Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Status
Not open for further replies.
WETA are just unrivaled in the performance capture & digital creatures realm.

@dark_b: what the f*** are you talking about?

Wyatt did a great job on the first one, there was a vision, a strong one by Wyatt, not a movie "micromanaged" by FOX like you put it.

Anyway, your comments about better lighting (seriously, what does that even mean in the grand scheme of things, the visual look is totally different, this is an apocalyptic world compared to the first one, your comment is wow, silly), CUTS between characters? What? What does that even mean.

You just sound like a guy who knows nothing about what he's talking about, but tries to make it like he does, seriously, form coherent & warranted thoughts or otherwise, don't bother dude.

Last edited:
no he did not do well enough directing that movie. IMO right now everyone who likes the first movie associates it because of the good strong story.

before the movie was out there was a lot of negative opinions. because all they had was the footage which IMO is bad directed.

the sequel IMO will have better lighting,action,cuts between characters and some epic big scale shots.

i am aware that FOX could be the reason. they micromanage unknown directors and destroy their vision.

The director has to translate the script to the screen. He did a great job. The last film was a surprise hit with critics and audiences. It wouldn't even be getting a sequel if the first one wasn't a success.

I love ya dark b but I couldn't disagree with you more. I think Wyatt did a really good job with a movie that could have easily been terrible. The human characters were weak mostly because of the script not the director.

That being said I think Reeves was a good choice as a replacement director and if the script allows will give us another strong entry in the franchise.

By the way according to the Serkis interview I posted a few days ago, Caesar's son is named River.

this looks amazing and yes more Gorillas are needed I love that species

By the way according to the Serkis interview I posted a few days ago, Caesar's son is named River.

JoanRiversPic1April_zps7fc73fe5.jpg

So the apes have probably learned to speak more around this point. Maybe not full on sentences but they can communicate with the humans I assume.

Devin on Bad Ass Digest saw some of it. He was apparently blown away. And Caesar does speak!

I would imagine Caesar could have full blown conversations now.

I love the way this story is being shaped. Apes are gonna be totaly badass in this.

So the apes have probably learned to speak more around this point. Maybe not full on sentences but they can communicate with the humans I assume.

Serkis spoke on this topic, saying that for Caesar at least his vocabulary has expanded, and in the Cinemacon footage Caesar spoke some.

This and Godzilla look like they could be the best movies of the summer. Along with them, The Winter Soldier and The Lego Movie were also fantastic, and Guardians of the Galaxy probably will be too.

2014 is shaping up to be a good year for tentpoles.

This, Godzilla, TASM2, DOFP, Edge of Tomorrow and GOTG tell me that summer 2014 will be a great movie season.

Last edited:
OK nerds, settle.

Terry shutting the hell up will lead to a great summer 2014 as well. :argh:

Oh snap, gurlfraaand.

As much as i like Marvel, i'm starting to loose interest in all the hype surrounding their films.

This, and Godzilla are my two must see's of 2014….

WETA are just unrivaled in the performance capture & digital creatures realm.

WETA is great when they are working with a director who gives them time to finish their work. Unfortunately Peter Jackson is not one of them, and the Hobbit films suffer for it.

ILM did some fantastic work on the Hulk in the Avengers though as well as the fully digital Black Widow double.

Also Rango, while stylized, looked fantastic.

They also did Davey Jones in the 2nd and 3rd Pirates movies. While I'm not a huge fan of those two movies, that would be impressive work now, much less 7 or 8 years ago.

I would love to get a full trailer before the movie comes out. Is that too much to ask for considering the movie comes out in 3 months?

As much as i like Marvel, i'm starting to loose interest in all the hype surrounding their films.

This, and Godzilla are my two must see's of 2014….

Guardians of the Galaxy looks quite different from pretty much anything they've done so far and Captain America 2 delving fully into spy thriller territory apparently has had very good results.

This is epic and very emotional :up:
Does anyone think that the POTA franchise is one of the biggest social commentary on human politics and the oppression of rights and freedom. The series covers it all, from the racism and slavery of black African people, the warmongering politics, the fear of a nuclear crisis, the exploitation and mistreatment of animals and the planet etc.
I hope the new movie will be a continuation of that trend and will challenge our ethics and mindset in many levels.

[YT]ir8uMPAtKW4[/YT]
[YT]SAIc-Kk6xsE[/YT]
[YT]Y5BeO6SwScs[/YT]
[YT]rg-NQgJkfH0[/YT]

But on a more literal level, the Planet of the Apes films are about the way that human beings interact with the other species with whom we share the planet, and how our wrong-headed sense of superiority will lead us all into calamity. Human domination, the films tell us, is not the only way to live on this planet, and indeed such an ideology has an expiration date that we only hasten with our arrogant behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"