L O S T - The Role-Playing Game (IC Thread)

L

LostRPG

lostlogo.jpg

Welcome to

L O S T
The Role-Playing Game

This RPG is similar to almost all others on the Superhero Hype! boards, except this continuity centers around the world of the wildly popular television show L O S T.

Oceanic Flight 815 from Sydney, Australia to Los Angeles, California crashed 1000 miles off course, somewhere in the Pacific. 43 survivors found themselves stranded together on the island, awaiting rescue. The days passed and, slowly, they learned to come together. The 43 castaways of the crash must fight to survive, both each other and the many hidden dangers that lurk in the island’s lush forests. Set in the popular world of TV’s L O S T, now you can take part and unfold the mystery of the island for yourself.

How will the survivors learn to live with each other? What dangers will the mystery of the island reveal? How many heroes and villains will emerge?

Welcome to L O S T, The Role-Playing Game.

Gamemasters: Matt Murdock, SenseiofCheese

RULES

• For the start of this season, you may choose any fuselage survivor from the world of L O S T, or create your own. OTHERS AND TAIL-END SURVIVORS ARE NOT PLAYABLE FOR THE TIME BEING.
  • All characters can interact with each other.
  • Characters from alternate time lines are allowed but must be approved.
  • No Killing. Unnamed, faceless NPC's may be killed, but not major characters, or taken characters. Someone else may want to take up the character, or they may be important to another story.
  • You can go anywhere on the island. That's about it.
  • You are your character, so act like it. Talk like them, use their dialouge. Do not exaggerate your powers, or pop-up here and there without explanation. BE Your character.
  • Several stories can be going at once, and you have the freedom to interact with other characters.
  • You must post at least once every two weeks, though it is preferred that you post more. If you go two weeks without a post without prior notice, your character is up for grabs.
  • Be serious, no slander, or impractical actions from your character. Example; "I found a crystal and now I own the world! You're all my slaves!"
  • All regular rules of the Hype apply.
  • Have fun.

ROSTER
For a complete roster, please see the OOC Thread

Please fill out the following application and post it in the OOC thread to be eligible to play as your selected character...

------
L O S T
RPG Character Application

Screen Name:

Character you would like to play:

Is this a pre-existing character or self-created?:

Brief history of the character up to the point of the crash of Oceanic Flight 815:

Three reasons why you have chosen that character:

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG:

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:

Please provide a sample post in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least 1 line of dialogue):

Please post a picture of your character for use on the roster:

"Now boarding all passengers and rows for Oceanic Air Flight 815 from Sydney to Los Angeles."

The voice that rang through the terminal was the sort that sounded like it belonged to a pretty, young woman. The kind who every slightly-inebriated man on an airplane pined for. One whose hair was pulled into a bun at the back of her head tightly enough to give her a crisp and professional look, yet it was loose enough to ensure that her face wasn't heaved back and stretched. The carpet lining the airport floor was the typical blue color. It was the same mass-produced carpet someone might find at a hospital, on the top level of a hotel fire escape, or just inside the sliding doors of the local Toys 'R' Us. Sydney lay just beyond the windows of the terminal. The famed Opera House was a few blocks east, and the airport had a pleasant view of the harbor. A few yachts, fishing vessels, and dinghies bobbed listlessly in the water as their owners walked along the dock and piers. Some had ropes over their shoulders as they headed for their ships. The sun was high in the sky, shining down onto the glistening water as it rose and fell. The airport terminal was illuminated half by the florescent lights mounted in the ceiling, and half by the sun as it reflected into the building. It gleamed through the glass, shining onto the small, silver Oceanic Air wings pinned onto the right side of the flight attendant's blazer, mounted on her right lapel and resting quietly on her breast. Her figure cast an all too familiar shadow, one that was somewhat stereotypical. Her hips were large, but not obtrusive, her waist narrow, and her legs long as the skirt of her uniform reached to just above her knees. The nametag on her blazer read "Maria," and the top of her blouse pulled itself open as she reached for the microphone once more.

"Once again, boarding all rows for Flight 815." She spoke in a hushed voice into the microphone.

"How long until you think we'll be taking off?"
The woman standing next to her asked. Her nametag read "Cindy," and her figure had much in common with Maria's. She was a bit shorter than her colleague, though her breasts were larger. She garnered a few more looks from the male passengers than Maria did.

