Live Action Fallout Series | Amazon

Not played the Fallout games but this approach is exactly why other video game movies and shows have failed. Did they learn nothing from that Resident Evil show?

I think this is a bit of a different animal. Each Fallout game features a new story and setting, with a new protagonist, so it’s not like Last of Us or Resident Evil in that you’re following all or some of the same people from game to game. But the premise in each game is usually the same: an inhabitant of a Vault leaves that Vault to explore a post apocalyptic wasteland. So if the show follows that same premise, it has a good chance of feeling like Fallout but also gives Nolan enough creative freedom to do what he wants with it instead of follow the story of one of the games.

As for whether or not it will be good, that remains to be seen. But going this route makes sense to me as a fan.

I think this is a bit of a different animal. Each Fallout game features a new story and setting, with a new protagonist, so it’s not like Last of Us or Resident Evil in that you’re following all or some of the same people from game to game. But the premise in each game is usually the same: an inhabitant of a Vault leaves that Vault to explore a post apocalyptic wasteland. So if the show follows that same premise, it has a good chance of feeling like Fallout but also gives Nolan enough creative freedom to do what he wants with it instead of follow the story of one of the games.

As for whether or not it will be good, that remains to be seen. But going this route makes sense to me as a fan.

Fair enough. I just think when they try and create a 'new story' for an adaptation it doesn't really work. Hopefully this one can.

Fair enough. I just think when they try and create a 'new story' for an adaptation it doesn't really work. Hopefully this one can.

Oh believe me, I’m always skeptical whenever I hear that too. The Assassin’s Creed movie is probably the best example of that concept going horribly wrong. But hopefully Nolan and Bethesda are smarter than that.

Starfield Gamescom demo ends with Fallout TV show sneak peek from Todd Howard

There were three scenes which really caught my attention: A wall of Brotherhood of Steel soldiers marching against a stark background, the suits rich with detail – rendered as you remember them from the game. There was the tease of one of the most iconic Fallout scenes, as a Vault Dweller held their hand to their face to shield their eyes against the sun as they stepped from a vault for the first time, with an Overseer slamming it closed behind them. And then there was the shootout in a western-inspired town, with the camera pulling focus on a gunslinging mutant in a cowboy hat.

Never been a big Fallout fan, so the games aren't exactly sacred cows to me.

I mean the lore and everything is there, but like in the later games you are always playing a created character and just hopping around a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

This sounds great. Loving the photos. But my God, Bethesda, give us the trailer already. Talk about slow-walking the reveal here.

Also, it’s pretty obvious the Vanity Fair writer hasn’t played the games. Ghouls aren’t all mindless zombies. There are a whole bunch of them in Fallout 4 that you can interact with. I think you can even romance one of them if… you’re into that.

This sounds great. Loving the photos. But my God, Bethesda, give us the trailer already. Talk about slow-walking the reveal here.

Also, it’s pretty obvious the Vanity Fair writer hasn’t played the games. Ghouls aren’t all mindless zombies. There are a whole bunch of them in Fallout 4 that you can interact with. I think you can even romance one of them if… you’re into that.
Probably with CCXP in a few days.

Gimme the trailer! :argh:

I know, just ask my boy Roy Phillips.

I didn’t even knew this was being made! I played the 4th and it was pretty cool and there was a ton of lore to it which I enjoyed even though i couldn’t really read, listen and do a deep dive on every single thing in the game otherwise I would still be playing it to this day.

OMG!!! This looks so good. Wow I love it.

giphy.gif

As much as I love the Fallout games, I'm admittedly a much bigger elder scrolls fan so I hope some day we get a show in that world, which i think will be more likely after elder scrolls VI. That being said, I am so excited for this!

This looks incredible to me because looking at those pictures I felt once again transported into that world. Awesome. I might very well get a subscription just to watch this.

Those posters are sexy. Trailer is coming very soon today!

(Bracing myself for the influx of YouTube morons raging about how the show is an abomination because it has a voiced protagonist :o)

Also, it’s nice to see Dogmeat (apparently) in this show. I hope they give him that name; Dogmeat has shown up in every one of the main Fallout games regardless of where they are located so hopefully they continue with that tradition. It might not make sense that a dog has lived that long in the wasteland or shown up in so many places but… seriously, it doesn’t matter. Dogmeat is just cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"