Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

They definitely are. From observing the rotating planets item to the telescope to - possibly going to the Statue of Liberty at the 2:11 mark of the official trailer. Something more is definitely afoot here.

Part of me wants to agree and that this is basically remaking the events of the original movie.....except that would require the human woman we keep seeing to be Nova and William H. Macy's yet-to-be-seen human character to be Taylor. And we know from the recent cast lists they're not. So feels like wishful thinking on your part.

Part of me wants to agree and that this is basically remaking the events of the original movie.....except that would require the human woman we keep seeing to be Nova and William H. Macy's yet-to-be-seen human character to be Taylor. And we know from the recent cast lists they're not. So feels like wishful thinking on your part.

Who's to say the astronaut isn't an entirely new character altogether or that in this version they choose to include a female rather than male astronaut? If anything, once it reaches the original film - likely don't expect it to be approached the same: just inspired by rather than a "remake."

Who's to say the astronaut isn't an entirely new character altogether or that in this version they choose to include a female rather than male astronaut? If anything, once it reaches the original film - likely don't expect it to be approached the same: just inspired by rather than a "remake."
I just don't want this series' main timeline to end on 'everyone goes boom' like Beneath did.

I just don't want this series' main timeline to end on 'everyone goes boom' like Beneath did.

Don't worry. If this is the change that I think it is - even if it isn't - I doubt they're going to repeat the original films. Rather, telling brand new stories and finding new and innovative ways to twist expectations. That's to say, I don't see them retreading old ground that closely.

...going to ignore any discourse until the film, can't be spoiled even though I feel like I guessed the reveal when it was announced lol.

For those wondering, that puts it above Rise and just two below War. Dawn made a lot more than both (around 20 mil more opening).

That's to say these (I think) would be solid numbers for a franchise coming back and will likely/hopefully pave the way for more to come.

I think it’s solid but keep in mind Rise was a decade ago so that opening would be even bigger. And that was coming off a despised reboot.

The legs and WOM on this can help a lot though.

I think it’s solid but keep in mind Rise was a decade ago so that opening would be even bigger. And that was coming off a despised reboot.

The legs and WOM on this can help a lot though.

It's set to earn MORE than Rise, but a little below WAR (coming off DAWN, which many consider one of the best POTA films) which wasn't that long ago. Thus, I'd say it all depends on if the studio was fine with how War performed as we're likely looking at something similar here (just 2 mil less, 54 vs 56).

Since they planned to continue after War (the end of a trilogy), I'd say they were thus seeing Dawn as the outlier.

Adding: Rise and War performed basically the exact same (to the point that it seems to have established a pattern); Rise 54 opening, 481 worldwide - War 56 opening, 490 worldwide. If I was a studio heading in, I'd see the chances of Kingdom making around likely the same as these two since they've demonstrated basically a core dedicated audience. While Dawn made significantly more, it's a noticeable outlier between the three. The first and third stayed under 10 mil apart.

Last edited:
According to this, Freya Allen seems to be playing Nova not Mae.

I have only seen the first film in the series I liked it but never got around to the others all are on Hulu at the moment so I may re watch the first and the other 2 so I am 'up to speed' with Kingdom ;) .

Disney gotta stop being ****ty about physical media. Gimme that original movie on 4K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"