Dark of the Moon OFFICIAL Dark of the Moon REVIEW THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
i rembmer in TF2 the ending was very fast. the ending was very fast comapred to first movie. in TF2 they look eachother in the desert and then next shot is Prime saying thanks to Sam. then it just ends. it ended like a TV episode.

but the ending in TF3 was even faster. a if you think about it that Ironhide died and that a lot and i mean a LOT humans died in the city . of course by that time the movie was longer then TF and TF2 which was a big mistake. but they could at least have spend 2 extra minutes just to end the story franchise

Look everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I especially hate the fanboyism of these films, as if anyone who dares think they are crap are just "haters".

The first film, while not perfect was actually pretty good, and by far the best of the lot. The subsequent films, there's alot Bay gets right, the opening 10 minutes of Dark of the Moon, was awesome, and made you think you were going to be in for the most epic movie of the decade. You're then let down by pointless scene, after pointless scene. The parents are forced into the plot, you have John Malcovich who has no apparent reason to be in the film, other than Bay thinks John Malcovich is cool and wants him in his movie.

The forced new relation ship on a girl we don't care about, is worse than anything Fox may have done. If they wanted to fire her fine, why not just recast the roll with a different actress than waste time with a backstory we don't care about.

The movie is not as infantile and brainless as the second one, but it's not anywhere close to the quality of the first.

Finally, by the ending I suppose this is the last Transformer film? (I can only hope), But it brings up the point, what the bad place were these movies? Was this a trillogy? Was there some overarching story I was supposed to know about?

The movie was thrown together crap, just like Green Lantern was. The only difference is it seems that in Green Lantern it was a case that the film makers didn't really care, and lost interest with a director who was asleep at the wheel. With Transformers, I get the impression that Bay absolutely loves transformers, he's just a piss poor film maker.

Bay doesn't understand how time and space work. When the shuttle goes up, it's day time. When it blows up, it's dusk. They go inside and talk, it's day time again. They go out to Epps' car, dusk. Sam gets attacked in the office, day time. It's an emergency and he wants to get to the autobots quickly, now it's night. Megatron is in Africa, then Chicago. Soundwave is in Africa with Megatron, while also being Carly's car. Lazerbeak goes from the Ukrain, Africa, DC, and Chicago. The movie mostly takes place in DC, then everybody decides to up and go to Chicago. And while Sentinel Prime and Optimus were talking about the matrix, why were they on the plains?
he wanted to have the shuttle taking of in daytiem thats why it was daytime. but he also likes sunsets so he doesnt care that in the next shot its dusk. to him its only important to have a lens flare next to Shia's face.it was the same in the first movie. he liked when the helicopters were flying during daytime. but for landing he wanted to have a sunset behind the vehicle so in just one shot it was dusk. there is no logic and Bay knwos this. its funny to him when he talked about it. he just cares about specific shots.

If I'm Leonard Nimoy, I would have ripped Bay's testicles off for taking the greatest, most emotional line from Star Trek 2, having him rehash it in a totally non-sensicle way in this movie.

Which line are you referring to?

2.5/5

This definitely made up for the ****** second film. By film standards, it's still not a good movie, but it was damn fun. I was happy as bad place that they got rid of the raunchy and childish humour, that and the parents(primarily the Mom)weren't as annoying, same with Turturro. I also liked the new girl more than Megan Fox.

One thing that annoyed me was that a lot of the Autobot/Decepticon dialogue just wasn't that good. Most of what Optimus said fell flat, it was like they tried too hard with his speeches.

Although the action was good, I get the same feeling I had towards the Jurassic Park sequels. Kind of a been there done that kind of feeling. The first Jurassic Park and the first Transformer films brought that spectacle to the big screen for the first time, seeing Dinosaurs and robots that looked that realistic. The action in the second and third films for both series might have been bigger, but the originals still hold a place in my heart for being new and fresh. So although I did like the action in this third movie, it just wasn't as mind blowing.

