live action anime

I couldn't even sit through the Asian live action of Wicked City, Variety reported there was a plan to make a western live action of Wicked City a few years ago but no update since, shame, I love the anime film.

I couldn't either. I mean Wicked City is literally Men in Black on Crystal Meth, and I loved it. The only 2 directors that I see doing Wicked City justice as a western remake are Quientin Tarentino or the guy that directed District 9.

dnfqz8.jpg

Berserk but it would have to be epic like LOTR and have a capable director

bring on a live action Blue Sub No.6 movie!

A few of the Manga's that have been made into live action movies or TV shows..... That I know of...

20th Century Boys
8th Man
A Man Called Hero
Astro Boy
Azumi
Bichunmoo
Black Jack
Blood The Last Vampire
Bloody Mallory
Bokkou
Cat's Eye
City Hunter
Crying Freeman
Cutey Honey
Death Note
Detective Conan
Devilman
Dororo
Dragon Head
Dragon Tiger Gate
Dragonball
Fist Of The Northstar
Fudoh
Gegege No Kitaro
Gekko Kamen
Giant Robo
Golgo13
GTO
Gundala
Ichi The Killer
Initial D
Iria/Zeram
Joshuu Sasori
Lady Oscar
Lady Snowblood
Lone Wolf and Cub
Lupin III
MPD Psycho
Nagai Yume
Nana
Neighbour No.13
Ninja Bugeicho
Ogon Batto
Old Boy
Oshikiri
Peacock King
Priest
Riki-oh
Sailor Moon
Sakuran
Shamo
Skull Man
Speed Racer
Stormriders
Sukeban Deka
Tetsujin 28
The Guyver
Tokyo Babylon 1999
Tomie
Uzumaki
Wicked City
You're Under Arrest
Zettai kareshi

And that's just part of the list that I know of. I skipped over alot of titles that are out there, The whole list is too long.:wow:

Last edited:
gantz-02.jpg

Genres: Adventure, Drama, Horror, Psychological, Science Fiction, Supernatural

Plot Summary: Kei Kurono is a typical high school student in a selfish world, not caring about anyone other than himself. However when, by chance, he was forced to help out his childhood friend, Katou Masaru, rescue a drunkard who fell into subway tracks, both he and Katou were killed... Or not. After being run over by the train, they were suddenly teleported to an enclosed apartment with others who recently died. And now their lives are controlled by a mysterious black ball inside the apartment called GANTZ, and they are forced to participate in a "game" of unprecedented danger and horror.

http://zotaku.com/2009/10/11/gantz-live-action-movies-in-2011/

Hiroya Oku’s sci-fi action manga “GANTZ” is being adapted into two live-action films planned to be released in 2011. The movies will star Arashi boyband’s member Kazunari Ninomiya (26) and actor Kenichi Matsuyama (24, L from Death Note). Filming starts next month and is slated to end next year, April.

Shinsuke Sato is directing the films, which have reportedly been given a budget of 4 billion yen, with lots of CG involved. It is said that producers are aiming to make the film suitable for general audiences, which means that it may likely lack the violence of the original manga.

“GANTZ” has been serialized in Young Jump since 2000. Kei Kurono (Ninomiya) and Masaru Kato (Matsuyama) are two young man who should be dead after a train accident, but they are summoned back to life by an entity known as GANTZ. Under GANTZ’s orders, the two are repeatedly sent on missions to fight against alien beings. So far, 26 volumes of the manga have been released in Japan, selling more than 10 million copies combined. [TokyoGraph]
Expect the catch the first movie in Winter 2011, and the second movie in Spring 2011

If the characters are supposed to be Japanese like in sailor Moon and yet they all look like white people (Sailor Moon looks like she is from Sweden, not Japan) who are they supposed cast?

If the characters are supposed to be Japanese like in sailor Moon and yet they all look like white people (Sailor Moon looks like she is from Sweden, not Japan) who are they supposed cast?

If they look white, it is purely on the part of the viewer or art style. Most anime character are suppose to be Japanese unless explicitly stated otherwise.

This link should explain it pretty well.

http://www.matt-thorn.com/mangagaku/faceoftheother.html

Gundam wing and Blue Sub #6....nuff' said.

POKEMON would be so easy to do .....

PLUS THIS!!!! (and no one has even mentioned it yet tut tut tut)
this is my first draft of MY story for it, i kept it close to the backstories ..... and THAT'S doing your homework!!)