The passengers filed onto the plane one by one as the airline employees continued to speak with one another.

"Did you hear about the, uh, the doctor?" Maria asked.

"Doctor?" Cindy replied, adjusting her blouse.

"Yeah. He gave Chrissy a b*tch of a time at the check-in desk."

"Oh?" Maria was half-listening, and half-making eyes with the long haired man passing his ticket through the scanner.

"Thanks, Darlin'." He said in a southern drawl, grinning as he chewed on his gum.

"Chrissy said that the poor guy was raving about his father having died a few days ago."

An Asian couple, a man and a woman, was silent as the man passed their ticked to Maria, who scanned them quickly. She took note of the fact that the young woman stared straight at the ground, her arms crossed tightly. She looked disinterested as her husband led her to the plane.

"Well, you can't really blame him if his father died." Cindy said, as she checked the passenger list.

Maria nodded to herself silently as she examined the list as well.

"Looks like we're still missing one." She sighed.

"First the guy in the wheelchair, then the doctor, now this missing guy. Never a normal day at Sydney International Airport, huh?" Cindy chuckled.

"Not one." Maria answered, then, quietly so as no one could hear, "Did you see that Arab guy?"

"Mmhm." Cindy said, examining her nails. It was evident that whatever worry or care had driven Maria to lower her voice wasn't present in Cindy.

"Did security check him out, or, or check his luggage?"

"I think so. Hey, as long as that pregnant girl's water doesn't break halfway to L.A., I'm not worried about this flight. Besides, who'd blow up a plane going from Sydney to L.A.?"

"Don't ask me."
Maria said, half bored by the humdrum routine of it all. "Lord knows we've got ourselves a bit of a motley crew here, anyway. The last thing I need to worry about is a goddamned Iranian blowing up our plane."

She huffed and placed a hand on her hip, turning to glare at her coworker.

"Did you see that they let that black guy and his kid bring a dog on the plane? A dog. A dog! What if there's someone who's allergic?"

Cindy smiled. "If you ask me," she began, "I wouldn't mind if that b*tchy little pop-princess was allergic. The one who couldn't get into first class? She was giving the guy she was with a hard time."

"The cute one?"

"You thought he was cute?"

"You didn't?"

"He didn't seem like my type."

"Honey, everyone is your type."

Cindy rolled her eyes as they began shutting the door to the bridge to the plane's bulkhead.

"...The air marshal was pretty cute, though."

Maria looked taken aback.

"He was... like... fifty."

"I like older guys."

Maria stuck threw her hand over her head in a manner that said, "I toldja so!"

"Like I said. Any guy is your type."

Ignoring her coworker, Cindy played with her hair.

"Like I said: I like older guys." She said, casting a condescending glare Maria's way.

"Yeah? Then why were you checking out that 20-something British guy?"

"He's a musician. He doesn't count."

Maria felt her eyebrow arch and her lip curled into a sneer.

"And how do you know he was a musician?"

"He checked a guitar."

"Ah. So now you're snooping through other people's luggage?"

"Not snooping... investigatin'."

"I forgot how different those two were."

The banter the two were exchanging was cut short abruptly by the sound of a radio mounted on the ticket scanner.

"If everything is clear at the ticketing desk, ladies, we're going to pull back from the terminal and begin our take-off procedures."

The pilot, waiting for confirmation that he was clear for take off.

Maria approached the radio, picked it up, and began speaking.

"Everything looks good on this end, we're ready whe--"

"STOP!"

The Oceanic Air employee looked up from her radio and stared at the man sprinting at her. She blinked a few times.

"Stop! Don't let it take off!" he called again.

"Hold on a minute." Maria said quietly into the radio, taking a step forward to meet the heavyset man, drenched in sweat. "Can we help you, sir?"

"The plane, flight." he stammered. "I have to be on that flight. My-my-my name is Hugo Reyes. Check the list. I'm there."

She eyed his ticket and scanned it, smiling as the machine rang it up. Her gaze fell upon the man quietly.

A tenseness fell over the trio of strangers as Maria picked up the radio.

"We've got more coming through."
She said. "It's your lucky day, Mr. Reyes."

Hugo leapt into the air, a grin on his face as Cindy opened the door to the plane.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!" He cried, sprinting forward.

The pair of airline workers sealed the door up and smiled at each other.

