Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy way to forget Superman. Bring on the new phase of DC. Women lead movies.

M2P0yw9.jpg

Watching Daredevil makes me wanna see DC try to properly compete with Marvel with their tv offerings. Imagine a Batman or even Nightwing show of the same caliber of production quality. I think Titans was supposed to be their answer to Daredevil but...eh...not quite. At least not yet.

I'm liking Titans way more than I thought I would but it does need more refinement. Right now the "grit" still makes it seem like it's trying a bit too hard to seem adult rather than a natural function of the world.

Though all in all I do have to say that I find DC's TV output better, if for no other reason than they didn't put any duds as massive as Iron Fist or The Inhumans. In fact I've always felt that while Marvel is far more successful than DC on the big screen, the small screen is DC's domain where they run circles around Marvel for the most part (especially on the animated front).

I'm liking Titans way more than I thought I would but it does need more refinement. Right now the "grit" still makes it seem like it's trying a bit too hard to seem adult rather than a natural function of the world.

Though all in all I do have to say that I find DC's TV output better, if for no other reason than they didn't put any duds as massive as Iron Fist or The Inhumans. In fact I've always felt that while Marvel is far more successful than DC on the big screen, the small screen is DC's domain where they run circles around Marvel for the most part (especially on the animated front).
That's kind of understandable mainly because when the general public thinks of the Titans they mostly picture this:

So I can understand that.

There really is no sweetspot with TT adaptations, unless Young Justice retroactively counts as a TT thing.
I do include the 2000's animated series in that equation.

That's kind of understandable mainly because when the general public thinks of the Titans they mostly picture this:

So I can understand that.

And I understand that. There's nothing wrong with trying to do a grittier or more adult take when it's handled competently. For the most part I do think Titans has handled it decently, but there are definitely times where it tries so hard that it makes me chuckle a bit. To quote The Simpsons, "The whole thing wreaks of effort." I would compare that to something like the Nolan Batman movies or Logan, which were both extremely dark and grounded but never felt like the creators were going over the top trying to beat you over the head with "These aren't your daddy's superheroes!"

One major thing in Titans' favor though is that there are the bits of humor and character interactions sprinkled throughout, which seems like a wise decision to keep things from getting too navel gazey.

Easy way to forget Superman. Bring on the new phase of DC. Women lead movies.

M2P0yw9.jpg

I don't know why so many people keep acting like a well-done Supergirl movie won't be a slam dunk. It's easy money.

And I understand that. There's nothing wrong with trying to do a grittier or more adult take when it's handled competently. For the most part I do think Titans has handled it decently, but there are definitely times where it tries so hard that it makes me chuckle a bit. To quote The Simpsons, "The whole thing wreaks of effort." I would compare that to something like the Nolan Batman movies or Logan, which were both extremely dark and grounded but never felt like the creators were going over the top trying to beat you over the head with "These aren't your daddy's superheroes!"

One major thing in Titans' favor though is that there are the bits of humor and character interactions sprinkled throughout, which seems like a wise decision to keep things from getting too navel gazey.
I got that with Nolan Bats & Logan, though. Nolan Bats is particularly campy when it came down to levity or even in certain cases where the intent is "serious", but then you hear the way the line is delivered for example. Logan definitely wouldn't be the same if the characters weren't as delightfully sardonic.

DD S3

this has to be the greatest season of a live action comic book adaptation.... ever. My god.

Reactions: MbJ
I don't know why so many people keep acting like a well-done Supergirl movie won't be a slam dunk. It's easy money.
Because a well-done any movie could be a slam dunk, and so far WB's only one is WW.

♪ Come together~ ♫

I wanna know is there any reason why Affleck even attends these things? I just wanna know if it's just him fulfilling obligations, out of his own will, or could be a sign of things to come? Is WB involved with these lineups? I mean if they're gonna recast the guy, why keep bringing Ben in front of the fans in relation to that character. It doesn't really make sense unless it's pointing towards him staying on board for the solo.

I wanna know is there any reason why Affleck even attends these things? I just wanna know if it's just him fulfilling obligations, out of his own will, or could be a sign of things to come? Is WB involved with these lineups? I mean if they're gonna recast the guy, why keep bringing Ben in front of the fans in relation to that character. It doesn't really make sense unless it's pointing towards him staying on board for the solo.

If he is appearing in several Comic Cons out of his contractual obligations, then why Cavill is not doing the same thing ?

those easy paychecks to sign some stuff, take some pics and hang out with your bromoa and the half computer guy

must be good living

those easy paychecks to sign some stuff, take some pics and hang out with your bromoa and the half computer guy

must be good living
Cavill is missing all that. Way to make things harder for yourself than they really are..

Superman & Supergirl in a CW crossover episode, hope herolee is happy now..

Dp_HpvOVsAEFAYo.jpg:large

I think henry is prepping for the witcher tv show at the moment

would make sense why he can't take part in those kinds of events

♪ Come together~ ♫

Cant wait for the awkward Snydercut questions from the fans.

Because a well-done any movie could be a slam dunk, and so far WB's only one is WW.

Sure. But that's an execution issue. I'm talking more of the seeming bitterness and the constant stream of "Supergirl will never replace Superman!" comments I keep seeing.

Is WB involved with these lineups? I mean if they're gonna recast the guy, why keep bringing Ben in front of the fans in relation to that character. It doesn't really make sense unless it's pointing towards him staying on board for the solo.

WB has pretty much no involvement in cons like these. Unless there is an official WB panel then it's usually just a result of reaching out to the celebs. As for Ben, he truly seems to like being a superhero. Sure maybe not the way things unfortunately shook out, but he's been a superhero nerd for a long time and seems to really enjoy interacting with other fans.

I recall they got him to write the foreward for a collected edition of Frank Miller's Daredevil, back in the day, and he talked about how formative those comics were in his youth.

WB has pretty much no involvement in cons like these. Unless there is an official WB panel then it's usually just a result of reaching out to the celebs. As for Ben, he truly seems to like being a superhero. Sure maybe not the way things unfortunately shook out, but he's been a superhero nerd for a long time and seems to really enjoy interacting with other fans.

I recall they got him to write the foreward for a collected edition of Frank Miller's Daredevil, back in the day, and he talked about how formative those comics were in his youth.
It's rather ironic that out of All Batman actors, Ben Affleck never got a solo Batman movie even though he's the only actor who is a true Batman fan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back