Supergirl Jon Cryer is Lex Luthor

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
Obviously, this show is Supergirl, not Superman, but if Lena continues to have a role on the show, he is a big part of her life. Much like Superman before him, I'd have to think they could only talk him up for a certain length of time before they actually have to show him, even if it is just once.

So... ideas?

My main criteria right now are the casting should at least be in the network's wheelhouse and hopefully the guy would actually be older than Mechad Brooks.

So, naturally, I'm going to go back on one of those, and suggest David Anders, who is a few months younger.

tumblr_o43x0vxkSL1unkpgmo1_1280.jpg

And I'm also going to overlook that he did an episode of Arrow, on account of that being years ago, the fact that the character hasn't been seen since, the shows being set on two different earths and that episode being fairly forgettable.

Interesting choice. I also remember him being on "Heroes" way back when.

One problem, though: He's already a regular on "iZombie."

If they didn't show Lex's Mom being in her late 50's. I would have went with Clancy Brown...

4022476-aap-prem-45.png

Well, unless he breaks out of prison, or she goes and visits him in prison...I'm not sure we will be seeing this character on Supergirl.

Well, again he is going to have to break out of prison, or she goes and visits, because according to the show he is in prison for life.

......... okay.

You make it sound like those scenarios are out of the question. Stranger things have happened on this show that Lex staging a jailbreak.

no...no...no....he could very well do that, and that is what I'm saying. In order for him to come around, he would have to break out of prison, or it is scenes with him in prison. Totally not out of the question...

Jesse Eisenberg...... :o

If they didn't show Lex's Mom being in her late 50's. I would have went with Clancy Brown...

4022476-aap-prem-45.png

While obviously not the same universe, he did appear in the shared multiverse as General Eiling on the Flash. I'd I wouldn't mind seeing him as Earth-38's version of Eiling, though.

Torrance Coombs

no...no...no....he could very well do that, and that is what I'm saying. In order for him to come around, he would have to break out of prison, or it is scenes with him in prison. Totally not out of the question...
IIRC, there was a storyline in one of the comics, where Lena was back in regular contact with Lex in prison - basically mending fences and all that - and the whole time he was really using her in his latest plot against the Supers (and slowly turning her against them too). She wised up and sided with the good guys eventually, but I wouldn't mind seeing something like that later on down the line, as long as it's handled well and they don't make Lena look like a fool.

Hmmmmm......well, the fact that he had put out a hit out on her in the 1st episode might throw some water on that, but I'm game...lol

Tom Cavanagh. *eg*

You might need to finesse the age a bit, but he'd otherwise nail it.

Tom Cavanagh. *eg*

You might need to finesse the age a bit, but he'd otherwise nail it.

Though wouldn't Kara think it odd that Lex Luthor looks exactly like H.R. Wells? Basically Lex Luthor is Harrison Wells's Earth-38 doppelganger? Why wouldn't Kara have freaked out at seeing who
she thought was Lex Luthor when she saw H.R. Wells in the hanger? Seems like it would be a major continuity lapse to have him as the Earth-38 Lex Luthor..

Michael Rosenbaum dammit! :p The best live-action Lex there's ever been so far!

For TV Lex, I'd like to see Sam Witwer.

No Lex.
We don't need him.
The only real way to do Lex is a Superman TV show and I don't see that happening yet.

Well, no, we don't need him, but it's not like seeing him pop up for a guest appearance or two would be a negative.

Michael Rosenbaum dammit! :p The best live-action Lex there's ever been so far!

OMG that would be so great. But the CW shows have never had an actor reprise their Smallville role on any of the shows so as to distance themselves from Smallville. Plus I doubt Michael wants to shave his head for a couple of guest episodes. (Cesar Romero's mustache) And a bald cap would just look too phony. CGI too expensive and would look even worse. And who wants Lex to have hair?

Though wouldn't Kara think it odd that Lex Luthor looks exactly like H.R. Wells? Basically Lex Luthor is Harrison Wells's Earth-38 doppelganger? Why wouldn't Kara have freaked out at seeing who
she thought was Lex Luthor when she saw H.R. Wells in the hanger? Seems like it would be a major continuity lapse to have him as the Earth-38 Lex Luthor..

Could always justify it as "Wow, I never noticed the resemblance without the baldness". Well, that and its almost certain Kara has never seen Lex in person.

Could always justify it as "Wow, I never noticed the resemblance without the baldness". Well, that and its almost certain Kara has never seen Lex in person.

Kara has most certainly seen pictures of Lex and probably even seen him on TV. He's her cousin's biggest enemy and she referred to Lex when talking to Clark and Lena. So Kara has an interest in Lex and a good idea what Lex looks like.

Aaron Paul?

The only CW shows I watch are the ones in the same multiverse so I don't know what actors they have that they haven't already used.

how about Neil Patrick Harris...?
nph-bald_0.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"