LotR -- 9 years later

Yep, from what I have read...most people use pretty sophisticated and fairly expensive programs. I use the old DVD player hooked up to DVD recorder and use the pause button to make edits. Mine are basicly for me and my family to watch. I'd love to be able to make some more professional looking edits but don't have the money for the expensive programs.

Windows Moviemaker can do it if your computer is somewhat newish and it usually comes bundled and installed with your other software. That's what I use when I cut fanvideos.

It's pretty basic but gets the job done.

WMM isn't as precise though. After using Final Cut and Adobe Premiere, I can't go back to using WMM haha. Then again, WMM is free.

It's a ****ing low cost option, I'm not forcing anyone to use the thing. God damn.

WMM isn't as precise though. After using Final Cut and Adobe Premiere, I can't go back to using WMM haha. Then again, WMM is free.

As I said, I've just used it for a few music videos and it's worked well enough even if it's low end. I might look into one of the better packages when I buy a new comp. :up:

I've created my own cuts with some of the EE scenes.. I agree that there's a little too much, things that drag, and stuff that affects that narrative and drive in a poor way. For example, in Fellowship, I don't use(or care for)most of the extended things in the first half of the film.. but once they hit Moria I keep in the extended action bits, as well as the added stuff with that one elf who dies in TT.. so he feels like a bit more of a character to lose.

I find it's becoming one of my favorite things to do with multiple versions of films being made available, or a film with a large amount of deleted scenes.

I've just started doing this stuff myself. Not whole films but just scenes atm. I've heard someone re-edited LOTR to follow the narrative structure of the book., ie TT and ROTK each being split into two stories that don't intercut. I'd be curious to see that.

I'm still trying to get a hold of The Phantom Edit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"