"You're a soft touch." Cindy said, smiling cynically.

"Hey. He's just a lucky guy, I guess." Maria responded cheerfully.

2 HOURS LATER.
SOMEWHERE OVER THE PACIFIC...

Picture1-8.png

Picture6.png

Picture8.png

Picture2-3.png

Oceanicbreakoutside.jpg

Picture3-1.png

Picture4.png

Picture9.png

Picture5-1.png

L O S T

sawyerbanner.jpg

"Hey."

He was asleep, sprawled out across the soft sand. The sun was beaming down on him, only partially blocked by a large piece of the plane buried in the sand behind him, his dark blond hair glistening in it's light. A black shirt was clinging to his body, held in place by a single button, the first one from the bottom. Jeans fashionably, though unintentionally, ripped at the knees, one arm lay across his chest while the other supported his head. He had been dreaming.

"He-"

The frustrated blonde was just about to nudge Sawyer with her leg for the fourth time when he grabbed it. Opening one eye and giving her a once-over, he smiled.

"Now how'd I know you'd be the kind of gal to kick a man when he's down."

"Ugh." she had an annoyed expression on her face that seemed etched on, and when she tried to wrench her leg free Sawyer held on just long enough to make her uncomfortable.

"Anythin' I can help you with, darling?" Sawyer's shifty smile never dropped as he pushed himself to a sitting position. His eyes wandered down to her chest. "Aside from the obvious, of course."

"I just need some sun-tan lotion, okay?" the leggy blonde spoke quickly and never looked Sawyer directly in the eye. Either he creeped her out and she wanted to leave as soon as possible, or he made her feel all tingly and she wanted to leave as soon as possible.

Either way, Sawyer enjoyed every little awkward shift of her slender body.

"And what makes you think I have any of that lying around, Legs?"

"Uh, maybe because I saw you use some earlier? You had a full bottle." she stated matter-of-factly, cocking her head to the side.

"Well aren't we perceptive? Sawyer reached under the torn blanket he was sitting on and pulled out a bottle of sun-tan lotion covered in sand. The blonde hid a smile as Sawyer extended the bottle to her. She took a small step towards him as she bent down to grab the bottle. Just as she was about to grab it, he pulled the bottle away.

"Then again, how about a...trade?" his smile widened, even more dubious than it had been before, his face now mere inches away from hers.

"Shannon?!" a voice suddenly called out, and both Sawyer and the blonde looked back.

boone.jpg

"This guy bothering you?"

John Locke was sat on the small part of the beach that he had claimed as his own, sharpening his knife with the whetstone he kept with his kit. His suitcase had been flung into the waters; he'd paddled out to get it in the late afternoon yesterday. His ears almost pricked up when he heard raised voices across the beach. He jumped up and walked down to the three people making the noise.

Two young men, both looked like they could make themselves useful if they wanted to, and one young woman who had moved away from them both, bordering between disinterest, embarrassment and repulsion.

"What's going on here?" Locke demanded, looking between the two arguing men. He suddenly realised that he still had the knife in his hand, and moved the hand holding it behind his back. First impressions were everything afterall.

bannerlost.png
Andrew Wilson sat on the sand, his suit only a slightly darker shade than it. There was a commotion between some of the other survivors, but Wilson decided that he wouldn't get involved. Sure, he'd share resources and food with the others, but he didn't want to make any friends. He was here on his own. It was bad enough being stuck on a plane full of yanks, but now stranded on an island with them? He couldn't wait for rescue. There was only one island that he'd like to be on, and that was Britain. He could imagine himself right now in his council house in Surrey, feet up on the sofa, watching yet another program he'd been involved in, with a nice glass of Baileys and ice. Yep, he couldn't wait for rescue.​

Sayid

I sit on the sand. I sit because there is little else to do at present. Last night something ripped the trees from the ground. And no one talks about it. But that’s not what I think about as I sit.

Nadia. I miss her. I want her. That ticket, that flight from Sydney to Los Angeles, was supposed to be the beginning of a new life with the woman I love. Instead I am on a beach, surrounded by people I don’t know, lost somewhere in the world. Oceanic 815 was not way to a new life I had been hoping for.

I look around and they don’t think. None of them are thinking. Water, food… where will we find it if help doesn’t come? The doctor seems to be taking charge. The only thing more ironic would be if a priest was to be our saviour.

