• Secure your account

    A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

  • Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Legend

Orko Is King

Avenger
Joined
Jun 29, 2000
Messages
16,157
Reaction score
0
Points
31
Why don't more people like this movie? It's one of my faves of the 80s yet most people have never seen it before.
 
The movie was too weird for me.
 
Legend, one of my all time favorites.:up:
 
Great movie, I have it on VHS. Crazy Tom Cruise is great in it. :D
 
Can't remember much about it. I remember Tom Cruise in a skimpy outfit, mystical forest creatures and a big red demon. I think I liked it. Nothing on Willow if I recall.
 
That movie was really boring only reason I watched most of it is because of Tim Curry.
 
one of my top 5 underrated movies ever:up:
 
I like it, I have the Special Edition with the Directors Cut and the Theatrcial version.

Though only real difference is the muscial score of the two version(the director's cut has a different score), not much was added in the Directors cut.
 
Orko Is King said:
Why don't more people like this movie? It's one of my faves of the 80s yet most people have never seen it before.
All my friends and many of my girlfriends liked it.
I did not because
1) Tom Cruise SUCKS. I can not watch him try to act.
2) The make up is revolting. I hate the art direction.
3) The Devil was pretty cool, but for some reason he was ruined for me when, at the end, it shows him in slow motion and his rubber horns start wiggling all over the place.
4) It's really pansy-ass Fairy World with floaties in the sky and syrupy lens filters.
I like grittier fantasy like Time Bandits, Dragon Slayer or LOTR.
 
Orko Is King said:
Why don't more people like this movie? It's one of my faves of the 80s yet most people have never seen it before.
It's one of my fav's. I recently purchased the special edition directors cut and the original. The directors cut has more scenes that weren't crucial to the film's plot and it had a proper but ultimately boring soundtrack. It was the film's orginal soundtrack but when it was released here in the states, they had some other group do it....something Dream?..I don't know, but I really liked it ya know?! it is so 80's and I've been searching for that music but with no success. All they have out there is the original boring score. Someone please help me find the good soundtrack! please!
 
gregtestagent said:
It's one of my fav's. I recently purchased the special edition directors cut and the original. The directors cut has more scenes that weren't crucial to the film's plot and it had a proper but ultimately boring soundtrack. It was the film's orginal soundtrack but when it was released here in the states, they had some other group do it....something Dream?..I don't know, but I really liked it ya know?! it is so 80's and I've been searching for that music but with no success. All they have out there is the original boring score. Someone please help me find the good soundtrack! please!


Tangerine Dream...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...f=pd_bbs_9/002-3062829-2239245?_encoding=UTF8
 
Immortalfire said:
Tim Curry is still weird.
Isn't that the primary reason as to why he has a career? Because he's so good at being weird?
 
I hated this movie, it was just so boring and....augh... It is honestly the worst movie I've ever seen. My friend and I watched it because some people were saying The Legend of Zelda was based off of it... Oh geez, I hated this movie so much. We were seriously planning on renting it again, but also getting Damage Guard on it, so we could destroy it.
 
I loved it. All the creepy mystical was right up my alley at the time that it came out.
 
great movie. the late jerry goldsmiths score is one of my favorites.
 
I liked it. Hate Cruise though, but it was interesting for a low budget 80's movie.
 
DareDemon said:
My friend and I watched it because some people were saying The Legend of Zelda was based off of it...

Based ON it, Zelda is based ON Legend.
 
i remember loving this movie as a kid....tried watching it again not long ago and it lost it's appeal.
 
We need more movies like Legand, and Labyrinth, and all those other fantasy movies from the 80s!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"