Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

I recently re-watched RISE, DAWN, and WAR. Best damn trilogy in the history of cinema. If KINGDOM is even half as good as either of its predecessors, we're in for a treat!

I recently re-watched RISE, DAWN, and WAR. Best damn trilogy in the history of cinema. If KINGDOM is even half as good as either of its predecessors, we're in for a treat!

i can't think of any recent movie trilogy that was this consistently good.
all 3 films in this series are equally good, imo.

Was actually kind of hoping either this or Furiosa were going to get pushed back a few weeks, because there ain’t **** opening up around my birthday.

Good business decision. For both.

Director Wes Ball breathes new life into the global, epic franchise set several generations in the future following Caesar’s reign, in which apes are the dominant species living harmoniously and humans have been reduced to living in the shadows. As a new tyrannical ape leader builds his empire, one young ape undertakes a harrowing journey that will cause him to question all that he has known about the past and to make choices that will define a future for apes and humans alike.

“Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes” is directed by Wes Ball (the “Maze Runner” trilogy) and stars Owen Teague (“IT”), Freya Allan (“The Witcher”), Kevin Durand (“Locke & Key”), Peter Macon (“Shameless”), and William H. Macy (“Fargo”). The screenplay is by Josh Friedman (“War of the Worlds”) and Rick Jaffa & Amanda Silver (“Avatar: The Way of Water”) and Patrick Aison (“Prey”), based on characters created by Rick Jaffa & Amanda Silver, and the producers are Wes Ball, Joe Hartwick, Jr., p.g.a. (“The Maze Runner”), Rick Jaffa, p.g.a., Amanda Silver, p.g.a., Jason Reed, p.g.a. (“Mulan”), with Peter Chernin (the “Planet of the Apes” trilogy) and Jenno Topping (“Ford v. Ferrari”) serving as executive producers.

Very good trailer. Movie's got loads of potential.

Last edited:
This just looks fantastic! It's entered my top 5 most anticipated of the year.

So did we finally come full circle? There is a reason the Freya Allen's character isn't speaking in the trailer. Is she one of the Astronauts who launched in the first movie? This is one of the franchises I have enjoyed the remake of. I liked seeing the way the apes have taken over. These movies were clever remakes to me. We get to see the other perspective.

Proximity Caesar is going to be a fun villain.

Fantastic trilogy indeed. I want to make a rewatch soon before this one. Saw War for the Planet of the Apes only once.

I do hope we get to a certain point in the next trilogy of films where Ape society has progressed to the point like in the original novel, where it’s a metropolis like the present day. Basically like the ending of Tim Burton’s Apes.

This is going to rule. #LONGLIVECAESAR

Yeah, I'm in the theory camp of this leaning more into an alternate-reboot-adaptation version of the original POTA, obviously set in post-Reeves POTA trilogy.

Nearly 60 years later, the saga continues.
1707761738876.png1707761772953.png

I honestly had reservations about another Apes film considering how great the trilogy was, but so far all of what I have seen has exceeded my expectations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"