The blonde one is talking with the red neck. The annoying one is yelling now. It seems I can never escape some drama or another…

"The summer wind came blowing in from across the sea." I croon as I look out at the ocean from my stop off the beach.

"It lingered there, touched your hair and walked with me."

A ways off, some kind of confrontation breaks out between two guys.

I just shrug it off and go back to staring out at the sea.

I make sure nobody is looking when I slip the flask out of my pocket and take another swig of bourbon. I'm careful about taking too big of a swig, since my supply is starting to dwindle. I'm pretty sure this place doesn't have a fully stocked liqour cabinet.

"All summer long, we sang that song...."

My singing turns into a light hum as I put my flask up and start to walk down the beack towards the scene of the fight, passing other survivors as I hum lightly.

opv4ph.jpg

It had seemed like an eternity Kate Austen had been on the Island. She watched, the heat was quickly getting to people, a fight brewed near by. A South Korean couple were talking in Korean. It seemed the beautiful South Korean woman was having a go at her hopeless husband. A blonde, fairly pretty, pregnant young woman was seeming to have a conversation with some other castaways.

Kate sat on a rock, slumped back. She had untied her hair and let the gentle breeze blow it sideways. Some people were shouting after they're loved ones, still. Kate covered her eyes from the sun. She soon got up and walked up, she walked across the sand, towards the area where the Doctor was performing surgery on the Marshal, Edward Mars. The Doctor was no where in sight. Kate continued to walk forward, she then picked up a pace.

Edward Mars lay on, what was suppose to be a bed, helplessly. Kate bent down and looked deep into Edward's furious eyes.
"Why the angry face, Mars?" Kate asked, after all, she did save his life, he should be thanking her.
"The-they, can not trust you, you-" Kate pressed her index finger over Edwards mouth.
Shh now Mars, we don't want that little secret spreading around, do we?" Kate held back a grin. Edward's expression didn't change, he couldn't nod or shake his head, he couldn't speak, because of Kate, but Kate knew what he would of said on a life and death situation.

Last edited:
A few moments ago, Sawyer had been asleep. But in what seemed like record time, even for him, he had hit on some other guy's girl and started a fight that had caught everyone's attention.

"What's going on here?" a bald man jogged towards the confrontation, and Sawyer's eyes caught a glimpse of the knife the man had behind his back.

Just his luck, he thought, getting marooned on an island with Ted Bundy.

"Abercrombie and Fitch here doesn't seem too keen on his girl talking to strangers." Sawyer announced over the gathered group of people.

A few moments ago, Sawyer had been asleep. But in what seemed like record time, even for him, he had hit on some other guy's girl and started a fight that had caught everyone's attention.

"What's going on here?" a bald man jogged towards the confrontation, and Sawyer's eyes caught a glimpse of the knife the man had behind his back.

Just his luck, he thought, getting marooned on an island with Ted Bundy.

"Abercrombie and Fitch here doesn't seem too keen on his girl talking to strangers." Sawyer announced over the gathered group of people.
"Then perhaps you should show the both of them some respect and leave the girl alone," John said firmly, his face hardening.

He threw the knife down in the sand between them.

"Let's start again," he said, forcing a rigid smile into place "I'm Locke,"

He held out his hand to the man.

"Then perhaps you should show the both of them some respect and leave the girl alone," John said firmly, his face hardening.

He threw the knife down in the sand between them.

"Let's start again," he said, forcing a rigid smile into place "I'm Locke,"

He held out his hand to the man.

For a moment, Sawyer stared at the bald man. He seemed friendly enough, if a little...off.
Sawyer's eyes trailed down to Locke's extended hand, then to the knife buried up to the hilt in the sand between them.

"And I'm going back to sleep." he grunted, turning his back to Locke.

The people scattered around the island had already gone back to whatever it is they'd been doing, and the few that had gathered around Sawyer's own little piece of the beach were walking away. Just as he sat back down on the sand, Sawyer caught the blonde's eyes. The jock she was with had taken her, and the bottle of sun-tan lotion, and walked off. With a wry smile, he sent a wink her way before he dropped onto his back.

