Louis says "Arctic scene was too brutal for movie, but you will see it".

Hey, I remember one time I seriously cotemplated jumping off my house and yelling "superman" so he could save me and I could finally meet him. I was five.
So boo for darwinism. :csad:

Hey, I remember one time I seriously cotemplated jumping off my house and yelling "superman" so he could save me and I could finally meet him. I was five.

:lmao:

And all the intelligent 5 year olds go on not jumping off buildings :cwink:

"PG13 says it all as Marvel will not put out an R rated movie."

LOL I guess Marvel forgot about The punisher and Blade.

too bad about that scene...it'll be a nice scene in the director's cut

but it's not going to hurt the film. sure its a nice nod to Bruce jone's run on the comics...but I'm not sure it's something an audience would handle too well.

as for comics you gotta love the logic between the media marvel distributes.... lets be careful in our cartoons and movies so that kids can be introduced to our comics where sex and violence is common! :)

Y'know...that's something I never thought about before. I know as a kid, reading The Dark Knight Returns was....quite the experience. Most comics since then, have had a much darker tone in comparison to their movie counterparts. I mean, if they actually ever did make any of these movies EXACTLY like the comics they're based on, it would almost certainly be rated R in most cases. I think the main issue with that though, is the fact that I'm not sure how many NEW kids actually are into comics anymore, which I think allows for the darker tone.

Occasionally when a story is "built up" to be so good that I actually venture back into a comic store, (Bruce Jones' "Hulk":csad:, DK2:cmad:) I never see any kids in it. I see men, my age and older, who grew up on these things still clinging to that part of childhood that meant something to them. Videogames and the internet fill the void for this new generation, while comics used to fill that for most of us who grew up reading them. I actually think thats a big part of the problem with kids today, not enough reading or outside activity, but I digress....

And all the intelligent 5 year olds go on not jumping off buildings :cwink:
Thanks. That makes me feel a little bit better. :yay:
Either way Im not that sad the scene is cut. I read the script and its probably 2-3 mins long and he just spits out the bullet after he Hulks out.

I liked the idea of that scene, but I'm not going to whine about a scene that isn't in there. It would be much worse if there is a scene there that sucks... hope I didn't jinx it.

Look, my nephew is 9 and my niece is 12. I'm taking it you aren't the caretaker of children and you have no idea what scares them. Suicide is way too real and scary a thing to expose my niece and nephew to. It's bad enough I've had to experience this in my own life as an adult. (I'll just say it made local headlines here where I live.) I think the right decision was made so someone like me can have an experience to share with the next generation in my niece and nephew.

so, not to state the obvious, but you do realize you're talking about taking a 9 and a 12 year old to a pg-13 movie, right? there's a reason it's called pg-13

so, not to state the obvious, but you do realize you're talking about taking a 9 and a 12 year old to a pg-13 movie, right? there's a reason it's called pg-13

So, not to be a dick, but, do you really care about the ratings? Also, not to point out the obvious but pg-13 does mean, parental guidance for those under 13....

So, not to be a dick, but, do you really care about the ratings? Also, not to point out the obvious but pg-13 does mean, parental guidance for those under 13....

exactly: parental guidance for those under 13... as in, if you don't think your child who is under 13 doesn't need to see certain things in the movie, don't take them.

he was talking about taking a 9 and 12 year old, and complaining that this particular scene in this pg-13 movie might not be suitable for them... so, what's the obvious solution?

don't take them.

why in the world should the mpaa cater to people for whom the movie wasn't meant? that's idiotic.

exactly: parental guidance for those under 13... as in, if you don't think your child who is under 13 doesn't need to see certain things in the movie, don't take them.

he was talking about taking a 9 and 12 year old, and complaining that this particular scene in this pg-13 movie might not be suitable for them... so, what's the obvious solution?

don't take them.

why in the world should the mpaa cater to people for whom the movie wasn't meant? that's idiotic.

She actually.

They've pandered enough giving the coveted PG-13 rating, which of course, means to most people regardless of what is written: "Go ahead, bring your kid, it's not R."

Two pieces of CGI beating the crap out of each other isn't the same as a human putting a gun in their mouth and pulling the trigger to end their lives.

Exactly right. You simply can't include that scene in the theatrical cut. Kids don't need to see that and Marvel doesn't need the grief. Good call saving it for the DVD.

"PG13 says it all as Marvel will not put out an R rated movie."

LOL I guess Marvel forgot about The punisher and Blade.

Marvel Studios can NOT make an "R" rated movie as per their finance agreement. They can continue to sell character rights to other studios to make them (Lionsgate is making Punisher: War Zone) but no self made movie can be rated "R" by contract. It's not even a choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"