L O S T - The Role-Playing Game (IC Thread)

"Oh I don't know," Locke said "In my experience creatures are a lot more scared of you than you are of them,"

He fixed Wilson with a faraway kind of look.

"Anyway, I've got some things to be doing, maybe I'll catch you later," he said, moving away from his new acquaintance in the direction of the jungle, knife in hand. His encounter with some of the survivors had given Locke the urge to be alone for a while.
Boone

Boone glared at the southerner who started the fight. No way Boone would let Shannon go near that guy again.

As the man named Locke finished talking to the British gentleman, Boone
looked towards his step-sister.

"Wait right here, ok?"

Before he could give her time to answer
, he raced over to the bald man, wishing to thank him.

"Hey uh ... Locke, thanks for what you did back there."

He extended his right hand outwards.

"I'm Boone."

Last edited:
"Seems you and I are the only ones with brains around here." he motioned towards the man's bag. "The only thing I left in there was the booze, and I reckon I could go for some of what you're holding right about now."

I smile at the hot-headed southerner.

"I'm not entierly sure what you're talking about....all I have in here is peanuts."

He smiles and pushes the back, the bottles inside knock together and make a clinking noise.

"Really?"

"Yeah...uhh, glass covered peanuts...."

I look around to make sure nobody is watching before I continue.

"If I give you a few bottles, will you keep quiet? I...Uhh, would like to hide this from everyone else...I don't want any drunk fools around here so I plan on hiding it where nobody can get it."

He smiles and pushes the back, the bottles inside knock together and make a clinking noise.

"Really?"

"Yeah...uhh, glass covered peanuts...."

I look around to make sure nobody is watching before I continue.

"If I give you a few bottles, will you keep quiet? I...Uhh, would like to hide this from everyone else...I don't want any drunk fools around here so I plan on hiding it where nobody can get it."

"Seems to me you're making sure there's only gonna be one drunken fool 'round here." Sawyer smiles as the man buries his hand in the bag and fishes around.

Making sure no one's looking, the man hands Sawyer two small bottles, which Sawyer immediately pockets. "Finally a man I can do business with." he smiles, extending his hand. "Sawyer. You ever need something come by my neck of the beach. Long as you bring that bag of goods with you."

"Seems to me you're making sure there's only gonna be one drunken fool 'round here." Sawyer smiles as the man buries his hand in the bag and fishes around.

Making sure no one's looking, the man hands Sawyer two small bottles, which Sawyer immediately pockets. "Finally a man I can do business with." he smiles, extending his hand. "Sawyer. You ever need something come by my neck of the beach. Long as you bring that bag of goods with you."

I shake Sawyer's hand and quickly zip up the bag.

"Bobby Chambers...."

I shake Sawyer's hand and quickly zip up the bag.

"Bobby Chambers...."

Sawyer cocked his head ever so slightly as he, for the first time, actually looked at the man in front of him. There was something about his face...his voice..and now his name. Almost..almost like a faint echo of a memory.

"Chambers..." he repeated in a half-whisper, before deciding it was just his mind playing games with him. Stranger things had happened, Sawyer thought to himself, as the sound of whatever stalked the jungle replayed in his head.

"Well, Bobbo, I'm a believer in the first come, first serve philosophy. But if you ever need a drinking buddy, you know where to find me." he let go of Chambers' hand and turned to walk away.

If Sawyer wasn't going to get any peace and quiet, he'd just drink until he didn't care. God knew he'd done it plenty of times before, he mused to himself solemnly, as he handled the bottles in his pants.

Sawyer cocked his head ever so slightly as he, for the first time, actually looked at the man in front of him. There was something about his face...his voice..and now his name. Almost..almost like a faint echo of a memory.

"Chambers..." he repeated in a half-whisper, before deciding it was just his mind playing games with him. Stranger things had happened, Sawyer thought to himself, as the sound of whatever stalked the jungle replayed in his head.

"Well, Bobbo, I'm a believer in the first come, first serve philosophy. But if you ever need a drinking buddy, you know where to find me." he let go of Chambers' hand and turned to walk away.

If Sawyer wasn't going to get any peace and quiet, he'd just drink until he didn't care. God knew he'd done it plenty of times before, he mused to himself solemnly, as he handled the bottles in his pants.

I wait for Sawyer to walk off before I turn towards the forest.

Making sure nobody is following me, I start to walk off into the jungle.

I grab the bag full of booze tightly as I start my trek.