Sawyer sighed loudly. "Y'all be sure to wake me up if a rescue boat spots us."

bannerlost.png

Andrew Wilson sat on the sand, his suit only a slightly darker shade than it. There was a commotion between some of the other survivors, but Wilson decided that he wouldn't get involved. Sure, he'd share resources and food with the others, but he didn't want to make any friends. He was here on his own. It was bad enough being stuck on a plane full of yanks, but now stranded on an island with them? He couldn't wait for rescue. There was only one island that he'd like to be on, and that was Britain. He could imagine himself right now in his council house in Surrey, feet up on the sofa, watching yet another program he'd been involved in, with a nice glass of Baileys and ice. Yep, he couldn't wait for rescue.​
bannerlost.png
Well, the group was disparsing. Looks like whatever had sparked them off was settled. He noted the amount of people who had crowded around it, as if they had nothing better to do. Although they probably didn't. It was only a desert island. Well, a desert island with a giant tree uprooting thing. But Wilson was getting bored, so he decided to go and see who he could find to talk to. He scanned the beach and noticed the bald man. Who appeared to have a knife. Okay, wierdo. Still, he appeared to have settled the argument, so Wilson lept up and walked towards him.

"Nice work with the argument. My name's Wilson." He said, holding out his hand.

"Nice work with the argument. My name's Wilson." He said, holding out his hand.
John took the hand and gave it a hearty shake, smiling broadly.

"John Locke," he said, giving the pony tailed man a nod "How're you coping? Had a look at the jungle yet?"

John gave the brief attempt at making small-talk with this man, hoping instead to have a chance to look around the Island and try and map his bearings.

For a moment, Sawyer stared at the bald man. He seemed friendly enough, if a little...off.
Sawyer's eyes trailed down to Locke's extended hand, then to the knife buried up to the hilt in the sand between them.

"And I'm going back to sleep." he grunted, turning his back to Locke.

The people scattered around the island had already gone back to whatever it is they'd been doing, and the few that had gathered around Sawyer's own little piece of the beach were walking away. Just as he sat back down on the sand, Sawyer caught the blonde's eyes. The jock she was with had taken her, and the bottle of sun-tan lotion, and walked off. With a wry smile, he sent a wink her way before he dropped onto his back.

Sawyer sighed loudly. "Y'all be sure to wake me up if a rescue boat spots us."

jack.jpg

Doctor Jack Shephard wasn't a man who liked to get himself involved in the affairs of others, per se. He sat. He watched. He observed, and he learned. He wasn't someone afraid of taking action, but he always, always, had the need to feel that his action was justified. Right.

That would, then, explain why he approached the man known as Sawyer as the latter tried to get some sleep.

"Hey." Jack said, two days after the crash of Oceanic Flight 815, hunched over Sawyer's frame. "I don't think we met last night. You got a name?"

bannerlost.png
John took the hand and gave it a hearty shake, smiling broadly.

"John Locke," he said, giving the pony tailed man a nod "How're you coping? Had a look at the jungle yet?"

John gave the brief attempt at making small-talk with this man, hoping instead to have a chance to look around the Island and try and map his bearings.
"Been a bit of a shock, but I think it's the same with everyone." The man, John, seemed nice enough. "No, I haven't looked yet. I wouldn't mind one just as long as that...Thing, for want of a better word, doesn't get me."

"Been a bit of a shock, but I think it's the same with everyone." The man, John, seemed nice enough. "No, I haven't looked yet. I wouldn't mind one just as long as that...Thing, for want of a better word, doesn't get me."
"Oh I don't know," Locke said "In my experience creatures are a lot more scared of you than you are of them,"

He fixed Wilson with a faraway kind of look.

"Anyway, I've got some things to be doing, maybe I'll catch you later," he said, moving away from his new acquaintance in the direction of the jungle, knife in hand. His encounter with some of the survivors had given Locke the urge to be alone for a while.

"Oh I don't know," Locke said "In my experience creatures are a lot more scared of you than you are of them,"

He fixed Wilson with a faraway kind of look.

"Anyway, I've got some things to be doing, maybe I'll catch you later," he said, moving away from his new acquaintance in the direction of the jungle, knife in hand. His encounter with some of the survivors had given Locke the urge to be alone for a while.
"Um, bye." Wilson said, watching Locke leave. Well, yanks were definately weird. But the conversation had sparked off the investigative side of him. What was the thing in the jungle. Maybe if anyone decide to go in, he'd tag along too. For now, he was going to just stand where he was and watch the horizon for rescue boats.

jack.jpg

"Hey." Jack said, two days after the crash of Oceanic Flight 815, hunched over Sawyer's frame. "I don't think we met last night. You got a name?" [/LEFT]
sawyerbanner.jpg

"Can't a man get some sleep..."

