• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 83

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I could cut out Jen Garner's Elektra, DD would be just right for a cbm.
Don't care for either Elektra, character-wise.

Honestly, I didn't totally hate her. :p

original.gif

Oh my lawdy lord that last episode of Titans

The batfamily is EVERYTHING, my friends. EVERYTHING.

Nice. Im gonna watch when I get home tonight. Im assuming Jason Todd didnt disappoint?

First ever non Dick Grayson, live action Robin

I didnt know Widows was getting such good reviews. I checked RT and its sitting at 92%. Tbh, I thought it was gonna be one of those fun but forgettable thrillers (which I have a soft spot for) from the way it looked but seems like this one might be something unique...

Honestly, I didn't totally hate her. :p

original.gif
Biel, Alba, Garner - :bow:. Just seemed weird her performance wasn't remotely up to par as the rest. Girl next door trying to be a badass rather than the feisty she-devil.

I didnt know Widows was getting such good reviews. I checked RT and its sitting at 92%. Tbh, I thought it was gonna be one of those fun but forgettable thrillers (which I have a soft spot for) from the way it looked but seems like this one might be something unique...
It is co-written by Gillian Flynn, author of Gone Girl (directed by Fincher) and Sharp Objects. I doubt Widows is going to be forgettable. :yay:

And directed by Steve McQueen. He doesn’t do junk food movies.

giphy.gif

I dare y'all to come up with a better reply.

Saw Fantastic Beast 2.

Y'all know how excited I was for this. But honestly this is a mixed bag. There are things I loved...absolutely loved. And then there are thing that are just plain weird...and made me go, "surely JK wouldnt write this?".

Jude Law was the best thing about this movie. Great cinematography(best in the series dare i say?), great music, solid performance from Depp surprisingly. The bad? Terrible editing(Weird cuts, reminded me of SS and BvS TC), and overstuffed story.

Hopefully there is an extended cut, or things are explained in the future.

Even better than the Half Blood Prince? Because the cinematography for that film was definitely the best in the HP series and one of the best shot movies out there IMO.

If I could cut out Jen Garner's Elektra, DD would be just right for a cbm.
Don't care for either Elektra, character-wise.

I like Elektra in the Netflix series. She brings out a darker, interesting side in Matthew, and it's interesting to watch Matthew wrestle with his love for her and knowledge that she's bad for him.

I like Elektra in the Netflix series. She brings out a darker, interesting side in Matthew, and it's interesting to watch Matthew wrestle with his love for her and knowledge that she's bad for him.

Yeah. Elodie is a much better Elektra.

Frank Miller won't watch this new Daredevil but he cameos in that 2003 movie, lol.

Well, I didn't expect Venom to be a success so who knows...

heh, weird...guess my noifications aren't working
I like Elektra in the Netflix series. She brings out a darker, interesting side in Matthew, and it's interesting to watch Matthew wrestle with his love for her and acknowledge that she's bad for him.
It's one step forward and not much else. Elodie is spunkier (more what I expect from Wasp) and trying to get him in worse situations because that's the "hero" thing to do, my only worthwhile takeaway from season 2 - Punisher does it before the bad guy gets worse & Elektra does it for the thrill of it. She's off the mark due to the lack of domineering presence.

Well, I didn't expect Venom to be a success so who knows...

Venom at least had the popularity and the "cool" factor going for him. Morbius is gonna be a tough sell....unless they elect to "Twilight" him.

heh, weird...guess my noifications aren't working

Forum's also stuck in the past. You click on the link and you're taken to the highlighted old post and not the recent one.
9PpBlO0r_o.gif

wSOGtQZd_o.png

7REhKsxD_o.png

1cv0lVkf_o.png

It hasn't totally gone off the rails tho. I'm still getting notifications for all the likes I get so that's good but I haven't been notified when someone quotes/replies to me.

The difference between Morbius and a character like Venom is that Venom is at least a character who works as a leading man, or is at least easier to build a movie around. As much as people complained about Spider-Man not being in his origin, Eddie Brock still has villains, love interests, a supporting cast and memorable stories to pull from. And of course, the character was already incredibly popular. I could not not name a single Morbius villain or memorable solo Morbius story if you put a gun to my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"