• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Daredevil Kingpin casting and discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its funny how the writer/director/showrunner of the show towers above all these actors being listed in this thread at 6'5. He makes Hemsworth look tiny
goddard%2Bhemsworth.jpg

Vincent D'Onofrio is the only good suggestion I've read here

Guys, Kingpin has to be tall

^

We are aware of that.

You act like we're suggesting 5'6 actors or something.

Kudos to whoever suggested Kelsey Grammer. Good choice.

My personal choice is Ron Perlman. Like someone already pointed out, you're going to be hard pressed to find a huge older actor who is both big and muscular who has actual acting chops. Michael Clarke Duncan was pretty much the closest thing we'll probably ever get to an actual comic book accurate Kingpin, size-wise. I like Perlman for the role because he has a good commanding presence. Whether it's in Hellboy or Pacific Rim, he's a very 'big' persona. He can also play cunning pretty well as seen in Sons of Anarchy. He's also got the height and stage tricks can be used to make him look bigger if they need too.

pacific-rim-ron-perlman.jpg

looks more like race-swapped Tombstone than Kingpin, to me.

My vote goes for Vincent D'Onofrio. Not only does he have the look and the build, but he's a great actor.

Vincent D'Onofrio is a very interesting suggestion. I could totally see that.

And he has experience with comic book characters. He was Thor once, you know.

ok, for a slightly younger(lesser known), Fisk with more of a intimidating presence... what about, Keith Loneker

I remember suggesting him once way back, but, people said he was too young at the time, he's in his 40's now

Add more grey to his goatee and maybe some make up and dress him older. That's Kingpin

/endthread

Even though he's already been Stryker and doesn't TYPICALLY do tv... I always thought Brian Cox would bring a nice flare to the Kingpin.

Vincent D'Onofrio is the only person in this thread now that I can see in the role. Doubt he'll get picked though.

If we want a Kingpin that can get physical then that rules out 90% of the suggestions in this thread.

I am truly amazed that no one thought of using Nonso Anozie so far in this thread. I wish it had clicked a little earlier for me.

dracula-52.jpg

The dude is MASSIVE. He's 6'6 and most of it appears to be muscle. He had have no problem doing the physical part of the character since he's popped up in stuff like Conan as a warrior pirate. He's got a lot of experience in acting too from stage roles over the years. He even played King Lear. He's also importantly got a presence. You might not know his name but the booming voice and size make him unforgettable. He's currently starring in Dracula (which I don't watch) as a lawyer. Bringing that up since Kretschmann was in that and he got cast in The Avengers so we know Marvel is at least aware of the people on the show.

Screw Perlman. Nonso Anozie is my nomination for the Kingpin now. :lips:

He'd be good, although a bit young IMO. D'Onofrio has the stature and he's at an ideal age.

I am truly amazed that no one thought of using Nonso Anozie so far in this thread. I wish it had clicked a little earlier for me.

dracula-52.jpg

The dude is MASSIVE. He's 6'6 and most of it appears to be muscle. He had have no problem doing the physical part of the character since he's popped up in stuff like Conan as a warrior pirate. He's got a lot of experience in acting too from stage roles over the years. He even played King Lear. He's also importantly got a presence. You might not know his name but the booming voice and size make him unforgettable. He's currently starring in Dracula (which I don't watch) as a lawyer. Bringing that up since Kretschmann was in that and he got cast in The Avengers so we know Marvel is at least aware of the people on the show.

Screw Perlman. Nonso Anozie is my nomination for the Kingpin now. :lips:

Good suggestion! He was particularly despicable on Game of Thrones and could probably play a great Kingpin.

Kingpin.jpg

KINGPIN - GLENN FLESHLER (BOARDWALK EMPIRE, BLUE JASMINE)

So happy to have discovered this great actor, courtesy of HBO, not only does he have the size and build for a character like the Kingpin of Crime, but he also has a compelling voice which is very calm and relaxed while he himself can sometimes looks anything but relaxed.

GlennFleshlerBoardwalkEmpireSeason4LaunchQlHRFaa5932l.jpg

Yeah, that's a great suggestion too. He was creepy as hell in True Detective.

Some really good suggestions.

Would love D'Onofrio. Fleshler would be a really good dark horse. And Nonso would be great if they decided to go the Michael Clark Duncan route.

I'd have to say Glenn Fleshler is now my favorite for this role. A lot of these suggestions are great, but he's literally PERFECT for this role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"