Latest Anime you watched? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched The Girl Who Leapt Through Time recently. Still love it, but I felt it dragged a little this time.

Watched The Girl Who Leapt Through Time recently. Still love it, but I felt it dragged a little this time.

I find that anime movies in general quite often suffer from pacing issues, i don't know if it's a cultural thing in the way they tell stories or what.

Ouran High School Host Club "The Twins Fight"

Darker Than Black "A New Star Shines in the Dawn Sky: Pt 1"

Hunter X Hunter episode 49

Just keeps getting better and better, i highly recomend it.

I just finished up Angel Beats. Very funny, very emotional anime series. It's only 13 episodes longs, so it's easy to get into and finish.

Hunter X Hunter 2011 Ep.50
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Ep.1

Just finished Gundam Unicorn episode 3. Great so far, but the episode releases are so slow. 6 or 7 will be the newest, but I think it's slated for 2013. In the meantime I think I might give Gundam AGE a try. I heard it was a bit kiddy, and involves aliens (weird for a gundam), but the story spanning 3 characters lives is pretty interesting. Also been meaning to pick One Piece back up. I still read the manga weekly, but stopped watching the anime around the rescue Ace ark.

Ouran High School Host Club "The Twins Fight"

Darker Than Black "A New Star Shines in the Dawn Sky: Pt 1"

I went ahead, and watched Darker than black on Netflix, and loved it. Is a new star an OVA, or movie?

I was looking for another series like it, and saw recommendations of Speed Grapher. Awful, IMO.

Hunter X Hunter 2011 episode 47

I really liked HunterXHunter until midway through the Chimera ant arc. It's still readable, but far from previous levels. After it though the new arc has promise, so it might pick up again. The only problem is the author (Yu yu Hakusho creator who married Sailor Moon creator, just in case you didn't know) is sickly. So he does a bit, takes half a year off, does 30 issues, takes a year off. He started a new arc that's interesting again, and then has been on hiatus since. Also, you'll notice when/if the anime gets to the ant arc, a villain copies a DBZ villain (look wise) pretty badly, lol.

I just finished the Blade anime. Predictable be good. Naruto Shippuden Movie 5 really bored me. Heard some good stuff about Darker than Black and Death note. I will give them a look.

Death Note is really good, IMO, and already mentioned I liked Darker than black. Death Note has a lot of cerebral back and forths, like chess with ppl's lives as the pawns. If you want something similar to Death Note after you finish it, but with more action, I recommend Code Geass. It's not quite as cerebral, but does have mechs, heh.

Fairy Tail 103, it's becoming interesting, but i still don't see a reason for why this anime is so popular, compared to One Piece, Naruto, Hunter X Hunter and Bleach it's not very original or imaginative

I do like FT, but agrre it's not in OP's class. It's pro's are (atleast in the manga) that the story arcs move at a nice pace, good art, characters, a large more interesting story unravels slowly in the background over the entire series, the humor, and neat looking fights. However, the author has real problems with Natsu's fights, which showed me Bleaches power levels aren't so bad. Natsu constantly punches above his weight, yells something about friendship, and then beats everyone...literally. His last manga fight was ridiculously done, and rushed, IMO.

Last edited:
I really liked HunterXHunter until midway through the Chimera ant arc. It's still readable, but far from previous levels. After it though the new arc has promise, so it might pick up again. The only problem is the author (Yu yu Hakusho creator who married Sailor Moon creator, just in case you didn't know) is sickly. So he does a bit, takes half a year off, does 30 issues, takes a year off. He started a new arc that's interesting again, and then has been on hiatus since. Also, you'll notice when/if the anime gets to the ant arc, a villain copies a DBZ villain (look wise) pretty badly, lol.

Yeah i know that fact :woot:, which is why it's often called Hiatus X Hiatus, but aparently the rumors that he's sick weren't true, he's just very lazy, aparently nowadays he works when he feels like he wants to and normally takes breaks to play Dragon Quest (aparently he's a big fan of that game series and most people say he took his latest break to play Dragon Quest X, and since it's an MMO it's probably going to take a while).

You're probably refering to the Ant King, yeah i thougt the same, i found out that the chimaera arc is very divisive, while it was being released fans in Mangafox were hating it because of how long it was taking and how dark it was becoming, fans on most forums, many even read that arc in one go, say that it was exelent :-)huh:The was even one guy that exagerated and said it was the best work of fiction ever :huh:).

From what i know Gon went through a lot of *** in that arc, i heard the evolution of the characters was very well done, i think Togashi takes elements from other mangas and more or less makes a tribute to the genre, Naruto also took a lot from HXH, the most obvious was taking Kurapika's Clan and the eyes and using that for Sasuke and the Uchiha clan.

All around Hunter X Hunter is normally one of the most loved mangas around by fans, but i can't really judge it until the anime reaches that part.

I do like FT, but agrre it's not in OP's class. It's pro's are (atleast in the manga) that the story arcs move at a nice pace, good art, characters, a large more interesting story unravels slowly in the background over the entire series, the humor, and neat looking fights. However, the author has real problems with Natsu's fights, which showed me Bleaches power levels aren't so bad. Natsu constantly punches above his weight, yells something about friendship, and then beats everyone...literally. His last manga fight was ridiculously done, and rushed, IMO.