Overall I had a fun time at the movies, and got what I expected from this film. Knowing that this is supposed to be Bay's last Transformers film, I didn't mind killing off a bunch of the characters. I was a bit sad that Iron Hide died early on though. Wish he would have made it to the final fight.

So after the government learned about Giant Robots from another planet existing when Witwicki found Megatron in late 1800s, they kept it a secret to the public while reverse enginered Megatron to start the technological revolution.

Then in 1969, a different secretive government HID ANOTHER secret FROM THE First Government who founded the Giant Robot and it's technology that there is another Giant Robot on the moon.

Hmmmm, Yeah I guess it makes sense. :dry:

Sector 7 was basically in charge of everything dealing with the transformers hence to why Frances McDormand didn't have the information about the moon until later because Sector 7 had it all.

Detaching themselves from the standard benchmarks of quality cinema is something internet critics can't do, even for a film like this.
All movies have their bashers and gushers, but the hate seems to be especially misplaced here; the is film actually a polished toy commercial.
Rather than deliver a film standing on its own merits, Bay presented the TF saga as a child would play with his toy collection:
Energetic, quite silly, and building to a rousing conclusion.

The fact is, these films right to exist is questioned, while they execute their purpose perfectly: entertaining > selling tickets > selling toys.
Open minded audiences should accept this concept and take the big action scenes and comedy for what their worth, then move on.

Because mores to come. Theres Rock'em Sock'em Robots this summer, Battleship the next. Films will become broader to appeal to a WW market.
Eventually, haters are going to look back realizing they missed a lot of entertaining fun because they couldn't just enjoy the pretty robots.

Stupid.

You know movies like Fast Five and The Expendables are a lot smarter and better than this. Bay's Transformers movies are ugly, stupid and definitely not for children. Even 20th Century Fox tries harder than Bay.

Daredevil was a bad movie but it took itself very seriously. I don't remember the scene where Matt Murdock pisses on a guy but I remember it in Transformers. I don't remember the scene in Die Hard which shows John McClane's wife getting drunk and humping a terrorists leg but there are similar scenes in Transformers.

Oh and a child playing with Transformers would only play with the Transformers. Not suddenly pick up his or her sibling's Barbie and Ken and play house for one hour, have Optimus punch Megs and then back to playing house. But that's what Bay does bad everyone hates him for it.

I want to punch you straight in the spark.

no fighting please. its just a movie.

You know movies like Fast Five and The Expendables are a lot smarter and better than this. Bay's Transformers movies are ugly, stupid and definitely not for children. Even 20th Century Fox tries harder than Bay.

Daredevil was a bad movie but it took itself very seriously. I don't remember the scene where Matt Murdock pisses on a guy but I remember it in Transformers. I don't remember the scene in Die Hard which shows John McClane's wife getting drunk and humping a terrorists leg but there are similar scenes in Transformers.

Oh and a child playing with Transformers would only play with the Transformers. Not suddenly pick up his or her sibling's Barbie and Ken and play house for one hour, have Optimus punch Megs and then back to playing house. But that's what Bay does bad everyone hates him for it.

I want to punch you straight in the spark.

Fast Five did not take itself seriously, did you hear anything The Rock said, and The Expendables was a garbage movie. I would agree Fast Five is better than this but it's not by much. Fast Five wasn't an amazing movie, it was good, but it wasn't amazing.

I still don't know why they didn't jusdt recast Megan Fox's role .. It would have made the marriage talk make a lot more sense etccc

I don't know why people still take these TF films so seriously, they are just mindless fun action flicks where you can be entertained for a few hours, you won't find any Oscar caliber acting, writing, or directing with these, but yet it's still expected after a pretty good first movie and an awful second.

Then again, I'm a bit biased since I saw myself in the film last night, LOL.

I don't know why people still take these TF films so seriously, they are just mindless fun action flicks where you can be entertained for a few hours, you won't find any Oscar caliber acting, writing, or directing with these, but yet it's still expected after a pretty good first movie and an awful second.

