Louis says "Arctic scene was too brutal for movie, but you will see it".

EmeraldBeast

Sidekick
Reaction score
I am assuming that the director's cut for The Incredible Hulk will contain this scene (attempted suicide) that was lifted from the movie. I can bet this was one of those "artistic differences" between the studio execs and Louis/Norton. He wanted the scene in there and it was removed due to the brutality of it. PG13 says it all as Marvel will not put out an R rated movie. I for one will be content only knowing I will catch it on the DVD. Louis confirmed that we will see it. What are your thoughts?

This is my one dissappointment thus far about this movie really wanted to see that scene as part of the film. Anyway we'll have to wait for the DVD, no doubt it will be out around Christmas time.

i'm pretty dissapointed as well, i read a little bit of the novel and the arctic scene sounded really great, was looking forward to seeing it. but at least its on the dvd and they are not gonna pull a spiderman 2.1 and release it years from now, which im glad..

I'm surprised they didn't try to re-work it to include it in the movie. Granted I haven't seen the movie but I thought it helped set up the later point when Norton wants to jump out of the copter because he knows the Hulk won't let him kill himself.

I am assuming that the director's cut for The Incredible Hulk will contain this scene (attempted suicide) that was lifted from the movie. I can bet this was one of those "artistic differences" between the studio execs and Louis/Norton. He wanted the scene in there and it was removed due to the brutality of it. PG13 says it all as Marvel will not put out an R rated movie. I for one will be content only knowing I will catch it on the DVD. Louis confirmed that we will see it. What are your thoughts?

How would an attempted suicide warrant an R rating? The Incredibles was PG and a character attempted suicide...

i just hope that they release a directors cut that puts all the cut scenes back in and not just as part of the special features. i want to watch the movie as intended.

This is my one dissappointment thus far about this movie really wanted to see that scene as part of the film. Anyway we'll have to wait for the DVD, no doubt it will be out around Christmas time.

Sorry to disappoint you lol, but the Incredible Hulk will be out on DVD/Blue Ray on Oct. 7th. Iron Man is Nov.4th and TDK is Dec. 2nd.

Right, so, cartoons can deal with attempted suicide and cartoons placed in a real world arctic tundra cannot.

Fantastic.
Refresh the memory here, what scene in the Incredibles was there an attempt? But anyway, who cares really? You get to see it on the DVD. I wanted it too, but whatever.

[/b]
Sorry to disappoint you lol, but the Incredible Hulk will be out on DVD/Blue Ray on Oct. 7th. Iron Man is Nov.4th and TDK is Dec. 2nd.

How is it that the Hulk comes out on DVD before Iron Man does.

I don't have any problem with it. I don't think it will take away from the overall film. It sounds like a cool part but not something that's completely necessary. I just think of it as a bonus that we will get it on the dvd/blu-ray and I do look forward to seeing it Oct 7th.

Refresh the memory here, what scene in the Incredibles was there an attempt? But anyway, who cares really? You get to see it on the DVD. I wanted it too, but whatever.

Oh no I don't care, I just thought you meant that a cartoon could get away with it and not this. Hence my snappy response. :oldrazz:

In the beginning super heroes had to go into hiding when Mr. Incredible saved a man from his attempted suicide breaking his limbs for which he was sued over.

I really thought that was an emotionally raw scene to open the film with. I am kind of disappointed it got cut. Alas.

hmm. october 7th.. that is close to my birthday.

Jacob

Too bad about that scene. A damn shame.

wait so what was in the artic seen i get he try to commi suicide , but then during the fall does the hulk come out and save his life like in the comics.

Attempted suicide is "too brutal", but Hulk and Abom killing a bunch of innocent civilians isn't? I love the logic. :whatever:

I do not understand why the Hulk Blue Ray is coming out earlier then the Iron Man Blue Ray.

They probably did this because for those who aren't familiar with the 2003 movie, or television show, and needed an explantion as to just HOW Bruce became the Hulk, so the origin flashbacks are going to help out with that. I would've liked to have seen the suicide scene in the movie theaters, but that's only making the DVD that much more sweeter to buy when it's released!

Only if it is reincorporated into the DVD. If it's just a deleted scene, well...

I have trouble believing that there will be a extended/director's cut. They are already rushing the DVD out to maximize early sales before it has to share space with the likes of IM, I4, TDK, etc.

I don't think they want to put the money into a bunch of different releases. The key here is to try and squeeze every penny out of this thing. The last thing they want is unnecessary expenditures, but you never know. That's not to say I wouldn't welcome one since I find myself wondering what else has seen the chopping block.

I would love to see this scene! However, its a smart move to take the scene out of the theatrical release. I already think this movie will be dark enough for GA

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"