Let's Watch Spider-Man 3 Again and Find Positive Things To Say About It

Well, Venom looked great and the Sandman special fx were pretty good, other than that, I seriously don't find anything good about the movie

The American flag being shown was only epic in the first movie after 9/11, imo.

Plus, not all the major characters were there. Imo, Gwen Stacy should've been there in some way as well.

*looks around to see no one agreeing*

I'll give you this though. James Franco's Harry Osborn was one of the shining moments throughout the trilogy.

Well, you are right for what regards the flag after 9/11...i was talking about the third movie because the thread says to find positive things on that movie :)
in my opinion, raimi failed in organizing gwen stacy's role...so i don't think she was someone that should have been there...
to me, peter and harry fighting together it's special.

Spider-Man and New Goblin fighting side by side was indeed awesome.

im06.jpg

:facepalm:

I always think of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters when I see giant Sandman, with his idiotic grunts and groans and roars.

It's not like the Sandman has never done that in the comic books. After seeing the worst bits of film the trilogy has to offer, the big fight at least ends it on a high note. The bad characterization of Sandman and Venom, Mary Jane being kidnapped again, and the JJJ comedic relief aside, its just a cool fight scene.

Damn.

I mean, of all the things to groan about in SM3, in the "Post things you Like" thread no less, you gotta rag on the action? The one thing the film gets right?

So you can look past bad characterization if a fight looks cool? Lol.

I can look past a lot of things when we are discussing positive things about a film in a thread created just for that purpose.

I can look past a lot of things when we are discussing positive things about a film in a thread created just for that purpose.

So you can look past bad characterization if a fight looks cool? Lol.

Well, the thread is about finding positive things about the movie. If you watched the fights out of context, then they are all really cool IMO (except the final battle).

Well, the thread is about finding positive things about the movie. If you watched the fights out of context, then they are all really cool IMO (except the final battle).

Lol.

Love how we're arguing about the final battle as you say that in parenthesis to really prove my point that nothing really saves the final battle :funny:

It's not like the Sandman has never done that in the comic books.
He did it in the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon too, but it was well executed there. I think the problem with SM3, or at least that's the feeling I had, is that he was Sandmonster more than he was Sandman. Right in the first battle, which happened so quick, he became that giant pile of sand, groaned, attacked the cops and flew away.

In the cartoon, that came after some defeats. There, Sandman becoming a giant creature felt like a last resort. He needed something big to save everyone from the burning oil tank. It wasn't arbitraty like in the movie.

Well really, in the movie it came after some defeats also. He got his grainy behind handed to him twice at normal size.

I liked Sandman's reveal in this fight. After getting a run for his money by Brock, Spider-Man tries to get his bearings while the whole ground moves beneath him. His Spider-Sense must've been giving him a migraine. I thought that bit in particular was pretty neat.

But to each their own.

I really love the final fight.It kinda reminds me of the old Marvel Team-up comics where Spidey would team up with some other hero to stop some city smashing menace.Old school goodness.:woot:

Lol.

Love how we're arguing about the final battle as you say that in parenthesis to really prove my point that nothing really saves the final battle :funny:

First of all, I didn't realize you were talking specifically about the final battle, just the fights in general.

I think Eddie's dialogue could've been better, but I very much loved Eddie looking up as the symbiote just fell on him, transforming him into Venom as he lunges at the camera. Was really a spectacular scene.

I loved both birth scenes. Sandman was very emotional, Venom was just dark but also fun!

Something that I thought would have made the Venom transformation better was if the symbiote came down, you saw it wrapping around him, then he falls into a shaded area where you can't see him. All you hear is Eddie scream while he's transforming. Then all you hear is a mean growl. Then he lunges toward the camera. Similar concept, but more freaky if you can't see what's going on.

Every time I see your avatar, NewYorkSpider, I get the chills. The governor is such an incredible character in The Walking Dead.

Anyways, back on topic. I also loved when Peter says, "hate those things!" as Harry throws a bunch of razor bats at him.

Every time I see your avatar, NewYorkSpider, I get the chills. The governor is such an incredible character in The Walking Dead.

:up:

Anyways, back on topic. I also loved when Peter says, "hate those things!" as Harry throws a bunch of razor bats at him.

What I loved about that fight, is the fact that Peter wasn't in costume. I've always looked at it as Peter vs Harry and not Peter vs New Goblin.

I agree. But for the second fight, it should have been Symbiote Spider-Man vs. New Goblin. No emo Peter vs. Harry.

I always think of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters when I see giant Sandman, with his idiotic grunts and groans and roars.
I didn't expect to see that Marshmallow monster to be in the Ghostbusters game, it was a blast to fight

If sandman transformed back into his normal shape/figure, it wouldn't have bothered me so much. He literally just stands there to look intimidating, but he does nothing. After Venom dies, he comes back as his "normal" self just to finally tell Peter about his Uncle.

If you judge it as a Goblin costume, Harry's costume failed spectacularly. On its own, it looks pretty cool.

I think they gave Harry the costume they did because they wanted to stray away from the costume in SM1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"