Louis says "Arctic scene was too brutal for movie, but you will see it".

I'm surprised they didn't try to re-work it to include it in the movie. Granted I haven't seen the movie but I thought it helped set up the later point when Norton wants to jump out of the copter because he knows the Hulk won't let him kill himself.
Same here. I thought the exact same thing as the setup for the helicopter fall... Damn.

I thought LL said the Arctic footage would be released online for the films promotion?

Where the hell is that October date from, the tooth fairy?

It's a mistake taking that scene out, you can't understand the desperation of banner life and how he would do anything to get rid of the hulk, even take his own life.

I guess they could have done it in other ways like have him walk out infront of a train and watch it go crazy, kinda like hancock did....use that in the theatres and keep the gun scene for the dvd.

but to cut all references to it would be poor.

once they put the film together and watched it, the scene may have just seemed out of place. I can wait til the DVD fot it.

So. No Hulk in the first few minutes then.

If it makes the Norton cut, I'll be happy.

I hope its more like the I Am Legend release, where you get the choice of which version to watch, the full extended version or the theatrical release - is there any way you can find that out from your source EB?

Also, Im definitely intrigued as to why TIH would be release before Iron Man?

Nevermind about the DVD release date thing, now I see why.

I do not understand why the Hulk Blue Ray is coming out earlier then the Iron Man Blue Ray.

I don't either, since I've heard Iron Man was due out first.

The only indication I've seen of Hulk being so early is Letterier claiming they're the first Universal Blu-Ray disc, which is incorrect.

I hope its more like the I Am Legend release, where you get the choice of which version to watch, the full extended version or the theatrical release - is there any way you can find that out from your source EB?

Yeah, having two versions it's the only way... I mean, c'mon, there are two versions for both AvP and Ghost Rider... we need TIH director's cut/extended cut!!

probably because they want to keep as much positive vibe about the hulk going to help with dvd sales

you are more likely to buy an all out action film when it's still in your mind while people are probably more willing to wait for iron man because it may appeal to a wider audience.

I guess the motivation for excising this scene would stem from the fact that adults will be bringing children to the theater to see this move with them, including yours truly who has a niece and nephew. I'm thinking the Arctic scene would be much too intense for the children and would scare them seeing as how suicide is not quite a kid friendly thing. I say just like they did with Lord of the Rings they should release a theatrical version and a director's cut on DVD. I'd readily purchase both versions.

You guys can't see it. :wow: The Rating Board is compromise of old, conservatives , that listen to their religious background. Suicide is a Taboo. Plain and simple. It's part of the religious upbringing and condemn. So slapping an R rating because of this is not unusual. We have to sit and wait for the DVD release because of some idiot that wants to impose his views on me, instead of letting me decide.

My 2 cents. :word:

You guys can't see it. :wow: The Rating Board is compromise of old, conservatives , that listen to their religious background. Suicide is a Taboo.

Look, my nephew is 9 and my niece is 12. I'm taking it you aren't the caretaker of children and you have no idea what scares them. Suicide is way too real and scary a thing to expose my niece and nephew to. It's bad enough I've had to experience this in my own life as an adult. (I'll just say it made local headlines here where I live.) I think the right decision was made so someone like me can have an experience to share with the next generation in my niece and nephew.

People without kids never really think about it in that way. To them, kids are just an annoyance. Sadly, even some people with kids feel that way but that's a whole other discussion.

Look, my nephew is 9 and my niece is 12. I'm taking it you aren't the caretaker of children and you have no idea what scares them. Suicide is way too real and scary a thing to expose my niece and nephew to. It's bad enough I've had to experience this in my own life as an adult. (I'll just say it made local headlines here where I live.) I think the right decision was made so someone like me can have an experience to share with the next generation in my niece and nephew.

I see you know a lot about me. I raised two daughters all by myself. I never sugarcoated anything and insure they had all the secular, religious, and real world eduction. Today they are hard working and stable adults. I have friends that do not share my opinions and I don't share some of theirs; To each his own. My kids have had friends that suffered thru the suicide issue and supported them. Also, their best friend had cancer and they stayed with her to the very end. So they are familiar with the sad part of life.

