live action anime

xxAPCxx

Civilian
Reaction score
with speed racer being adapted and the success of transformers which will probably result in live action incarnations of NEOG Evangelion and Gundam, which others do you think would work well?

I wouldn't mind seeing Yu Yu Hakusho and Bleach done.

YYH you'd obviously have to make the characters older since theyre all 13-14 in the anime and id make it so that like halfway through the first movie yusuke would fight hiei and the big villians would be the st. beasts with hiei and kurama showing up to help.

Bleach would also have them haveta be a bit older and could go up until Uryu summons all the hollows onto the city resulting in the battle with Menos Grande.

Well NEOG Evangelionis being planned already. there have severaal live action in the past and I own some theme.
Fist of the Northstar
Crying Freeman (both chinese and American version)
Wicked City
Guyver and Guyver Dark Hero
Doomed Megapolis

Ones I know of:
Death Note
Cutey Honey
Casshern

I think Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 (remake of the 1980s Bubblegum Crisis) would make for a great sci-fi/action trilogy.

I also think they could make a decent film out of Dominion: Tank Police
dom1.jpg

and/or maybe Slayers...
slayers_next.jpg

James Cameron is planning Battle Angel Alita after Avatar

Rurouini Kenshin would make a great period film(s)

Inuyasha could fit into that role of "the next big fantasy franchise" that every studio will be looking for once Harry Potter wraps up.

Tenchi Muyo? Writers do have one small advantage in that they wouldn't need to be true to the plot, seeing as there's like six different versions of Tenchi. As long as they maintain the character dynamics it could be alot of fun.

two words RURRONI KENSHEN

Ghost in the Shell could work well as a live action movie if handled right. Personally, I wouldn't even try re-telling the original story and just make a new one with new characters set in the GiTS universe. I didn't really like the original movie but I loved the show.

Better version of Guyver, YuYu Hakusho, Outlaw Star, or any incarnation of Gundam series sound cool to me.

We also know Robotech is on it's way which I'm hoping is amazing.

with speed racer being adapted and the success of transformers which will probably result in live action incarnations of NEOG Evangelion and Gundam, which others do you think would work well?

They did a live-action Gundam in Japan a while back for an anniversary.

After End of Evangelion, any interest I had in NGE died. I don't see the need for a translation into the live-action medium. It would only draw more criticism towards anime.

I wouldn't mind seeing Yu Yu Hakusho and Bleach done.

Yes to Yu Yu Hakusho- it has enough happening in the real world and enough character development moments sans special effects that it could be done. Nay to Bleach- the ecapsulation of a series that would be CGI-intensive with a limited fanbase here in America would not go down as well.

YYH you'd obviously have to make the characters older since theyre all 13-14 in the anime

They were in the manga, too. They were relatable to people and created a major draw-in through their differences. The movie would be hard pressed to find alternatives to the teenage atmosphere created.

Don't fix what isn't broken.

Bleach would also have them haveta be a bit older and could go up until Uryu summons all the hollows onto the city resulting in the battle with Menos Grande.

That would require studios to put faith into a plot that's essentially "Shaman King Lite" and only appeals to some fanatics as it is. That's just not going to happen. If Akira with a 300 million dollar budget was impossible, Bleach won't even be a consideration.

For a movie with a two million dollar budget, Guyver 2 was the s**t!! Yeah, it's pretty chap, but I loved that they made it bloodier and less slapschtick than the first film (for God's sake, the first one had Jimmy Walker!!). And I still like the fight at the end between the Guyver and Crane-as Guyver/Zoanoid.

I can only imagine what they could do with a full-fledged hollywood budget. If it were done stateside again, Brian Steele would probably play a zoanoid (or several), him and Doug Jones being such high-profile creature performers now to the point that they'd credited in films the same as any other actor.

live action anime doesn't excite me, let's stop fooling ourselves and have it like advent's children

For a movie with a two million dollar budget, Guyver 2 was the s**t!! Yeah, it's pretty chap, but I loved that they made it bloodier and less slapschtick than the first film (for God's sake, the first one had Jimmy Walker!!). And I still like the fight at the end between the Guyver and Crane-as Guyver/Zoanoid.

I can only imagine what they could do with a full-fledged hollywood budget. If it were done stateside again, Brian Steele would probably play a zoanoid (or several), him and Doug Jones being such high-profile creature performers now to the point that they'd credited in films the same as any other actor.
I really didn't care for The Guyver 2, but it did have a couple of decent fight scenes. The acting what's kill if for me, and I just can't sit and watch it. It's just bad. Yes! With a full-fleged Hollywood budget, they could make a killer Guyver movie. I agree with you on that.

live action anime doesn't excite me, let's stop fooling ourselves and have it like advent's children

Agreed. FFVII: Advent Children was a great film. The fight scenes were awesome. I think Dragon Ball Z should be an all CGI film. Imagine that! The film would rule. But looks like DBZ is going to be another crappy adaption.

Looking at Blade II and Hellboy, I actually think Guillermo Del Toro could adapt, at least a good horror anime and make it work. Those two films had a lot of anime-inspired action.

^I can see Guillermo Del Toro directing live action films of Demon City or Vampire Hunter D. He's pretty good at what he does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"