I know something is out here, but I'm sure I can take it....with a bit of liquid courage.

bannerlost.png
Wilson was bored. There was still no sign of a rescue ship, and, frankly, there wasn't anything to do. So he decided to go for a trek. On his own. So he set off. The first part was the part he remembered from the crash. The tall, long reeds. After a few minutes of hacking his way through them with nothing but his own hands, he found himself in a bamboo grove. There were reeds here and there, and a few muddy patches. As Wilson continued, the reeds were slowly replaced with more cliched jungle plants, tall trees, the works. After roughly twenty minutes of walking, Wilson found himself out of the woods.
Mesa_Season_One_SAME_EXACT_ANGLE.jpg

There was an expansive grass plain, with a tree line stretching along in a irregular square around it. To his right, in the distance, was a giant cliff face. Wilson kept walking through across the field. By now his legs were hurting, but as a location scout, he had learnt to ignore these things. He continued his trek across the plains until he arrived back at the woods.​

Boone glared at the southerner who started the fight. No way Boone would let Shannon go near that guy again.​

As the man named Locke finished talking to the British gentleman, Boone looked towards his step-sister.

"Wait right here, ok?"​

Before he could give her time to answer

, he raced over to the bald man, wishing to thank him.

"Hey uh ... Locke, thanks for what you did back there."

He extended his right hand outwards.​

"I'm Boone."

John took the hand and shook it, giving a small smile.

"Not a problem, just doing what I can," he said to the young man.

"I have some things to be doing," he said diplomatically "But you're quite welcome to join me if you like,"

sawyerbanner.jpg

Sawyer couldn't wait. Only a few steps more and he'd be enjoying the bottles of alcohol currently weighing down his pants. If he was going to be stuck on a jungle island and eaten by a dinosaur, or whatever lurked in the trees, he was going to be inebriated while it happened.

Taking a gander over the beach, he spotted the Doctor skulking about a makeshift tent; a small piece of the airplane's wing jutting out from the sand, a large blanket hanging from it to serve as a curtain. In Jack's hand was the box of medicine he had got from Sawyer, and as the Doc entered the 'tent', Sawyer caught a glimpse of a man on his back, writhing in pain.

"Sawyer." the Doc's voice reached Sawyer the just as he was about to throw himself down on the sand.

"You've gotta be kidding me, Doc." he muttered to himself as he sneaked the bottles out of his pocket and wrapped them up in his blanket. Turning around, he looked over to Jack with a condescending smile on his face. "At your service, Superdoc."

The Doctor placed his hands on his hip and sighed heavily. He looked tired; the kind of tired that kills people. Bags under his eyes, sweat staining his clothes, his movements betraying a weary man.

"I need to talk to you."

---

"How can I help, Doc? Need me to hold his hair back while he upchucks?"

"The pills I need, uh..." Jack spoke quickly, but stopped as if trying to find a word that Sawyer would understand, before deciding against it. "..Metaxalone, it's, it's a muscle relaxant. The bottle was empty." he looked at Sawyer the way a police office would look at a gang banger. "I need those pills. Sawyer."

Sawyer chuckled and shook his head slightly. "Sorry, Doc, but you're barkin' up the wrong tree. If those pills ain't in that box, someone else got to 'em before I did."

"Sawyer.." Jack spoke with a cool frustration, trying the best he could to remain calm.

"But tell ya what, if you're looking for pain pills go ask Abduhl over there..." he motioned over to the Middle-Eastern man who had been sitting at the shore almost since they crashed. "..he certainly seems relaxed as hell."

"Damnit, I.." Jack finally erupted, moving towards Sawyer and taking a hold of his shirt.

"I'm not interrupting, am I?" a voice from behind the Doc snapped him out of it. Both men turned to look at the bald man, Locke, who looked between the two men as if he was going to have to stop another fight.

"No, I...I..No." Jack let go of Sawyer's shirt, and Sawyer decided not to push his luck by saying anything.

"Boone and I are going to head into the jungle for some food. More than welcome to tag along if you want to."

Looking back to Jack, who obviously felt ashamed for losing his cool, Sawyer smoothed his shirt. "For some reason I feel I've worn out my welcome with the Doctor, so why not?" he said to Locke, before he excused himself. Walking over to where his blanket covered two bottles of liquor, he grabbed the air marshals' gun and tucked it in the string of his pants. Who knew, they might run into whatever was knocking down the trees, and if they did, Sawyer wasn't going to go down without a fight.

When he met back up with Locke, he saw the pretty-boy who's girlfriend Sawyer had been hitting on earlier. The young man rolled his eyes and looked down when Sawyer approached. "Abercrombie! How's the girlfriend?"

John took the hand and shook it, giving a small smile.

"Not a problem, just doing what I can," he said to the young man.

"I have some things to be doing," he said diplomatically "But you're quite welcome to join me if you like,"[/left]
Boone

Before Boone answered the
question, he turned his head towards where Shannon is ... or at least was. It seems she's gone walking off again, probably getting herself in more trouble. Was there really going to be anything to stop her? Lord knows this scenario has been played out before (minus a desert island). Maybe it was best he just let her go.

After looking around for awhile, it was clear that Shannon wasn't anywhere in sight. Boone turned his head back around to Locke. His eyes began to wander down at the large knife that the bald man carried. How did this guy even get one aboard the plane!?

