LEAST favorite villain

Discussion in 'Batman World' started by GothamAlleys, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Wesley Dodds

Wesley Dodds He Who Lurks...

I'm gonna say Joe Chill.

I much preferred it when the Wayne's killer was never caught.
    That way it's almost like Crime itself killed them. I like the idea of the most important thing that ever happened to Bruce, the thing that turned him into the worlds greatest detective being the one crime he could never solve. The loose end that constantly gnaws at him.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  2. DaveMoral

DaveMoral Well-Known Member

This guy gets it. Ra's al-Ghul is Batman's Moriarty. Joker may vie for second olace there, but Ra's is ths grand schemer amd mastermind that constantly matches wits with Batman. He'd love to win him to his cause. Frankly, Ra's is easily a character I can agree with ideologically. That's what makes him interesting, he has a point and makes valid critiques of human civilizatiin and our relationahip to the planet we inhabit. His tactics are the schemes of madmen.

I just watched almost every DCAU episode dealing with him the other day, all prettt awesome.

3. jb007

jb007 Well-Known Member

The Mad hatter

4. OutRiddled

OutRiddled Well-Known Member

Shame

Quite a few villains created for the 60s tv series were lame, but Shame is the worst. A cowboy fighting Batman? Seriously? No wonder he never made another appearance, except for one on Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

5. -Catwoman-

-Catwoman- Well-Known Member

Maxie Zeus
    Killer Croc
    And clock king
    Grundy

The most ridiculous and fantastical.

I don't much care for Aesop who relies on his lions. Just have selina handy and he's defeated, the old man

6. Spider-Aziz

Spider-Aziz Raul Boston's Dish Gaunt

Two-Face: Tragic story is given, but for the most part he's a campy villain always operating by twos. Batman:TAS made him a favor, and his TDK version is as scary as he should be. In comics he's annoying

Poison Ivy: I love how her counterpart in Devil may Cry 4 is sliced and killed
    She's the annoying "Don't hurt my children you evil demented monstrous b******", and then she does all those experiments on them, sometimes she kills them on her own

Then there are lots of minor villains like Crazy Quilt, Ten Eyed Man, and a few more

Signalman has a special place in my heart, that moment when Gordon wants to light the Bat-Signal to summon Batman, and is shocked to see him breaking the glass and jumping out before he turns it on is an awesome moment. Signalman's plan there is sound, so he is far from being in the list of my least favorite villains just for that moment

7. relentless1

relentless1 Member

i have to agree whole heartedly with wesley dodds about joe chill, i preferred it much better when the wayne murder was unsolved, but my least favourite villan off the top of my head would have to be man bat, way too fantastical, too spiderman, yknow with the mutation into the human spider an all that, lame backstory too, too much like curt connors.

8. Fudgie

Fudgie Well-Known Member

Hush. Lame-o villain.

9. Spider-Aziz

Spider-Aziz Raul Boston's Dish Gaunt

Isn't Man-Bat an ally more than he is a foe to fight and fear?

10. Bathead

Bathead The Oldest Geek

11. jclinton

jclinton New Member

Solmon Grundy, Mad Hatter & Cluemaster

12. TruerToTheCore

TruerToTheCore Well-Known Member

Late to the party...

Since Batman is a detective a foe like the Riddler makes perfect sense.

It can't be the "best Riddler story" since the Riddler is obsessed by a demon and not his true self. It doesn't really count.

13. Rowsdower!

Rowsdower! Well-Known Member

F*** these villains:

1. Harley Quinn
    2. Black Mask
    3. Crazy Quilt
    4. Clock King
    5. that guy who looked like the Tampa Bay Bucs logo back when they still wore orange

14. Fudgie

Fudgie Well-Known Member

Why the hate for Harley?

15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Member

Man-Bat
    Maxi Zeus
    Firefly
    Amygdala
    Magpie

Grundy is only good in short bursts like how they used him in Long Halloween.

16. Omegabat

Omegabat Well-Known Member

WOW we agree again.

Hush
    Harley
    Black Mask
    Mr Freeze
    Riddler and Two-Face tied.

Favorites are
    Joker
    Bane
    Ra's al Ghul
    Poison Ivy
    Hugo Strange

17. Omegabat

18. Fudgie

Fudgie Well-Known Member

How can ya hate Harley, Two Face and Freeze?

19. Omegabat

My hatred for Harley comes mostly from her popularity,I feel there are other more deserving characters than her and she's only recognized because of the Joker.She's also one dimensional and stupid,how can one be so hopelessly in love? it's so pathetic.Then there's the fact that she makes Joker look tame I dunno but from 1999-2007(the years where they were together) Joker was just a punk who was a part of terrible stories(Last Laugh) or playing second fiddle to the new guys(Hush,Red Hood) or the revamped old guys(Black Mask,Riddler).Then Morrison comes along separates them and the Joker is back in form. She just damages him IMO.

Freeze and Two-Face I dislike because they're one trick ponies,there's really nothing to do with Freeze in the comics and Two-Face...um why is he a gangster? I love Harvey's tragic angle/origin but his turn to villainy(or should I say his particular type of villainy) leaves me cold.

20. Cain

Cain I Heart Amazons

I have to agree with this. I've never liked Harley Quinn. I think she gets a lot of love from people who grew up on BTAS and only knew that before reading the comics. I was reading the comics before BTAS so she's never been nothing more than a nuisance to me and when they finally put her in the comics back in the late 90's I just face palmed. She's just a detriment to The Joker and always has been and it gets annoying to have to read through dozens of metaphors for abusive relationships everytime those 2 are together.

21. Omegabat

I think the character may have some potential but it's her own fanbase that holds her back.Most Harley fans are also diehard Harley/Joker shippers and anything that messes up that fantasy =automatically crap.Case in point the new Suicide Squad series,that book has a lot of flaws but the only thing that seems to bother the readers is Harley dating Deadshot SHEESH.

22. TruerToTheCore

TruerToTheCore Well-Known Member

I liked Harley Quinn well enough when BTAS was around but somehow she didn't fit the comics. Might be because comics Joker is, by now, very different from the old version.

23. Fudgie

Fudgie Well-Known Member

Some ways she makes him look even more sicko with some of the things he does to her and the way he treats her.

Freeze has a great story. Did you not see the dying wife origin?

Dent is like crazy. Split personality. Obsessed with two's. Ya have Poison Ivy on your favs list. If ya can buy into a crazy eco terrorist plant lady then ya can buy into split personality psychosis after horrible physical trauma.

24. Omegabat

It would be true if it were'nt so ridiculously played out.

Freeze's origin story(Nora version) is frankly the only reason he's still in existence,DC had him killed a while before Heart of Ice debuted and after that it's the same story with him.

Ivy is consistent,Dent is'nt.It's not a question of a believability,and IIRC Dent was never intended to be a recurring foe.There's a reason why Nolan killed him in TDK,imagine Harvey showing up in TDKR and robbing banks.Yeah destroys all character development.

Harvey Dent=Great character,Two-Face=Lousy character.

25. Fudgie

Fudgie Well-Known Member

How so ridiculous?

Yup Freeze beofre BTAS sucked. Now he's an awesome villain. If you're hating on pre BTAS Freeze then I get ya. But not post BTAS Freeze. He's awesome.

Ivy is best buds with Harley Quinn like some Thelma and Louise duo.

How?

Neither was Joker. He was supposed to be killed off originally.

Means nothing. Great villains get killed off all the time in CBM movies. Movies are a finite universe. It ain't the comics where they can come back again and again every few months.

That's cos Nolan's Two Face was driven by revenge.

You're half right. Very appropriate since we're talking about Two Face.