SOSAI-X has started invading earth with his wondrous machines, commanded by a single cell from SOSAI-X called SOSAI-Z, rendering the earth forces inefectual each time ..... and over time they get fed up of this, and devise a plan! to build a fleet of spacecraft, from new and radical technology devised from the scant technology gained from damaged alien ships. but as they are preparing to launch, they are attacked by a giant scorpionship, captained by a young and confident ZOLTAN

only TWO ships escape and flee to safety (the prototype PHOENIX, crewed by MARK, JASON AND OLLIE) and a vehicle transport ship (crewed by JUNE and her little brother MICKEY, who is injured in the attack) ZOLTAN knows that any sort of defensive capability left on earth, would be dangerous to the incoming fleet!

as the search continues, the two ships find an old abandoned UNDERSEA base, and take residence. the two crews of the ships decide to combine both designs, and set about joining them together, while training up more with their fighting skills ..... including one which they team up and for a whirling pyramid ..... while JUNE nurses MICKEY back to health, using some of SOSAI-Z'S medical tech.

with help from redundant robots, they rebuilt and retrofit the two ships to form one ..... a sleeker version of the PHOENIX, but with added vehicle carrying capabilities! their first flight is not a success, as they are beaten back by the vicious scorpionship, limping back to their base. but the scorpionship follows them and begins destroying the base, the crew have only one option ..... to use the untested TRANSMUTE technology! in a devastating counterattack, the PHOENIX cripples the scorpionship, and sends it to the bottom of the ocean!

surveying their wrecked base, they find a couple of surviving robots ..... and they have information on another smaller base, used as a backup! they go to it and set themselves up in it, while the scorpionship manages to repair itself, ZOLTAN contacts SOSAI-Z about the base! with the PHOENIX ready and repaired, they decide to fight back ..... and hard! but head straight into SOSAI-Z'S incoming ships! the PHOENIX destroys the ships, while SOSAI-Z flees! the PHOENIX chases him into space, only to find the massive fleet approaching!

with utter determination, and wanting the attacks to end permanately, they attack the fleet! picking off ships left and right, actually landing on SOSAI-Z'S ship to capture him. they fight through the crew and soldiers, utilising all their fighting skills, and a few teams maneuvers (including the new improved pyramid whirlwind attack!) however when they get to SOSAI-Z, MICKEY acts funny, and actually attacks the PHOENIX'S crew!! SOSAI-Z gloats and blurts out that he is controlling MICKEY with the alien tech, that was used to heal him! JUNE goes nuts and kills SOSAI-Z, by destroying his blood supply that keeps him alive!

however, some ships get through to earth, but are surprised to find a new, and inproved defence force called RED IMPULSE led by COLONEL KENTARO WASHIO ..... and they wipe out the invaders! they then turn to the rest of SOSAI-Z'S fleet, then there's one ship to deal with .....

the PHOENIX and RED IMPULSE head back to destroy the scorpionship, and find it rampaging through japan, looking for RED IMPULSE'S base, and fight it! RED IMPULSE suffer heavy losses, and the crew of the PHOENIX decide to use the TRANSMUTE technology again, and flies straight for the scorpionship! ZOLTAN also flies the scorpionship straight at the PHOENIX as the TRANSMUTE tech kicks in, searing through the scorpionship, and laying waste to it finally! and as the wreckage burns on the ground, the PHOENIX and RED IMPLUSE crews celebrate!

as the rebuilding gets underway, a new defense force is set up to defend from future attacks from SOSAI-X ..... or anyone else for that matter ..... headed by CHIEF ANDERSON, with DR BENJAMIN KEANE, DR FRANCINE AIKENS, PROFESSOR ANDRO ..... and from RED IMPULSE, COLONEL KENTARO WASHIO and his chief engeneer KANO .....

and also an adviser to CHIEF ANDERSON, by the name of MALA KATSE .....

Blue Sub. No6, and Gundam Wing (or any gundam series)

Dragon Ball, Naruto, Sailor V, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Beebop, Digimon.
I don't think Pokemon would work, unless they followed more from the Pokemon Adventures manga, which is quite better than the anime by the way

Seconding Fist of the North Star and (YES) 20th Century Boys
Hollywood, please don't ever touch Cowboy Bebop or Akira. Please.
Noein might make a pretty good live action film.

Seconding Fist of the North Star and (YES) 20th Century Boys
Hollywood, please don't ever touch Cowboy Bebop or Akira. Please.
Noein might make a pretty good live action film.

Too Late on Akira with WB trying to do it. Update they the production down and was suppose to star Kristen Stewart as Kai, Garrett Hedlund as Kaneda, Ken Wannbe as the General and Helen Carter as the street preacher.

Now that One Piece looks like it was a success at least critically, I’m wondering, are there any other adaptions you would like to see? And would you rather a movie or tv series?

I could see Hollywood trying to tap this as the new superhero goldmine

I’m not done with One Piece yet but it is indeed great. I hope it becomes a hit. That said, anime is so tricky to pull off in live action. Anime is often very stylized in look and tone and those things are not easy to translate in believable live action with real actors.

But its not impossible. I think they could pull off Naruto.

I'm still waiting on that live action Pokémon series.

I was quite disappointed with Yu Yu Hakusho 2023. Only 5 episodes and they wasted so many storylines that are good enough for 30 episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"