Let The Claws Do The Talking - Rate & Review "The Wolverine"

Discussion in 'The Wolverine' started by danoyse, Jul 19, 2013.

?

Rate The Movie!

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

11. 10

12. 9

13. 8

14. 7

15. 6

16. 5

17. 4

18. 3

19. 2

20. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackFox

BlackFox Red devil

Just shows she has no clue or connection to what fans want.

2. righthooksrus86

righthooksrus86 Well-Known Member

Oh well who cares what she has to say...fact is a good number of people disagree with her...just look at Rotten Tomatoes Wolverine is up to 68% :)

3. BlackFox

BlackFox Red devil

Exactly, pretty redundant reviews now we have all seen the film.

Good to see the user rate is at 75%, up there with Thor, Cap, Ironman, MoS and Spiderman, in good company and finally a Wolvie film thats not an embarrassment.

Be nice if the critical one finished above 70% but that doesnt seem likely and to be honest its academic now.

4. Snikt

Snikt Well-Known Member

It won't finish in the 70s as you said, but it' clear now the movie has been positively received by both fans and critics...that's what matters to me. And I've seen the movie four times now. Gets better each time.

It's surprised me how much I actually like all the non-action scenes. I love everything from the start of the film through Wolvie and Mariko arriving at her countryside house.

I still feel it's a bit of a long stretch between them arriving and Markio getting taken hostage. But even then I love his flashback to the well in Nagasaki and Yashida wanting to give him the sword.

5. BlackFox

BlackFox Red devil

Yes, I had the same feeling which is good, sign of a decent film if it can stand up to repeat viewings in my book.

Yeah that scene and the one he has a nightmare about the SS are great ones in the middle section of the film.

6. Blake II

Blake II Well-Known Member

Most of her review was spot on. Not enough mutants and not enough action for a superhero film. There were also no "wow" moments, except maybe the claws but even that was kind of "...okay..." worthy.

7. BlackFox

BlackFox Red devil

Shame she lost any credibility with her "audience not wanting to see an actor act in a superhero film".

And I think the next xmen film may be better suited to you if your looking for lots of mutants in a film:up:

8. danoyse

danoyse Snikt. Stab. Repeat.

I haven't seen this review, because I have no idea who this person is, so I don't particularly care what she thinks. After hearing some of her comments shared here, I care even less what she thinks, because she sounds like a moron.

Complaining about the acting is one thing. Complaining that there was acting in a film makes you stupid. I don't care what kind of movie it is, the performances should be able to tell the audience the story.

If you're complaining that there weren't a boatload of mutants in the movie, then I suggest you check the title again. Sounds like you missed it.

And if you're upset that the movie didn't have enough 'splosions... :doh:

This is certainly not a movie that's above criticism, as other reviews and discussions here have pointed out. And people are certainly entitled to their opinions about it.

But this review sounds dumb.

9. X-Maniac

X-Maniac High Evolutionary

Just saw it for the second time. Even better! :up:

Almost all my niggles from the first viewing seemed to fade away.

But i did think the Shingen vs Yukio/Wolverine fights were very fast... faster than I recalled from the first viewing. It might have been nice to see some slower moments to take in the clash of weapons and nifty moves...

10. Loki882

Loki882 Well-Known Member

This movie wasn't really a superhero movie in the traditional sense. It was a character piece about Wolverine and his struggles and journey towards redemption. The first Iron Man movie didn't have all that much action (the cave scene, plane scene, and final fight were pretty much it as far as big action goes), but it was fantastic because it really explored the character of Tony Stark and his journey (the acting was superb as well, which helped). TW is the same way.

11. BlackFox

BlackFox Red devil

Yeah it certainly got better on a second viewing, many moments to pick up that were missed on the first.

12. X-Maniac

X-Maniac High Evolutionary

The other great thing about the movie is that now I know how to pronounce Mariko and Yashida correctly. I've been saying it wrong for years by putting the emphasis on the second syllable instead of the first!

13. henzINNIT

henzINNIT Well-Known Member

I agree. I've seen it 3 times now and find myself loving the intimacy in the film. I'm enjoying the middle section more and more. I'm naturally inclined to "edit" while I'm watching, but I've found all those scenes between Mariko and Logan are great and necessary.

14. BlackFox

BlackFox Red devil

Agreed, there not just thrown in to pad out the story or fill time between action scenes, they actually build the relationship between them, as opposed to Origins rushed method with Silverfox of Meet-:hrt:-Dead.

15. henzINNIT

henzINNIT Well-Known Member

The relationship between Logan and Mariko builds beautifully. They really get to know eachother (while we do too), and actually talk about actual things. A lot of romance plots in this kind of film get into that melodramatic "lets talk about our feelings" place, but we are thankfully spared all of this. They learn about eachothers' lives and culture and form a bond that I found interesting and genuine.

Doesn't hurt that Tao is just so damn pretty that I fell in love with her too of course.

16. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Cloud kicks ass

Finally saw this tonight, I really enjoyed it, but not as as I had hoped. I did love the focus on character, especially that of Wolverine himself, this is what made the movie so enjoyable.

But I didnt like the 3rd very much at all, the final action was dissapointing in itself, but the way the plot moved forward at this point also was. I guessed that [BLACKOUT] Yashida was going to come back and he wasnt really dead[/BLACKOUT], but I didnt like how he basically became a mad man at the end, he even had the evil cackle, it just didnt fit with the rest of the movie for me.

I heard a lot of complaints about Viper and didnt find her that bad, but Shingen, Yukio, Mariko and of course Logan steal the show in this, they are all played brilliantly, and Shingen vs Wolverine was easily the best action scene in the movie so much emotion came out during that.

I did like the action scene's in general, with the exception of the 3rd act, and the final credits teaser, that was a big wow moment. Overall though it was good, much better than Origins and X3, but at the moment the 4th best movie in the series for me. I will be seeing the movie again though as as soon as the movie finished I felt it would improve on further viewings, but for now, 8/10.

17. Loki882

Loki882 Well-Known Member

The best action scene imo was the Bullet train. The scene with the Minster of Justice was hysterical.

18. BlackFox

BlackFox Red devil

I still have to go with Shingen fight for the best one. But the bullet was best improved since the trailers.

19. Snikt

Snikt Well-Known Member

Shingen fight all the way. I enjoyed the bullet train sequence. But I'm a sucker for sword fights (Blade) and it was cool seeing Wolvie with claws go against a samurai :)

20. BlackFox

BlackFox Red devil

Talking of which:
    [​IMG]

21. Nell2ThaIzzay

Nell2ThaIzzay Well-Known Member

Hugh looks like Squidward there. :hehe:

22. BlackFox

BlackFox Red devil

Haha, had to look it up but :lmao:

23. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Web Ninja

Grumpy cat face again.

24. danoyse

danoyse Snikt. Stab. Repeat.

He just needs a clarinet now. :funny:

25. slumcat

slumcat Well-Known Member

I gotta say, they have released TWENTY posters, ATLEAST TWENTY from this particular scene in the movie. Every other day The Wolverine twitter post a new poster from that scene, and I think the scene takes up like barely a minute.

Its seems like the marketing thinks that this is THE scene in the film.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.