The Dark Knight Lifting the Bat-Bells: Bale's Physique

ShadowBoxing

Avenger
Reaction score
Looking at any recent pictures of Bale (or the banned photos - if you've seen them), how do you rate his physique this time around.

Upgrade, downgrade. Or are you happy with it just the same.

Downgrade.

I can live with it, since it won't really matter when he's under that suit. But out of it, I don't know. I can definitely notice the size change.

He looks healthy...and his suit is not teh puffy. Upgrade.:up:

I think he looks slimmer than in BB. He should have beefed up just a little more.

Looking at any recent pictures of Bale (or the banned photos - if you've seen them), how do you rate his physique this time around.

Upgrade, downgrade. Or are you happy with it just the same.

I'm not really bothered, you need a be a little concerned abour your physique but as it's Bale. It's alright.

I'd say it's just the same really.

:down

not nearly as diesel as he should be.

He's definitely lost some mass, but gained some definition it seems. However he was a carrying a little "bodyfat" in begins...especially during the famed "Ninja training" (it seemed he was activity losing bodyfat during the movie's filming.

he looks skinny and gaunt in the face. cant believe he didnt get into shape for this. the 300 guys set a new standard for comic book characters adapted to the bigscreen. i was hoping bale would actually be bigger for the sequel not thinner.

Give the dude a break, he just did a movie called Rescue Dawn which required him to lose close to around 60 lbs.. so imagine how hard it is to keep jumping back n forth between starving yourself and adding mass.

It's also possible that Nolan wanted him to appear this way for whatever reason.

he looks skinny and gaunt in the face. cant believe he didnt get into shape for this. the 300 guys set a new standard for comic book characters adapted to the bigscreen. i was hoping bale would actually be bigger for the sequel not thinner.
To be fair to Bale, most of the 300 guys were stuntmen and bodybuilders (especially the extras). Gerard Butler was pretty big before the movie began casting (though a little "fat"), and most of the rest of the cast involved actually wasn't that big at all.

Give the dude a break, he just did a movie called Rescue Dawn which required him to lose close to around 60 lbs.. so imagine how hard it is to keep jumping back n forth between starving yourself and adding mass.
Yeah I definitely agree. Bale's craft as an actor, especially since he had to play in both Rescue Dawn as appear as Bob Dylan in the Bob Dylan movie, should come before the physical part of playing Batman.

He looks good. He's a lean fighter.

(shadowboxing, excellent thread title :up:)

I noticed he looked slimmer in the face like in American Psycho. As for his actual physique...the pic with him wearing a black t-shirt with Alfred standing over him, his muscle looks pretty good there. But to be honest I can't tell until he takes his shirt off... so he better get on that.

he's less beefy. he looks more like a runner than a body builder.

P1010001.jpg

P1010009.jpg

classically fit

For the win.

It's also possible that Nolan wanted him to appear this way for whatever reason.

I don't remember the exact weight, but I'm pretty sure Bale lost more for The Machinist. Not that it makes it any easier, to jump back and forth, I'm just saying.

Well he is bigger than Keaton that's for sure. He looks like a martial artist to me. Which is a plus? He is just a tad smaller than BB, not much. Its true though, in the training sequences of BB at first he looks fat. When the push up scenes come he looks different. Anybody can notice this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"