The Dark Knight Rises Lifting the Bat-Bells II: Bale's physique

batman_1989_

Civilian
Reaction score
What about Batman's physique for the third movie?Do you want him big and bulky like in BB or leaner like in TDK?I think his physique should be more like that of Hugh Jackman's in X-Men Origins:Wolverine(which is basically his BB physique with much more definition) and Bale should wear elevator shoes as well.

To my disappointment, I don't think he'll ever get back to his BB-shape. We must remember that Nolan specifically asked Bale to slim down. Which is why Bruce was only "big" during the Himalayas sequences. Rest of the film was not much more different than his turn in TDK.

With the heavier, but slimmer suit, I think they'll stay with the trim physique. He could absolutely use more definition ala Jackman, though.

But if they change the suit he may bulk up a bit or they could use padding or other trickery

loll i remember the first thread with this title.

i agree with him being in similar shape to hugh jackman. he seemed too slim in TDK for my liking. just didn't look like batman

They suit should make him look bigger than he is.
The Begins suit did just that. Make it look bulky, like real combat gear used for urban warfare.
I'd be happy with that.

They suit should make him look bigger than he is.
The Begins suit did just that. Make it look bulky, like real combat gear used for urban warfare.
I'd be happy with that.

Agreed

I think Bale should get in the best Batman shape that he can get in.

If this may be his last Batman film....go out in tip top kick ass Batman shape!

When he took his shirt of in TDK he looked preety out of shape, he should just got some definition, so he won't look sagy :oldrazz: Though I'm not sure about the elevator shoes, maybe in the Bat suit, but not as Bruce Wayne, he's 6 feet tall, Bruce Wayne is 6" 2' (Batman - the Ultimate guide to the Dark Knight by Scott Beatty). There isn't much of a diffrence.

His physique didn't bother me in TDK, but if he wants to tone up he's more than welcome to. I don't think he should be as big as he was in Begins, partly because of the slimmer suit, but being more "cut" would help.

He looks like a guy built for strength rather than swimsuit modeling in BB/TDK, and I'm fine if it stays like that.

Maybe it is Alfred who makes him look short IMO.
It would help if Alfred was slim like in the comics. In any case, Bale was fine in TDK. He was pretty fat in BB, his cheeks were getting squeezed out of his cowl for crying out loud!

He needs to bulk up a bit. I thought Bruce Wayne was looking mighty gaunt in TDK. Bale can suffer from thin neck syndrome if he gets too skinny.....:)

His appearance for The Dark Knight looked like he just stepped off the set of Rescue Dawn. I'd like for him to at least go to his The Prestige physique, I know we'll never see buff Bale again.

WTF? ...

Bale's like 6 foot, 6'1 ... he doesn't need it. This isn't George Clooney / Michael Keaton we're talking about.

actually clooney is 5'11. Not exactly short. Just an inch sorter than Bale...

Enjoyed part one of this thread way back in the day.

Love to have Bale get back to BB size, especially with Thor, Captain America, Green lantern, Superman eventually, Wolverine and a slew of other Comic characters sporting better physiques on screen nowadays(I'm assuming of course)/ Batman should look like a beast with his shirt off. A man who looks like he could hurt someone...

in TDK it was obvious that Nolan didn't want Bale as big as he was in BB.(he had health problems stemming from the bulk up)

So i think its safe to say he'll be the same size in B3

Would love to have him look like he does here at :35 seconds in, that would be awesome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7dapUWHykw

Bale still looked jacked enough with his shirt off in TDK (no skittles)

And it isn't purely about size with Batman, we know he can kick everyone's ass based off skill

Bale doesn't need to get huge again, he looked better in the suit with the streamlined athletic look in TDK.

I think it really all depends on what modifications they make (if any) to the suit in BB3. If the suit is bulky he can/will stay slim. However, if the suit is more like the comics in that it shows off his actual shape (to whatever degree) he will likely bulk up the appropriate amount.

If it was up to me he should have the same physique as Hugh Jackman in Wolverine, a ****load of scars on his body and look like the ultimate baddy. I hope this film is going to be set a few years later, so he's more like a veteran Superhero.

Well, I personally liked best the BB Bale in every aspect, physique included. I don't think he was fat, to me he just looked big and I really liked that. In TDK he was leaner and often looked sort of tired, which was pretty much logical and all, but didn't look so good to me.

People, honestly.....Bale was in equal shape on TDK as he was on BB after he slimmed down under Nolan´s command, i.e: the bedroom/push-ups scene, the only difference is that he had lower body fat in TDK; I wish I had or could find a screencap from one of the early publicity clips, the scene where he says "Batman has no limits", but instead of seing Alfred´s face you see Bruce taking his shirts off and you can see how ripped he is...

Polux

Well Bale looks like a shrimp right now, so he's got his work cut out for him. He looked capable in both movies. But in BB he looked like he should. Just give us a good movie.

Skill can only take you so far, physical perfection can take you a long way, especially when you have skill.

World class fighters know that skill will only take you to a certain point, that is why they bulk up strength and conditioning.

If bale was in peak physical condition, it would look a lot better. His neck was smaller, his body as well, if he was larger, batman would look more menacing.

People need to remember the previous movie Bale did before TDK was rescue dawn.. Where he was a war prisoner. Now he's doing a boxing movie isn't he? So yeah i can definatly see him being alot bulkier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"