Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

Very true. Surprised he didn't here to be honest but also don't mind them freshening the cast up either.
It's kind of refreshing that the biggest name in this that we know about is William H. Macy and even then we don't know if he's playing a human or an ape. I like that the cast is made up of mostly lesser known actors. It makes it less distracting but that's kind of in line with Dawn and War, especially the latter.

One and done, just like Rupert Wyatt.

Last edited:
It's kind of refreshing that the biggest name in this that we know about is William H. Macy and even then we don't know if he's playing a human or an ape. I like that the cast is made up of mostly lesser known actors. It makes it less distracting but that's kind of in line with Dawn and War, especially the latter.

Yep, very interesting to see Freya Allen in the cast as well. Be interesting to see how she translates from The Witcher to movies.

man, i am so hyped for this.

i loved the original 5 films.
and i recently finished watching the reboot trilogy and loved that as well.

between this, furiosa, and dune part 2, i am probably the most excited about this film.

Alas, that wasn't meant to be with "Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes." But in the newest issue of Empire magazine, "Kingdom" director Wes Ball revealed that a Serkis reunion wasn't the pipe dream some may have thought it was. In a bittersweet irony, however, it seems that the actor's incredible performance and screen presence actually worked against him, in a way. According to Ball:

"We talked about it, for sure. Like, 'Could you play another ape character?' I entertained that thought for a long time, because I thought it would be f***ing cool. And Matt [Reeves] would always say, 'Andy is the best actor I've ever worked with.'
"He's just too iconic, in a way. So we decided it's probably best to think about future movies where maybe he can come in."

Some new bits of info, images and concept art from the Empire Magazine article in this video:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"