You're probably talking about Natsu vs the 3rd generation of Dragon Slayers right? Yeah it was kind of strange :woot:
While there were some interesting mysteries i don't feel like Fairy Tail brings anything new, even Bleach had some neat concepts like the Hollows and Hueco Mundo, but the magic and things n Fairy Tail just seems like the author wanted to create a battle shonen like the most popular ones and just mixed a lot of concepts from them and used magic as an excuse to do whatever he wants with the battles and power levels.

Yeah, you were right on both parts, Ant King (Cell), and the 3rd gen Dragonslayers. I was just trying to avoid spoiling you just in case you hadn't gotten to that point yet.

The FT mystery I'm talking about is something I can't get into depth without spoiling. I'll just say it was hinted at with Lucy's mom, then the Dragon's, then a character named Zeref, and now carried on in the current arc. It's like a large web in the background with bits being shown throughout the series, but never taking center stage. Still though, the fights aren't always well thought out, and too easily become lopsided.

As for HunterXHunter being very loved, I can understand that. It's a solid series that goes at it's own pace. It's just more of a personal thing with me. The Chimera Ant arc started to go a bit downhill (IMO), and then it goes on hiatus forever. It did eventually come back and get good again, but by then I had kind of been soured on it. Then it goes on hiatus again right in the middle of the climax of the arc. Then comes back, finishes the arc, does one little tiny arc, sets up something that could be really interesting, and goes on hiatus again. It's a series worth sticking too, but if you've been following it for awhile...it gets sooooo frustrating, lol.

In fact, the last issue was released March this year. I'm guessing the next issue won't be until sometime next year. If he's waited this long, chances are he'll wait until after New Years.

Yeah, you were right on both parts, Ant King (Cell), and the 3rd gen Dragonslayers. I was just trying to avoid spoiling you just in case you hadn't gotten to that point yet.

The FT mystery I'm talking about is something I can't get into depth without spoiling. I'll just say it was hinted at with Lucy's mom, then the Dragon's, then a character named Zeref, and now carried on in the current arc. It's like a large web in the background with bits being shown throughout the series, but never taking center stage. Still though, the fights aren't always well thought out, and too easily become lopsided.

As for HunterXHunter being very loved, I can understand that. It's a solid series that goes at it's own pace. It's just more of a personal thing with me. The Chimera Ant arc started to go a bit downhill (IMO), and then it goes on hiatus forever. It did eventually come back and get good again, but by then I had kind of been soured on it. Then it goes on hiatus again right in the middle of the climax of the arc. Then comes back, finishes the arc, does one little tiny arc, sets up something that could be really interesting, and goes on hiatus again. It's a series worth sticking too, but if you've been following it for awhile...it gets sooooo frustrating, lol.

In fact, the last issue was released March this year. I'm guessing the next issue won't be until sometime next year. If he's waited this long, chances are he'll wait until after New Years.
I've watched mpst of the show and have read the latest arc, yeah, i noticed that mystery in the background. Having recently started Hnuter X Hunter i'm a little frustrated that after 10 years most of the plot points like the Phantom Troupe and many other mysteries haven't been completed, and they don't even seem to be close to that.

This is something i also don't like about Bleach, i saw everything until the end of the Fullbring arc in a row but after knowing that the Soul Society Src took 2 years and that hueco mundo up until aizen's defeat took some 5 to 7 years i'm not as motivated for the rest of the story, no wonder so many fans have been droping the series recently. And this makes me less motivated for the future of the series.

Hunter X Hunter has really slow plot elements, many of them don't even end in their respective storylines, if Togashi stoped with all these hiatus it would be much easier to keep people insterested.

On a side note i remember somebody saying that in 4chan they only like 4 series, One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Magi and another manga i forgot the name.

Last edited:
Just finished Hellsing Ultimate OVA 9. Awesome. While I wait for HU OVA 10, I am onto Deathnote.

Finished Deathnote eps. 1-3. I am loving this already. Incredible cat and mouse game between Kira and L. Completely different than any anime I have ever seen. Too bad there was only one season of this.

Hunter X Hunter ep.51
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure ep.2
Magi ep.2

All good but Magi should have taken its time, it seems like they're adapting the first 16 chapters into 3 episodes, JoJo's very good, i expect great things from it.

FLCL: "Marquis de Carabas"---I want to like this series, but I can't get into it.

Trinity Blood: "Flight Night"

Ouran High School Host Club: "The Grade School Host is the Naughty Type!"

...and I keep forgetting about Darker Than Black, so I need to get back to it too...

DBZ abridged and DBGT just for giggles.

Chuunibyou demo koi ga ****ai ep 3
Little Busters ep 3
To Love-Ru Darkness ep 3
SAO ep 16
Psycho Pass ep 2
Robtics;Notes ep 2
Magi ep 3

Hunter X Hunter Ep.52
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure ep.3

Magi's ep.3 the next i'm going to watch

I am liking Magi a great deal and I'm not usually too fond of cutesy anime characters but the way Aladdin gets chucked around bring a smile to my face.

I'd say this is the first anime I've seen adapting characters from Arabian Nights lore, I'd be interested to see if they are more.

Finished Hellsing Ultimate OVA 9. I thought the anime was kinda cool, but shallow.
Am I supposed to feel anything for its murderous characters? The story is just kinda out there, too. We're presented to the characters then we're already watching a war happening.

Oh well, I'm anticipating the final episode, but this anime is nowhere in my list of favorite shows.

On to Cowboy Bebop, now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"