By the way, being an Uncle does not make you a parent. When You have your own then come and talk with real authority.

This is my last post on this subject since this is not the right place to debate this. I do respect your opinion but don't have to agree with it.

Thanks

Attempted suicide is "too brutal", but Hulk and Abom killing a bunch of innocent civilians isn't? I love the logic. :whatever:

LOL.

i'm pretty dissapointed as well, i read a little bit of the novel and the arctic scene sounded really great, was looking forward to seeing it. but at least its on the dvd and they are not gonna pull a spiderman 2.1 and release it years from now, which im glad..

Really? I would be absolutely shocked if they include the theatrical cut and the extended cut on the same DVD in its initial release. This is the perfect opportunity to make the fans double dip and I would expect them to take advantage of that. I was thinking it would at least be a matter of months after the first DVD release before we got the extended cut.

I guess the motivation for excising this scene would stem from the fact that adults will be bringing children to the theater to see this move with them, including yours truly who has a niece and nephew. I'm thinking the Arctic scene would be much too intense for the children and would scare them seeing as how suicide is not quite a kid friendly thing. I say just like they did with Lord of the Rings they should release a theatrical version and a director's cut on DVD. I'd readily purchase both versions.

i have to admit i could not comprehend at first why they would take out such a powerful scene in the movie, but after reading your quote i have to agree. you really dont want your child seeing suicide attempts. It will impact them in some way shape or form.

However for adults like us it only makes the movie hit a deeper note! i am REALLY looking forward to the DVD release. And i dont want to see those scenes in a sperate feature, i want to be able to watch a full extended cut with all the scenes in the place where they belong.

If that scene would have had the rating for the film go up then it was wise to remove the scene. Kids do not want to see someone [BLACKOUT]put a gun in their mouth and shoot themselves[/BLACKOUT]. It would be too brutal but then you have Hulk [BLACKOUT]stabbing[/BLACKOUT] Abomination [BLACKOUT]in the chest[/BLACKOUT] which is also brutal. :huh:

hey, batmanfan said its not a kids flick but i bet they'll still see it none the less.

All I have to say is, if they removed this scene which from everything I've heard isn't graphic...those reports had better be false and this scene had better be hardcore.

If it's the simple shot of him putting the gun to his head or in his mouth and then it cuts away and you see a green flash and then Hulks hand holding the gun...that's weak.

Don't get me wrong, it sounds like a cool scene...but there is no reason, no reason whatsoever that they needed to cut that out.

Exactly Sarge92...this move involved little to no logic.

At this point, without having seen the scene, I could envision how they could do a lot of it off screen without making it look harsh for kids, like you see Banner alone walking through the snowy tundra, then a close up to his waist reveals the gun in hand, it raises off camera and Banner whispers 'Betty' before you hear the bang.

The camera then changing to a pan showing the noise echo across the snow. Then a close up of the floor shows the bent bullet drop, and a large green foot steps over it with a roar.

I dont think most young kids would clock on to what was going on, but then again, I suppose its the concept of our would-be hero taking his own life, than the way they show it on screen, that Marvel wanted to steer away from.

I'm disappointed that the arctic scene won't make the cut; I thought it'd instantly give the film some sober note that will grab moviegoers' attention, and help explain the 'copter scene at the end of the movie. But perhaps the rating board threatened to make TIH a 'R' rating and Marvel blinked, hence the reason for its absence in the movie. Too bad. I hope it will be incorporated as a director's cut and not as a deleted scene in the DVD and Blu-Ray, though.

I can't believe the hub-bub-boo over that Artic suicide part. I never cared for the scene anyway, and all it showed was that the Hulk wont let Banner die.

But as I said a while ago, alll these cuts and scenes will be on the DVD whenever we get it.

I'm sure it is just a ratings thing. The board that do the film certificates probably said that the scene cannot be shown in a 12a (PG-13) and either needs to be cut or have the rating higher to a 15.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"