This again! Dude! The problem is not the fact that Bay is not making No Country For Old Autobots. The problem is that he's making American Pie FEATURING the Transformers as opposed to ... I don't know... THE ROCK with Optimus & Bumblebee as opposed to Connery & Cage

Give me a good action film. Give me an action film that makes sense, does not treat me like a guitar, have action sequences that I can actually follow, not abuse shaky cam, make the robots distinct not haphazardly designed and gun metal grey and most of all, get rid of the insane characters and insane situations.

Hours pass in these movies and nothing happens. Bay wastes time and patience with stupid toilet humor and one note characters. You know what. G1 was a bloody joke. It was concentrated 80's. But it was a lot more entertaining and interesting than Bayformers.

Dear lord watch the new My Little Pony! A children's tv show is smarter and more enjoyable that the stuff Bay puts out. My main problems are the humor, irritating human characters and lack of giant robots fighting. And when they do fight... I can't make head or tails of it.

Fast Five did not take itself seriously, did you hear anything The Rock said, and The Expendables was a garbage movie. I would agree Fast Five is better than this but it's not by much. Fast Five wasn't an amazing movie, it was good, but it wasn't amazing.

I never said Fast Five took itself seriously. I merely said it was more enjoyable. The reason is that it knows people want fast cars and crazy stunts and straight to finish that's what it exactly is. Micheal Bay seems more interested in a fireworks display with a Victoria's Secret model on the forefront and fills it with juvenile humor.

I like the first TF1 by the way.

The worst part is that the Transformers were actually given deep personalities, back-story and tons of lore thanks to the various TV shows and comics but all of that is thrown away because DURR! TOY/CAR/LINGERIE COMMERCIAL!!! LULZ! Go watch the latest Transformers Animated or Transformers: PRIME. They are much better than the movies. Why can't we have that in the movies?

Last edited:
Which robot were you!?

Funny, I was in the scene when Sam shows up at Carly's work and Dylan shows him around his little private car museum, the all white building.

he wanted to have the shuttle taking of in daytiem thats why it was daytime. but he also likes sunsets so he doesnt care that in the next shot its dusk. to him its only important to have a lens flare next to Shia's face.it was the same in the first movie. he liked when the helicopters were flying during daytime. but for landing he wanted to have a sunset behind the vehicle so in just one shot it was dusk. there is no logic and Bay knwos this. its funny to him when he talked about it. he just cares about specific shots.

I understand why he does it, it's just stupid. Plan 9 from Outer Space is considered the worst movie ever, and one of the manny reasons why is because scenes would switch from day to night and back to day again. It's just bad film making, whether it's on purpose or not. Michael Bay is the Ed Wood of our generation.

No one expects Oscar performances. Just some cohesion.

You saw yourself? Were you an extra or something? Shia LaBeouf perhaps?

Last edited:
This again! Dude! The problem is not the fact that Bay is not making No Country For Old Autobots. The problem is that he's making American Pie FEATURING the Transformers as opposed to ... I don't know... THE ROCK with Optimus & Bumblebee as opposed to Connery & Cage

Give me a good action film. Give me an action film that makes sense, does not treat me like a guitar, have action sequences that I can actually follow, not abuse shaky cam, make the robots distinct not haphazardly designed and gun metal grey and most of all, get rid of the insane characters and insane situations.

Hours pass in these movies and nothing happens. Bay wastes time and patience with stupid toilet humor and one note characters. You know what. G1 was a bloody joke. It was concentrated 80's. But it was a lot more entertaining and interesting than Bayformers.

Dear lord watch the new My Little Pony! A children's tv show is smarter and more enjoyable that the stuff Bay puts out. My main problems are the humor, irritating human characters and lack of giant robots fighting. And when they do fight... I can't make head or tails of it.

Whatever floats your boat, I'm just not going to get all fired up and upset about a movie that shouldn't be taken seriously in the first place. Yes, all your complaints are legitimate, and I totally understand where you're coming from, but in the end, I guess it's all about standards and expectations, obviously I got exactly what I expected, and somehow you thought Michael Bay was going to turn into Chris Nolan or Kenneth Branagh on his 3rd try.

