Let's talk "bunnying"

Senshi

Civilian
Reaction score
Ok, so I participated in an RPG that that began sometime in 2003 and ended around 2008. It wasn't set in any comic universe and sprouted completely from the creators mind.

Anyway, I'm starting this thread because in that entire time I had never heard anything about "bunnying", "god mode" or anything that was remotely like that. Our writing project was a little different than most, we focused more on creative writing rather than role playing, and we collectively allowed our characters to be used by others in their posts. Of course our characters were still our own and we ultimately controlled our own fates but we saw no harm in letting someone use our character in an action sequence or if they wanted to have a conversation with our character. Of course this came with the huge stipulation that each writer was to preserve the integrity and character of the er... character.

My question is, are there any RPGs that are like this? I've been lurking on the board hoping to maybe try and join an RPG but it seems like "bunnying" results in instant flaying. I've read a lot of the threads, mostly Twylight's "Did You Bring Your Towel" but I've also read Harlekin's Manifesto and he/she doesn't seem to be as put off by the concept. I just want to know if there is anyone else who has written this kind or RPG and if there is anyone interested in more of a collaborative writing project than the typical RPG. I understand that RPG are all different and it's ultimately up to the GM but I figured there would be no harm in asking.

Bunnying, I've found, isn't taken seriously as long as you don't take it overboard. For example, you can bunny a line or two of dialog for someone else's character, granted that dialog fits the character, without there being much of a problem. As long as you at least mention it, I doubt people would make a big deal of it.
It's not so strict here that you'd have to wait for someone to post "Yes" in response to your character's question in an IC post.

And regarding action scenes, I suppose you could have someone's character do something that needed to be done, but be careful not to just do their part of the fight for them. You want to make sure they get to get in on the fun, too.

As long as I've been here, which, admittedly, hasn't been very long, I have seen multiple cases of 'bunnying'. But even so, I've never once seen a big deal made of it, as long as the 'bunny-er' said something along the lines of "Sorry for the bunnying.".

Bunnying, I've found, isn't taken seriously as long as you don't take it overboard. For example, you can bunny a line or two of dialog for someone else's character, granted that dialog fits the character, without there being much of a problem. As long as you at least mention it, I doubt people would make a big deal of it.
It's not so strict here that you'd have to wait for someone to post "Yes" in response to your character's question in an IC post.

And regarding action scenes, I suppose you could have someone's character do something that needed to be done, but be careful not to just do their part of the fight for them. You want to make sure they get to get in on the fun, too.

As long as I've been here, which, admittedly, hasn't been very long, I have seen multiple cases of 'bunnying'. But even so, I've never once seen a big deal made of it, as long as the 'bunny-er' said something along the lines of "Sorry for the bunnying.".

Thanks for the reply Sensei. I know some people take it really seriously. I am on another RPG at different site that I just started. Granted it was my fault for not fully understanding the rules the GM laid, but I never expected to get slightly chastised for writing a scene that needed to be written. It was an action scene where with 4 characters involved and I did write the three other characters that were also involved, but I left it open at the end of the post so that the creators could add their part to it as well. But it didn't go over to well.

I kind of don't feel like I shouldn't have to apologize for doing it... but if that's the law of the land I can't do much about it except try and find other writers who are interested in what I am.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"