Link a DC character/ book with a director...

Batman - Rian Johnson. He's great with twists and turns, and did a great sort of detective mystery with Brick. He has what it takes to finally give us the detective Batman a lot of people seem to want, and bring some outside-the-box thinking to the project as well.

Wonder Woman - A lot of great suggestions so far. I'm torn. Tarsem Singh is an awesome suggestion on a visual level, though I'd hope it'd be more The Fall and less Mirror Mirror. If Patty Jenkins was interested in Thor 2, WW isn't that far a leap, plus a female perspective would probably work well. That said, if Nicolas Winding Refn wants to do a WW film, give it to him! I'd trust him to make something fascinating.

The Flash - Joe Cornish. The fast-paced style of Attack the Block would translate well I think. Plus that movie is both dark and fun at the same time, if WB wants to make their Flash movie a little darker while keeping the lighter nature of the character. Plus, Attack the Block's effects are awesome, and I'm sure he could come up with an inspired way to depict super-speed.

Green Lantern - Drew Goddard. The third act of Cabin in the Woods proved that Goddard has a pretty limitless visual imagination, which is necessary for a character whose power is to conjure up anything from his mind.

Aquaman - Gore Verbinski. The Pirates movies show that he can more than handle action sequences at sea.

Justice League - JJ Abrams. The tone of Star Trek is pretty much perfect for JL: epic, awe-inspiring, charming. Between that and his contributions to TV, he's shown he can handle ensembles really well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"