I understand why he does it, it's just stupid. Plan 9 from Outer Space is concidered the worst movie ever, and one of the manny reasons why is because scenes would switch from day to night and back to day again. It's just bad film making, whether it's on purpose or not. Michael Bay is the Ed Wood of our generation.

No one expects Oscar performances. Just some cohesion.

You saw yourself? Were you an extra or something? Shia LaBeouf perhaps?

Yeah, I was a featured extra cleaning a car in the scene with Shia, Rosie, and Patrick.

I never said Fast Five took itself seriously. I merely said it was more enjoyable. The reason is that it knows people want fast cars and crazy stunts and straight to finish that's what it exactly is. Micheal Bay seems more interested in a fireworks display with a Victoria's Secret model on the forefront and fills it with juvenile humor.

I like the first TF1 by the way.

The worst part is that the Transformers were actually given deep personalities, back-story and tons of lore thanks to the various TV shows and comics but all of that is thrown away because DURR! TOY/CAR/LINGERIE COMMERCIAL!!! LULZ! Go watch the latest Transformers Animated or Transformers: PRIME. They are much better than the movies. Why can't we have that in the movies?

oh no...be very careful, because you are making objective points you could be labeled a "hater" who doesnt know what a popcorn flick is, and you further do not know how to "shut off" your brain (sarcasm)! :awesome:

Whatever floats your boat, I'm just not going to get all fired up and upset about a movie that shouldn't be taken seriously in the first place. Yes, all your complaints are legitimate, and I totally understand where you're coming from, but in the end, I guess it's all about standards and expectations, obviously I got exactly what I expected, and somehow you thought Michael Bay was going to turn into Chris Nolan or Kenneth Branagh on his 3rd try.

I want Micheal Bay to be a little more like JJ Abram's and less like Ed Wood or Uwe Boll. I envy people like you. Just shut off your mind and enjoy the ride. I have enjoyed his films before. The Rock & TF 1 mostly. What happened with TF 2 & TF 3 I haven't a clue.

It doesn't matter. 3 to 6 years from now, somebody else will be making Transformers movies and there will be another AnorexicBatman complaining about them.

Saying this movie wasn't enjoyable but Fast Five was isn't an objective point. That is a preference/opinion. That's fine. Fast Five wasn't The Rock with Vin Diesel and Paul Walker. Fast Five wasn't high brow cinema. These are both hot girls, testosterone action, and flimsy writing action movies. They are your basic big budget summer movies.

Saying this movie wasn't enjoyable but Fast Five was isn't an objective point. That is a preference/opinion. That's fine. Fast Five wasn't The Rock with Vin Diesel and Paul Walker. Fast Five wasn't high brow cinema. These are both hot girls, testosterone action, and flimsy writing action movies. They are your basic big budget summer movies.

In terms of quality both are bad. These movies will be long forgotten while stuff like Die Hard and Rambo are remembered like classics. I also liked Mission Impossible 2 because it was like... cool... tried to be very very stylish as opposed to RARGH! MANLY! Transformers could have gone that route.

I want Micheal Bay to be a little more like JJ Abram's and less like Ed Wood or Uwe Boll. I envy people like you. Just shut off your mind and enjoy the ride. I have enjoyed his films before. The Rock & TF 1 mostly. What happened with TF 2 & TF 3 I haven't a clue.

It doesn't matter. 3 to 6 years from now, somebody else will be making Transformers movies and there will be another AnorexicBatman complaining about them.

True, there's no way they're going to stop making these TF movies, they pull in way too much cash. Yes, you're paying in upwards of $20.00 to see a flick, and you want it to be up to your personal standards and expectations, which I understand.

I'm just more easy going I guess.....

Which line are you referring to?

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"

In ST2 it was a line of great emotion and sacrifice, here it's completely forced, only to say "hey guess what guys? I got Leonard Nimoy in my movie!"

Completely a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back