Length of Movie?

RedIsNotBlue said:
It needs to be at two hours because this is going to be the final version. No extended or director's cut on dvd. I am hoping for the first half about Blaze and then the last half with mostly Ghost Rider. Kind of how Batman Begins was handled.

yea,Batman Begins did it perfect!

RedIsNotBlue said:
It needs to be at two hours because this is going to be the final version. No extended or director's cut on dvd. I am hoping for the first half about Blaze and then the last half with mostly Ghost Rider. Kind of how Batman Begins was handled.

You bring up an interesting point there Red. This is the only version we'll get (so we've been told so far anyway) which means they have to tell enough story version of the story the first time around this time. That takes time, especially when you have a lot of characters to juggle like this movie has.

Figured this would be a good thread to bump, now that I'm lookin' through everything. We still don't know how long it'll be, after all...

2hrs 10 minutes. Is there a confirmation yet?

Figured this would be a good thread to bump, now that I'm lookin' through everything. We still don't know how long it'll be, after all...

Well I asked Mark a while back in one of the Q&A's about the length and then he said the cut they had was a little over 2 hours. And I think he said this before the reshoots. And considering this is Sony I think Mark will get to keep in what he wants so going by the info and my guesstimation I would put it at 2 hours 5-15 minutes at the longest.

I'm hoping for 2 hours, 20 minutes. That would be a great length. And yes, hopefully Johnny's story is explained pretty good in the first half, and then GR comes into the picture about 1/2 way through the film, or earlier I hope...just a little earlier. But I have faith in MSJ, so I know he'll pull through.

And look at it this way, we KNOW for sure pretty much that it's gonig to be at least 2 hours, from RINB's question to Mark...so thats good.

CAH

BIGGUN and I were chatting just the other day, about backstory and the how much of it there is for a lot of characters. There's a lot that has to be told in this little ol' story. It's gonna take time and I'm sure MSJ will take what he needs... and hopefully get what he wants...

Either way, yeah, 2h15... at least

Looking at all that is going on, the film is easily 2:10, but anything above that might be pushing it. I think 2:15 with credits will be appropriate timing for the movie.

If this goes well and there plans to be a sequel, then they can go longer.

Wow, I didn't think it'd be that long. I was hoping for a tight 2 hours. Ever since Lord of the Rings, there have been far too many movies stretched out longer than they should actually be. Just one of my pet peevs!

:hyper:

Wow, I didn't think it'd be that long. I was hoping for a tight 2 hours. Ever since Lord of the Rings, there have been far too many movies stretched out longer than they should actually be. Just one of my pet peevs!

An origin movie has to be long to explain everything throughly and to connect the audience to the character. Imagine Batman Begins without the training scenes. Get the picture? Then take a movie like Fantastic Four. It's development was almost not there due to its short length.

I completely agree with that. There are a lot of movies nowadays that are far too long... including the LOTR series (especially the last one). Having said that, a movie needs to have the necessary time to explain what's needed. There's a fine line between too long and too short so, it's a difficult thing to do.

I'm sure we won't be dissapointed.

I disagree to a point Flame. Batman Begins was 2 hours and 20 minutes long and not only is it arguably my favorite film but I would have loved it if it would have been longer. A movie can be as long or as short as it wants as long as it is good. The LOTR movies I think are really overrated like Star Wars so I never got into them myself had they been good to me personally I think it wouldn't have mattered.

MSJ has always talked about the mythology of the demons on earth(War in Heaven, Angels falling to hell and some falling to earth) So does anyone think that we will see anything from that WAR to tell the backstory of blackhearts "buddies"?

I disagree to a point Flame. Batman Begins was 2 hours and 20 minutes long and not only is it arguably my favorite film but I would have loved it if it would have been longer. A movie can be as long or as short as it wants as long as it is good. The LOTR movies I think are really overrated like Star Wars so I never got into them myself had they been good to me personally I think it wouldn't have mattered.

I guess it always comes down to a matter of opinion. A movie is only as long as it feels. If it feels long, chances are it wasn't very good. Ditto for it being short. Satisfaction is personal, however, so whether if feels short of long is completly up to oneself.

Either way, GR won't be long enough. I've waiting too freakin' long for this and I know it'll be over in a blink of an eye.

I guess it always comes down to a matter of opinion. A movie is only as long as it feels. If it feels long, chances are it wasn't very good. Ditto for it being short. Satisfaction is personal, however, so whether if feels short of long is completly up to oneself.

Either way, GR won't be long enough. I've waiting too freakin' long for this and I know it'll be over in a blink of an eye.

Yeah thats the one bad thing about an amazing movie it always seems to end when you don't want it. :(

Very true. The credits will be sad to see....

... oh, which reminds me. Think they'll have a little scene tagged at the end? That would be awesome. I mean, I'll be watchin' all the credits regardless but, a scene tag would be fun times.

You never know. ****ing X3 had one and it was supposedly the end of the series so you never know.

True. One never knows with this kinda thing. Of course, X3 announced the extra clip didn't they?

I really enjoyed the Constantine one, mainly because I didn't know it was going to come and just happened to watch all the credits that day. Random movies, I'll watch the credits... just because.

I personally want a 10 hour anthology....but for the first movie...1hr 45 min - 2 Hours. Anything longer will make normal movie-goers think - this movie is too long!

So, I think we're all wondering now...since you have COMPLETELY finished Ghost Rider, can you tell us approximately how long it is? We know it's about 2 hours, because a while ago you said you had a cut that was a little over 2 hours, but I'm guessing that it runs about 2h, 15 min. That'd be a perfect time!

Can you confirm the actual time?

CAH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"