Louis says "Arctic scene was too brutal for movie, but you will see it".

I can't believe the hub-bub-boo over that Artic suicide part. I never cared for the scene anyway, and all it showed was that the Hulk wont let Banner die.

But as I said a while ago, alll these cuts and scenes will be on the DVD whenever we get it.

It did show Hulk peform one of his biggest feats of strength in the movie though. Still I do not mind it won't be in the theatrical cut. We are going to see it at one point whether it be the DVD or online.

Damn... and that was such a nice little reference to Frankenstein's monster as well. :(

I'm disappointed like most. I'm sure the scene could have been cut where it was subtly suggested that Banner was putting a gun to his head, so that we as Adults would get it, but kids wouldn't, but whatever. Studio politics. I'm quite sure they were concerned about kids attempting this for real.....

I'm disappointed like most. I'm sure the scene could have been cut where it was subtly suggested that Banner was putting a gun to his head, so that we as Adults would get it, but kids wouldn't, but whatever. Studio politics. I'm quite sure they were concerned about kids attempting this for real.....

Yeah, some kids thinks if he puts a gun in his mouth and fires he'll turn into the Hulk lol, kids are stupid sometimes......:woot:.

Stupider things have been blamed.

Well they are marketing this movie more towards being a 'superhero movie', so from that standpoint i understand. I just hope that the scene is put back where it was supposed to be, originally, on the un-cut dvd, as opposed to it being on the special features part of the dvd.

Like most, I'm not seeing the necessity of the scene being excised. It read as a pretty strong moment, conveying Bruce's desperation, as well as the strength of ...'the raging spirit that dwells within him'. (Had to be said. :o)

It makes even less sense when you compare the amount of unabashed and direct violence that will be portrayed on screen, inevitably resulting in actual death. Whatever.

No logic to it. Just a question of length. Marvel wants to make the safest film possible so there are cutting it down to the strict minimum.

I think due to the fact that Hulk is still in people's minds, Marvel wants to play it safe and having TIH open with an attempted suicide might not gel with the audience, esp. young kids, which could be one of the reasons they got rid of the scene. It's really too bad, but I can understand their decision to do so.

This movie almost got a R rating!?
...I think the suicide scene is the 'straw that broke the camel's back' so to speak. There are probably a lot of violent scenes and this deleted scene is perhaps one of those scenes that the mpaa thought would need to be cut out to at least warrant a hard PG-13.
Batmanfan already said that the movie was very dark and violent. Which is cool with me, I want to see lots of destruction and Abomination brutally smashing things up.

In another thread, I was damn near was chastised for merely 'suggesting' that Marvel 'may' put out an unrated or R rated edgier version of the movie. Is it a fact that the scene was taken out for rating reasons or merely creative differences?

I'm surprised they didn't try to re-work it to include it in the movie. Granted I haven't seen the movie but I thought it helped set up the later point when Norton wants to jump out of the copter because he knows the Hulk won't let him kill himself.

My thought exactly. It sets that scene up for the Oh $#!+ effect.

Oh no I don't care, I just thought you meant that a cartoon could get away with it and not this. Hence my snappy response. :oldrazz:

In the beginning super heroes had to go into hiding when Mr. Incredible saved a man from his attempted suicide breaking his limbs for which he was sued over.
Oh the jumper guy, hahahahahaha. Forgot about that. Ah, that was timid compared to sticking a gun in your mouth and trying to pull the trigger.

I thought LL said the Arctic footage would be released online for the films promotion?

yeah your right, what the hell happened with that? We got a little over a week left here, I wonder if thats something he still plans on doing?

yeah your right, what the hell happened with that? We got a little over a week left here, I wonder if thats something he still plans on doing?
Now that, would be super cool like a 5 min preview or the cut from the movie. Like maybe they will show us the scene which leads to the movie! That would be sweet! I will ask.

I'm ok with it being cut out. There are other ways to show Banners desperation without opening up that can of worms.

on sci-fi next wed. (5-11-08) duruing new episode of ghost hunters theyre showing a 3 minute scene from the movie !

Any links to MovieStop's website?

2 out of 3 sound reasonable.. Iron Man -- not even remotely close.

From what I understand, it's GameStop but for movies. So, I'd like to know their source.

I'll have to check Video Retailer to see if there's any info.

It seems very hard to believe Hulks DVD would come out before Iron Man. Especially if a source is a retailer and not the manufacturer or distributer, and nothing has been released.

"PG13 says it all as Marvel will not put out an R rated movie."

LOL I guess Marvel forgot about The punisher and Blade.

too bad about that scene...it'll be a nice scene in the director's cut

but it's not going to hurt the film. sure its a nice nod to Bruce jone's run on the comics...but I'm not sure it's something an audience would handle too well.

as for comics you gotta love the logic between the media marvel distributes.... lets be careful in our cartoons and movies so that kids can be introduced to our comics where sex and violence is common! :)

"PG13 says it all as Marvel will not put out an R rated movie."

LOL I guess Marvel forgot about The punisher and Blade.

too bad about that scene...it'll be a nice scene in the director's cut

but it's not going to hurt the film. sure its a nice nod to Bruce jone's run on the comics...but I'm not sure it's something an audience would handle too well.

as for comics you gotta love the logic between the media marvel distributes.... lets be careful in our cartoons and movies so that kids can be introduced to our comics where sex and violence is common! :)

I don't think it's because Marvel won't put out a R-rated movie (since as you mentioned they did it before), but TIH is intended to be PG-13 and that scene would probably push it into R terroritory, so Marvel had to edit it out. It's unfortunate, but I look forward to see it on DVD.

I always thought the word was the arctic scene they cut involved Hulk fighting a whale or something.

If that scene would have had the rating for the film go up then it was wise to remove the scene. Kids do not want to see someone [blackout]put a gun in their mouth and shoot themselves[/blackout]. It would be too brutal but then you have Hulk [blackout]stabbing[/blackout] Abomination [blackout]in the chest[/blackout] which is also brutal. :huh:

Two pieces of CGI beating the crap out of each other isn't the same as a human putting as gun in their mouth and pulling the trigger to end their lives.

Yeah, some kids thinks if he puts a gun in his mouth and fires he'll turn into the Hulk lol, kids are stupid sometimes......:woot:.

Lol, any kid dumb enough to think that would deserve to die. Natural selection, survival of the fittest and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"