Rather then asking a host of questions, he simply asked one. "What is it you're up to?"

Locke looked between the two men, deciding on whether it was worth divulging the real reason that he wanted to go into the jungle. He quickly decided against it, smiling at them instead.

"Well, we're going to need food if we're here for any length of time. I suggest that we head out into the jungle and find something that we can eat...or at least collect some wood for a signal fire," Locke explained to the pair.

Locke looked between the two men, deciding on whether it was worth divulging the real reason that he wanted to go into the jungle. He quickly decided against it, smiling at them instead.

"Well, we're going to need food if we're here for any length of time. I suggest that we head out into the jungle and find something that we can eat...or at least collect some wood for a signal fire," Locke explained to the pair.
Boone

Getting food and firewood, out in the jungle? Was this man crazy!? Didn't he hear that "monster" taking down those trees the night before!?

Boone felt it was in Locke's best interest that he be reminded.

"You do remember the roaring and the trees falling down in the jungle last night, right? Don't you think we should find out what that 'thing' is before we go out there?"

jack.jpg

The marshal was unconscious in the makeshift tent Jack had created for him. It wasn't a sterile environment, but it was the closest he could get. As much as he wouldn't like to admit it, he wasn't sure if he was going to be able to save the man whose life had been entrusted to him. For some reason, whatever reason, he had been looked to to save this man's life. Maybe it was because he was a doctor. Maybe it was because he was one of the main people who helped organize people on the beach and after the crash. Hell, as far as Jack knew, it might've been because he was wearing a damned suit-jacket and looked spiffy.

The marshal was flat on his back as Jack sat beside him, with his arms wrapped around his knees which were tucked into his chest. His head dipped and he finally, after days, took a few moments to breathe.

"Goddamn it, Jack."

• • •

"You think you've got any place to do this to me?"

Jack Shephard stands in his scrubs, a breathing mask pulled down below his chin exposing his mouth. The hallway of the hospital he was standing in was the same as every other hospital in the world: green and white lineoleum tiles, always a little bit too shiny than they ought to be. The dull hum of air conditioner units that had been on far longer than they were intended to be, and the sickly scent of medicine and cleaner coursing through them.

"She was a kid, dad. A kid. Somebody's daughter. Somebody's daughter who was in a car accident."

Across from Jack, hunched over, stood a tall man, his gray hair slicked back behind his ears. His aged hands rested on his hips as he glared indignantly at the surgeon in front of him.

"Twenty-five years. Twenty-five years, I've been at this hospital. Seven of 'em as chief of surgery. You see me in the O.R. for five minutes and you come in and take over an emergency surgery?"

"Your hands were shaking as you held that scalpel, dad, and don't you dare pretend that they weren't."

"So were yours, Jack."

The two paused for a moment, glaring at each other.

"This is on you. Whatever happens, whatever has happened... it's all on you."

"You better be damned sure about what you did today, son."

"Oh, yeah? And why's that, dad?" Jack leaned forward, arching his eyebrows, "Why should I be so sure, hm? I did the best job that I could."

"The difference between today and any other day, though, is you chose to step into that operating theater."

• • •

"And now the responsibility is yours. Some days, your best just won't be good enough."

Those words still haunted Jack as he sat on the beach, staring at the marshal. His patient's breathing had grown shallow. He was getting worse. He was getting worse and, Jack feared, there wasn't a thing anyone could do about it.

Boone

Boone felt it was in Locke's best interest that he be reminded.

"You do remember the roaring and the trees falling down in the jungle last night, right? Don't you think we should find out what that 'thing' is before we go out there?"

sawyerbanner.jpg

Sawyer looked at the young man and chuckled. "But that's just the thing that makes it interestin', now don't it?"

He looked over to Locke, smiling still, and gave him a firm pat on the back. "I'm with you, old-timer. God knows being mauled by a dinosaur in the jungle is a damn sight more interestin' than dying of boredom out here." he stated matter-of-factly, feeling the marshal's gun in his pantwaist.

sawyerbanner.jpg

Sawyer looked at the young man and chuckled. "But that's just the thing that makes it interestin', now don't it?"

He looked over to Locke, smiling still, and gave him a firm pat on the back. "I'm with you, old-timer. God knows being mauled by a dinosaur in the jungle is a damn sight more interestin' than dying of boredom out here." he stated matter-of-factly, feeling the marshal's gun in his pantwaist.
Boone

Boone looked coldly towards the southern man. There was just something about him that Boone already knew he didn't like. No matter, he wasn't going to look like a coward to a smooth-talking lazy bum. It probably didn't help that Boone was prone to curiosity either.

"Alright fine, I'm in. I just hope you have a plan Locke, in case that thing shows up."

Yeah, Shannon would be having a fit with him right now if she knew what he was doing. With his life on the line, perhaps looking forward to the inevitable argument wasn't too far fetched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"