick Jr (IMDb credits) (Maze Runner trilogy, Mouse Guard, Jumper, Aliens in the Attic)
Jason Reed (IMDb credits) (live-action Mulan)
Rick Jaffa
Amanda Silver

executive producers (current)
Peter Chernin (IMDb credits)
Jenno Topping (IMDb credits)

I did like the Maze Runner trilogy. One of the better YA movies/trilogies.

I liked the Reeves' directed Apes movies but ultimately they need to carve a new path forward whether they were continuing or rebooting.

I hope these new films aren’t too close in time period to the Caesar trilogy.

Caesar’s dead. Reeves has moved on, leaving Ball to really do his own thing. Let’s switch things up. Jump a century or two ahead.

Name is ok. Kingdom is smaller than a planet so doesn’t really make sense.

I dig the title. I was hoping it would be called something like Age of the Planet of the Apes, but I still like it.

It feels like beating a dead horse at this point since people have been saying this since 2011, but just Kingdom of the Apes would’ve been a great title.

While unconfirmed, sources say Durand would be playing an Ape and that the character is likely to be the villain in the new film.

Of course Durand is playing the villain.

To be honest I thought Durand was already in one of these movies lol

Is WETA FX working on this or are they too wrapped up with the Avatar sequels?

I'm just glad this is actually being made, it's been so long since the last one. I've loved all the newer Apes films. :D I'm happy to see it keep going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"