Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 82

Status
Not open for further replies.
There really is no sweetspot with TT adaptations, unless Young Justice retroactively counts as a TT thing.
I do include the 2000's animated series in that equation.
Young Justice uses members of the Teen Titans, so it sure counts.

DD S3

this has to be the greatest season of a live action comic book adaptation.... ever. My god.
Better than even the best season of Walking Dead?

DD S3

this has to be the greatest season of a live action comic book adaptation.... ever.
I’m halfway now, and if it carries on at the same level I think it might set a new high, at least among the shows I’ve seen. It’s mainly competing against it own prior 2 seasons anyway lol.

It's rather ironic that out of All Batman actors, Ben Affleck never got a solo Batman movie even though he is the only actor who is a true Batman fan.
Affleck has had absolutely terrible luck with both Daredevil and Batman. Batman is more jarring for me as he naturally had all the goods to make that role a success with the right material. And then he must see the other versions done in recent times - Nolan Batman and Netflix Daredevil - and be wondering how he missed out. :(

There's a shot in season 3 that I absolutely loved.

I’m going to watch the rest of it now. Just started episode 8.

Is the meat grinder in the pencil skirt still as awesome as before? I loved Marci in the last seasons. lol She was probably my favorite supporting character on the show.

Episode 4, 6, 10, and 13 were my favorites. They deserve all the praise.

Is the meat grinder in the pencil skirt still as awesome as before? I loved Marci in the last seasons. lol She was probably my favorite supporting character on the show.
Yeah she’s great.

Episode 4, 6, 10, and 13 were my favorites. They deserve all the praise.
10 is soon for me but I can definitely say 4 and 6 were bloody amazing.

Finished DDS3....

faint.gif

This is just peak Marvel and peak superhero TV. Hands down.

Easily on par with S1, all meat no filler; I actually never read Bullseye in the comics, but they made him a 100 times more interesting than I thought he'd be. I have nothing but love for every single second, aspect and frame of this season, absolutely masterful, kept me on the edge of my seat every second.

giphy.webp

Trying to decide between Apostle or The Night Comes for Us now....I'll save Titans episode 2 for tomorrow...

Mmmm....

Finished DDS3....

faint.gif

Easily on par with S1, all meat no filler; I actually never read Bullseye in the comics, but they made him a 100 times more interesting than I thought he'd be. I have nothing but love for every single second, aspect and frame of this season, absolutely masterful, kept me on the edge of my seat every second.

giphy.webp

Dude, I just finished gushing my heart out in the Spoiler Thread over there about it. This was absolutely incredible television. I gave it a 10/10. Everything about it was just executed to perfection. I know I keep saying this and people keep thinking I'm crazy but Daredevil really is Nolan Batman level stuff....but Nolan only WISHES he had the kind of fight scenes that Daredevil has. Best comic book show ever. I'm afraid that this will ruin any other show I watch now. I'm about to go try to watch the first two episodes of Titans.

Finished DDS3....

faint.gif

Read Daredevil vol 1 #168-191.

You're welcome.

Dude, I just finished gushing my heart out in the Spoiler Thread over there about it. This was absolutely incredible television. I gave it a 10/10. Everything about it was just executed to perfection. I know I keep saying this and people keep thinking I'm crazy but Daredevil really is Nolan Batman level stuff....but Nolan only WISHES he had the kind of fight scenes that Daredevil has. Best comic book show ever. I'm afraid that this will ruin any other show I watch now. I'm about to go try to watch the first two episodes of Titans.

Agree with every word in this post, kjuju.

Read Daredevil vol 1 #168-191.

You're welcome.

Is that the saga this season is based on?? I read somewhere that this season is based on a specific storyline, but don't know which one.

I only read a couple of random DD comics as a kid, enough to find the character really interesting but never really read anything else.

Finished DDS3....

faint.gif

giphy.webp
I fell asleep till almost 8pm after finishing my marathon earlier today. What a ride. This is top quality stuff with awesome character work, endless tension, twists, great action etc. As you say it’s all meat and no filler, which makes it very difficult to stop watching. Bullseye, Kingpin and Daredevil were all on absolutely top form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"