Yet again Sawyer's eyes shot open. He lifted his arm to block the sun, and saw the Doctor everyone kept talking about hovering over him. Raising himself to a seated position, he looked up at the Doc, measuring the man up, deciding if he was any better than the other chumps he was stuck on this island with.

"At last, Captain Hero has deemed me worthy.." Sawyer began, deciding Jack was every bit as yellow as everyone else on the beach. "The rate you people keep bothering me, I'd be surprised if I actually got a wink of sleep before we get rescued or.." Sawyer's eyes wandered over to the wall of trees leading into the dense jungle. "..well, let's just say I ain't sticking around to find out what the alternative is."

Sawyer faked a heavy sigh as he leaned back down and closed his eyes, both hands behind his head. "That also means we won't be on this sunny island long enough for us to become bestest friends foreverest, so you can skip the introductions, Doc. I don't much care."

sawyerbanner.jpg

"Can't a man get some sleep..."

Yet again Sawyer's eyes shot open. He lifted his arm to block the sun, and saw the Doctor everyone kept talking about hovering over him. Raising himself to a seated position, he looked up at the Doc, measuring the man up, deciding if he was any better than the other chumps he was stuck on this island with.

"At last, Captain Hero has deemed me worthy.." Sawyer began, deciding Jack was every bit as yellow as everyone else on the beach. "The rate you people keep bothering me, I'd be surprised if I actually got a wink of sleep before we get rescued or.." Sawyer's eyes wandered over to the wall of trees leading into the dense jungle. "..well, let's just say I ain't sticking around to find out what the alternative is."

Sawyer faked a heavy sigh as he leaned back down and closed his eyes, both hands behind his head. "That also means we won't be on this sunny island long enough for us to become bestest friends foreverest, so you can skip the introductions, Doc. I don't much care."
jack.jpg

Shephard knew that Sawyer wasn't going to be one for small talk or friendships.

So, he took the direct approach.

"I need the medicine you've got hidden in your bag."
He said simply, breathing deeply. "I need it. And I need it now."

jack.jpg

Shephard knew that Sawyer wasn't going to be one for small talk or friendships.

So, he took the direct approach.

"I need the medicine you've got hidden in your bag."
He said simply, breathing deeply. "I need it. And I need it now."

sawyerbanner.jpg

Sawyer's mind went directly to the duffel bag he had half-buried in the sand behind him. The first night after the crash, while everyone was either sleeping or staring blankly out at the ocean, Sawyer had ventured into the fuselage. Careful not to make any sort of noise, he had proceeded to dig around for anything useful and..well, tradeable.
Bottles of water, small bags of food, magazines and, yes, medicine.

Sawyer was a good judge of character. One look at someone and he could tell you exactly what kind of perso they were. And Dr. Jack here, Sawyer knew when he first looked at him, was not an idiot. Sawyer wouldn't be able to bluff, lie or barter with the doctor, and he knew that.

That didn't mean he wouldn't have some fun and try anyway. "I have no idea what you're talking about, Doc." he spoke with his lazy Southern drawl accentuated.

His act visibly irritated the doctor, and Sawyer loved it.

sawyerbanner.jpg

Sawyer's mind went directly to the duffel bag he had half-buried in the sand behind him. The first night after the crash, while everyone was either sleeping or staring blankly out at the ocean, Sawyer had ventured into the fuselage. Careful not to make any sort of noise, he had proceeded to dig around for anything useful and..well, tradeable.
Bottles of water, small bags of food, magazines and, yes, medicine.

Sawyer was a good judge of character. One look at someone and he could tell you exactly what kind of perso they were. And Dr. Jack here, Sawyer knew when he first looked at him, was not an idiot. Sawyer wouldn't be able to bluff, lie or barter with the doctor, and he knew that.

That didn't mean he wouldn't have some fun and try anyway. "I have no idea what you're talking about, Doc." he spoke with his lazy Southern drawl accentuated.

His act visibly irritated the doctor, and Sawyer loved it.
jack.jpg

Shephard narrowed his eyes and felt a sly smile slide onto his face.

