Link a DC character/ book with a director...

66 Face

Civilian
Reaction score
Superman - Zach Snyder should work out well. I'm hoping that he has the right mix of action, sci fi and realism to give Superman the depth he so richly deserves. Personally I would have loved Peter Jackson for Superman.

Batman reboot - Is there anyone not thinking David Fincher? He was always being talked about before Nolan and might be the only person that can one up him. He could perfectly blend the grit, drama and psychosis of Batman and the Gothem underworld.

Wonder Woman - Its kind of funny that Zach Snyder has always been my pick for a Wonder Woman movie. He knows how to handle a strong sexy woman without making her overly butch. It soulds stupid but IMO its really hard to do.

Green Lantern - I'm going with Ron Howard on this. I think he could get the space cop aspect right while making also making something big, dramatic and fun without getting sappy.

The Flash - Easily Rupert Wyatt for me. The Flash could go very wrong like GL did but I think Wyatt gets involved with the source material and knows how to do sci fi. He's also a jack of all trades so I think he would bring a well rounded movie too.

The Spectre - G del Toro... Forget POTC and think more along the lines of The Ring. He knows spooky without going over the top horror. IMO The Spectre is a very interesting character for DC it could become something like Blade did for Marvel. It would be cooler if he focused more on spooky and less on big budget.

Doctor Fate - Another one of DC's darker and more under rated characters. I'm going outside the box and with Paco Plaza. I think he would get the mystics right without getting glittery.

JLA - Going with Gore Verbinski. He han handle big budget, multiple characters and understand how to keep this cash cow going.

Wonder Woman: It still amazes me that WB didn't go with Joss Whedon.

Wonder Woman - Its kind of funny that Zach Snyder has always been my pick for a Wonder Woman movie. He knows how to handle a strong sexy woman without making her overly butch. It soulds stupid but IMO its really hard to do.

Don't get me wrong... I am a very big Snyder fan. But he shouldn't get anywhere near WW!

Wonder Woman: It still amazes me that WB didn't go with Joss Whedon.

I've heard conflicting stories about whether the bad script associated with Whedon was actually Whedon's. . . regardless, I am 100% certain some execs in WB are quietly kicking themselves.

Don't get me wrong... I am a very big Snyder fan. But he shouldn't get anywhere near WW!
Why not? Not being rude but just asking.

My back up for WW would be Frank Darabont. To be honest he might be my front runner. Wonder Woman could go very wrong but the thing I like about Darabont is that he knows how to change some things and leave out the outdated stuff while still respecting the source material.

as much as I like Snyder, I would fear he would turn Wonder Woman into a "tough, SEXY chick" that populated Sucker Punch. I actually enjoyed that movie, as it was everything I expected it to be, but my fear would be that his WW approach would be over the top. However, his Superman may change that completely.

The Question - with Jonah Nolan as the writer. Get any director from Person Of Interest tv show.

Catwoman - Tony Jordan (Hustle) writing, J.C Chandor directing
Superman - Duncan Jones
Batman - I still hold hope for an Aronofsky directed game similar in style to the Arkham games but Guy Ritchie would also be really interesting
Teen Titans - Stuart Beattie (Tomorrow when the war began)

Superman: Duncan Jones
Batman: Alfonso Cuaron
Wonder Woman: Nicolas Winding Refn
Green Lantern: Rupert Wyatt
The Flash: Ben Affleck

The Flash: Ben Affleck

You know, I think after a couple more movies, he could actually be really good for Batman. I definitely think he would direct a better Daredevil than he acted in.

as much as I like Snyder, I would fear he would turn Wonder Woman into a "tough, SEXY chick" that populated Sucker Punch. I actually enjoyed that movie, as it was everything I expected it to be, but my fear would be that his WW approach would be over the top.

Exactly!

I'm afraid he'd make her a female version of Superman... something she's not. Was I making Supergirl, yeah, he could work.

I was thinking Tarsem Singh given his visual style though I'm not 100% on it.

Superman If there was one DC product I'd give Snyder, it has to be Superman. I'm so happy he got it.

The Flash- Nicolas Winding Refn since he wants to do it or David Fincher since I want the movie to continue the darker shades of Nolan's trilogy. Maybe "cold bodies" start turning up and Barry has to find who's behind all this as a cat and mouse game begins.

Wonder Woman- Tarsem Singh- His visual style could be wonderful in showing Paradise Island and the whole war with Ares plot.

Justice League- Peter Jackson- Well, I don't really have to explain that choice. He'd be a worthy rival to Whedon.

Green Lantern 2- Duncan Jones- Well... That could be a slippery ground after the first movie but watching Moon and Source Code, he could give it a worthwhile shot!

The Flash- Nicolas Winding Refn since he wants to do it or David Fincher since I want the movie to continue the darker shades of Nolan's trilogy. Maybe "cold bodies" start turning up and Barry has to find who's behind all this as a cat and mouse game begins.

No, no, no. Last thing the Flash needs is a "darker, edgier" movie. Aside from the disservice to the character, I suspect it'd be a marketing boondoggle. Your trying to sell a new character; I predict it'd be a *lot* easier to sell said character as a "bright, shiny superhero adventure" than "dark, brooding crime drama. . . with vast superpowers!"

No, no, no. Last thing the Flash needs is a "darker, edgier" movie. Aside from the disservice to the character, I suspect it'd be a marketing boondoggle. Your trying to sell a new character; I predict it'd be a *lot* easier to sell said character as a "bright, shiny superhero adventure" than "dark, brooding crime drama. . . with vast superpowers!"
Thats why I went with Rupert Wyatt. He knows how to do serious scifi without getting to dark.

A kind of dream team, but ONE of these will never happen.

Darren Aronofsky: Batman

Peter Jackson: Wonder Woman

Baz Lurhmann or Martin Scorsese: The Flash

Ridley Scott or Peter Hyams: Green Lantern

James Cameron or Paul Verhoeven: Aquaman

Terry Gilliam or Darren Aronofsky: Green Arrow

A kind of dream team, but ONE of these will never happen.

Darren Aronofsky: Batman

Peter Jackson: Wonder Woman

Baz Lurhmann or Martin Scorsese: The Flash

Ridley Scott or Peter Hyams: Green Lantern

James Cameron or Paul Verhoeven: Aquaman

Terry Gilliam or Darren Aronofsky: Green Arrow
Love that one. He might be willing to do it just to do the challenge of working with water. After seeing Sunshine I wouldn't mind seeing Danny Boyles take on Aquaman too.

I like Refn for Wonder Woman.
While it doesn't seem like a dream match to me, I must admit, I find the potential there to be intriguing enough to be genuinely exciting.

So sure, I'll go with that one for now. Here are some of my picks:

Wonder Woman
- Refn

Batman - David Fincher or (more realistically) Duncan Jones or Matt Reeves

Green Lantern - James Cameron or Neill Blomkamp

The Flash - Rian Johnson

I like Refn because Drive and Bronson have great visuals and a Wonder Woman movie should be full of breath-taking shots. Plus, Refn wouldn't hold back on Diana and the Amazons kicking all sorts of ass.

Superman: Zack Snyder. He brought his A-game to an unfilmable project. Plus he's got Nolan watching his back. He'll do fine.

Wonder Woman: Patty Jenkins. WW doesn't need a lady at the helm, but they could do worse than the director of Monster who was a strong contender for Thor 2

Flash: DJ Caruso. The guy can handle superhero action. Give him a smart script and we're golden.

Green Lantern: Joseph Kosinski (TRON Legacy)

Batman: I dunno. Matt Reeves maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"