Lounge of Justice - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I derive no pleasure from hating things I grew up loving, but if you believe otherwise you're free to put me on ignore.

Eh, hate is a strong thang for me. I'm probably going soft or just kinda tired of the cbm genre and can over see the flaws in most of these films and enjoy most of them now. Too tired to nitpick anymore. lol

I honestly stopped nitpicking after Rises.

Hell, I never thought I would ever see Batman interacting with any other hero on screen. i always wanted to see Keaton's Bat meet Superman and even hnngh at the pure mention of metropolis in those goddamn Schumacher films. And this is just a big rant/ rambling from me, man. I just cant hate or take sides in this lame DC/Marvel war. Sure, most folks want validation on their feelings toward stuff, but i liked BvS and Skwad regardless... and the first jour of so F4 was solid. Hell, my favorite cbm is still Blade.

*awaits nolan fans to jump me*

I'm gonna go smoke some funk, mayne.

First two Blade movies are great. The third part was really bad even though some of the concepts were decent.

Charlize, man. She's age appropriate to act off Affleck and shes' both a fantastic actress and hot to boot. I'd accept Emily Blunt too even though she's in her early thirties.

Charlize got a good working relationship with WB too and she was the MVP of Fury Road.

Lol.

Seeing Charlize with Affleck reminds me of that lame film they made in the early 00's. His name was Rudolph in that film.

Gemma Arteton would be good too, but I remember she blew off her Catwoman audition by not showing up.

Eh, hate is a strong thang for me. I'm probably going soft or just kinda tired of the cbm genre and can over see the flaws in most of these films and enjoy most of them now. Too tired to nitpick anymore. lol

I honestly stopped nitpicking after Rises.

Hell, I mever thought I would ever see Batman interacting with any other hero on screen. i always wanted to see Keaton's Bat meet Superman and even hnngh at the pure mention of metropolis in those goddamn Schumacher films. And this is just a big rant/ rambling from me, man. I just cant hate or take sides in this lame DC/Marvel war. Sure, most folks want validation on their feelings toward stuff, but i liked BvS and Skwad regardless... and the first jour of so F4 was solid. Hell, my favorite cbm is still Blade.

*awaits nolan fans to jump me*

I'm gonna go smoke some funk, mayne.
I'll reel back the word "hate", as there's very few things in life I hate. Severe disappointment and frustration would be a more apt description.

But, and this is important, it's not about picking sides. It's not about Marvel vs. DC. It's about the genre of superhero movies, a genre I am sincerely passionate about, and the ways I feel WB is wasting the immense potential they have. This is the same studio that gave us the best film the genre will probably ever see. I don't want critics and audiences put off by a string of bad superhero movies because I really, really want both companies to keep cranking these things out long after I'm in the ground.

Blade II was off the chain. And I see where you're coming from with the Skwad analogy.

Kate Beckinsale
Rebecca Ferguson
Paula Patton....but since she will never be considered, I'm going with another hot white gal...Eva Green. She is too on the nose casting but i like it.

Eva Green is another great option, I do agree that she's a little "too on the nose", tho....as is Angelina Jolie, who was my favorite option a few years ago...

Polux

Kate Beckinsale
Rebecca Ferguson
Paula Patton....but since she will never be considered, I'm going with another hot white gal...Eva Green. She is too on the nose casting but i like it.

:cmad: You'd better have good reasoning for this ****** talk.

Batman: Telltale.

If you have a gaming platform get it ASAP.

[YT]HFXfBdJlCv0[/YT]

Last edited:
Blade II was off the chain. And I see where you're coming from with the Skwad analogy.

They even have the silent one with a katana.
blade2-bloodpack-sm.jpg

Lol.

Seeing Charlize with Affleck reminds me of that lame film they made in the early 00's. His name was Rudolph in that film.

Gemma Arteton would be good too, but I remember she blew off her Catwoman audition by not showing up.

I wouldn't call Reindeer games lame, it was good until that nonsense twist at the end.

Last edited:
Unpopular (or maybe popular) opinion, if B&R was released in today's landscape with the rise of Marvel camp, I think it would've done $1b :oldrazz:
It should.
B&R is the greatest CBM ever made.
:oldrazz:

Don't say I don't do anything for th female contingent on here.

CpI9sfCXYAAqF2E.jpg:large

Your efforts are much appreciated Fallen, but nothing compares to this eyeball-searing hotness...happy birthday Michael Shannon, 42 years old today :ilv:

zS7QVKG.jpg

Did someone mention Blade? The original is one of my favourite films, I must have seen it a frillion times. Out of so many great things, I love that the female lead isn't a love interest but uses her intelligence to help Blade and defeat Frost. I love GDT but nothing imo compares to the original, it was ahead of its time. I want to go watch it again now! :woot:

He’s Palestinian. She’s Israeli. Both Of Them Incorrectly Summarize The Movie ‘Blade.’
[YT]lvssfK8nal4[/YT]

I just got back from Suicide Squad.

It was a bad movie, but I actually more or less enjoyed it. I think I enjoyed it more for the film I could see through the cracks than the film that actually made it to the screen.

The action was mediocre (the Squad didn't really distinguish themselves in most of the scenes), the script--or what was left of it--was paper thin, the villains were the worst sort of generic, and half of the Squad's personalities and backstories were obviously left on the cutting room floor.

All that said, I liked most of the content that actually made it to the screen. When I think about Batman V Superman, which I hated but would argue was a better constructed film, the reason I despise it is because of the content that made it to the screen. The director's cut did nothing for me, because what I hated about that film was it's firmament. No director's cut could ever save me from Bat-Trump and mute Superman.

By contrast, I liked what Suicide Squad had to offer, but hated the fact that so much was clearly missing. It definitely felt like a good film that became a bad film in the editing room. I would love to see a director's cut. This film was bones; all the meat was cut because somebody had a kneejerk reaction after the response to BVS. Even so, there are parts that really shine. I loved Deadshoot, Waller, and El Diablo. I really wanted to see more of Croc. I feel like I needed to see more of the Joker to get a grasp of him.

After MOS, I said the film wasn't great but that I wanted to see a sequel because it's flaws were fixable, and the cast deserved a better film. That's the same feeling I have here. Even though Suicide Squad wasn't very good, I think it has the potential to be very good.

I really hope Wonder Woman is finally the DC film that actually ahcieves very good.

I too went to see Skawd and I'll give it a 7/10. Out of the three DCEU films it's at #3.

I'd give it more of a 4 or 5. It's a terrible, trite, example of misguided corporate filmmaking that isn't even very good at being an action film... With just enough charm from it's major players that I, somewhat in explicably, enjoyed it.

It kind of makes me ill that the DCEU bar of quality is so low, but at the same time I can't complain too much about a film I don't regret watching. I can't shake the desire to see a bigger, better Squad film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"