"Sawyer. If you want a man's death on your conscience, that's fine with me. Hell, I'll have done everything I can to save that marshal."
He rose to his feet, the bottom of the worn t-shirt flapping in the breeze. "Something tells me this won't be the first death you'll be responsible for."

jack.jpg

Shephard narrowed his eyes and felt a sly smile slide onto his face.

"Sawyer. If you want a man's death on your conscience, that's fine with me. Hell, I'll have done everything I can to save that marshal."
He rose to his feet, the bottom of the worn t-shirt flapping in the breeze. "Something tells me this won't be the first death you'll be responsible for."

sawyerbanner.jpg

Sawyer's smile suddenly dropped, but he did the best he could to quickly recover.

"Heh, you see right through me, Doc."

For a few seconds, silence hung heavy between the men as they stared off. Neither willing to give the other room, the tension between them was palpable. Neither of them liked the other, and neither wanted to be the first one to back down. What felt like years passed, before Sawyer finally chuckled to himself and reached over to his duffel bag.

"Tell you what." he bragged a red case that contained all the medicine he had managed to find hand extended it to Jack. "Just because I like you so much, here. Take it." he said with a sarcastic smile, and Jack nodded sternly.

"Tell me, how is our marshal friend doing?" Sawyer asked, half-interested and half-focused on the marshal's gun, which he had found and stuffed in the duffel bag.

While everyone mingles and lays about on the beach, I go to work.

Sneaking into what's left of our plane's fuselage, I start to rummage through the cabinets in the plane.

"No." I say as I toss a bag of peanuts away.

"No." I throw a flare gun to the ground.

I smile wide as I open another cabinet. Beer, wine and liqour are stocked in the cabinet. It's a miracle the crash didn't break them.

"Jackpot. Thank you, plastic bottles."

It doesn't matter if a plane is carrying the pope, it always has booze on it.

I hurriedly stash as much hooch into my pockets before I back out of the fuselage and start walking back to my little section of the beach.

sawyerbanner.jpg

Sawyer's smile suddenly dropped, but he did the best he could to quickly recover.

"Heh, you see right through me, Doc."

For a few seconds, silence hung heavy between the men as they stared off. Neither willing to give the other room, the tension between them was palpable. Neither of them liked the other, and neither wanted to be the first one to back down. What felt like years passed, before Sawyer finally chuckled to himself and reached over to his duffel bag.

"Tell you what." he bragged a red case that contained all the medicine he had managed to find hand extended it to Jack. "Just because I like you so much, here. Take it." he said with a sarcastic smile, and Jack nodded sternly.

"Tell me, how is our marshal friend doing?" Sawyer asked, half-interested and half-focused on the marshal's gun, which he had found and stuffed in the duffel bag.

jack.jpg

Shephard opened the case, making sure he wasn't being conned. It was there. Everything he'd need to try and keep the septic infection spreading through the marshal's abdomen at bay. He paused and looked up at Sawyer.

"What?" He said, snidely, his head shaking slightly, half in disbelief, half in contempt, "Like you suddenly care?"

Last edited:
jack.jpg

Shephard opened the case, making sure he wasn't being conned. It was there. Everything he'd need to try and keep the septic infection spreading through the marshal's abdomen at bay. He paused and looked up at Sawyer.

"What?" He said, snidely, his head shaking slightly, half in disbelief, half in contempt, "Like you suddenly care?"

sawyerbanner.jpg

"Wait, I don't look like a caring kind of guy to you?" Sawyer snorted as he rose to his feet.

From the corner of his eye, he saw someone sneak into the fuselage. The same person came out a few seconds later, a previously empty bag now filled.

"Well, Doc. It's been a pleasure doing business with you. Don't be a stranger, now." Sawyer took extra care to lightly, but firmly, bump his shoulder into Jack's when he brushed past him. The doctor shook his head once more in a marriage of disbelief and contempt, before making his way back to his patient.

"Hey, old timer!" Sawyer called out to the man he had seen come out of the fuselage. The man kept walking, either not hearing Sawyer or ignoring him. "I said hey!"

Finally the man stopped and, slowly, carefully, turned to Sawyer. His hands were wrapped around his bag, like a young boy caught smoking. Sawyer smiled and chuckled.

"Seems you and I are the only ones with brains around here." he motioned towards the man's bag. "The only thing I left in there was the booze, and I reckon I could go for some of what you're holding right about now."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"