Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 83

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forum's also stuck in the past. You click on the link and you're taken to the highlighted old post and not the recent one.
9PpBlO0r_o.gif

wSOGtQZd_o.png

7REhKsxD_o.png

1cv0lVkf_o.png

It hasn't totally gone off the rails tho. I'm still getting notifications for all the likes I get so that's good but I haven't been notified when someone quotes/replies to me.
gosh darn hackers
The difference between Morbius and a character like Venom is that Venom is at least a character who works as a leading man, or is at least easier to build a movie around. As much as people complained about Spider-Man not being in his origin, Eddie Brock still has villains, love interests, a supporting cast and memorable stories to pull from. And of course, the character was already incredibly popular. I could not not name a single Morbius villain or memorable solo Morbius story if you put a gun to my head.
His gimmick is that he's Kirk Langstrom Batman from JL Gods & Monsters. You can certainly build a movie off of that; body horror science experiments gone awry is a subgenre. I'm more curious to see how they show his powers since the Dracula Untold guys are working on that with the director of Life.

Simon Pegg Explains His Thoughts After Watching 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi': "I Miss George Lucas"

“There was an odd thing with [‘The Last Jedi’] in that the people who didn’t like it were sort of being gaslighted by the people that did like it, who were just dismissing their complaints about the film as being fanboy b**thurt. And yet, the whole thing is just eating itself in a hideous cultural soup,” Pegg explained.

“I must admit, watching [‘The Last Jedi’], the overriding feeling I got when I came out was, ‘I miss George Lucas.’ For all the complaining that I’d done about him in the prequels, there was something amazing about his imagination,” said Pegg.

“Those first three [‘Star Wars’] films were the product of real collaboration,” he discussed, mentioning how producers Gary Kurtz and Alan Ladd, Jr. contributed to the Original Trilogy. “Then with the prequels, it was like, ‘Do what you want!’ And without someone to steer him in the right direction, it did overflow into slightly muddled kind of less elegance. But I do feel like his voice is missing from the current ones.”

Lemme know how that is @harlequinade . I wanna see it. I'm a sucker for these kind of movies.

Gather around children for another tale of Harle watching a movie

The chairs! I went to the new cinema where the seats were horrible and so high my feet didn't touch the ground. Harle is smol, remember. Also the screen was so close and the sound was LOUD. The film begins with Viola and geriatric Liam in bed and suddenly it cuts to the botched heist and I jumped so high

The previews! There were promos for whole bunch of Polish crap, Creed II, not a sign of my boo but I did see, for the first time that Alita whatever thing and why is Mahershala there he is too good for this

The movie! I give it 7/10. McQueen's style, "Shame" aside, is not my thing." Shame" was more focused, here we suddenly jump to supporting characters and we lose focus of the titular Widows. Like there's a sermon scene all of the sudden or really weird tricks like when Farrell gets in the car and instead of following him the camera shows us the neighborhood which is just really distracting. Zimmer's score is basically just one melody that plays few times lol The soundtrack itself features a lot of great songs, though

The writing is good but it's not focused on women's issues, as I was assuming it will be given that Flynn co-wrote it, but other issues. There's a lot of politics, struggles of minorities, police brutality etc. Imho there was just too much there

The acting is fantastic, though. Everyone is terrific. Kaluuya is getting Oscar buzz for this which imho is not deserved, he is very good, very intense but it;s quite a one dimensional character and he is not even in the movie a lot - again, because the story is so unfocused, there are so many people not even the Widows themselves get enough screen time. Davis is as always wonderful but the real standout is Debicki. The woman is a goddess - towering height aside there is a scene where she walks in in a skin tight dress and WOAH. It makes sense she is half Polish :spectaculardivapose: She plays the most interesting character - the writing helps but it's her amazing mix of innocence and strength that really makes her great to watch. She has awesome chemistry with Davis and the film's best scenes involve them.
I wish we saw Alice smile back in the ending, Veronica deserved a friend!

The dog is A STAR, seriously she was better than most human actors. All in all it is worth seeing and I will be rooting for Debicki in the Oscar season

Damn I have like 18 movies left to see until I can publish my annual epic Best and Worst list and I already cannot decide who I liked better - Debicki or Lively in A Simple Favor

Interesting regarding Cryer playing Lex. For some reason, I can actually picture Cryer going dark in this role and playing sort of.....an older Jesse Eisenberg version of Lex. A quirky, unstable but powerful guy who you never know is gonna burst.

I can see it.

Interesting regarding Cryer playing Lex. For some reason, I can actually picture Cryer going dark in this role and playing sort of.....an older Jesse Eisenberg version of Lex. A quirky, unstable but powerful guy who you never know is gonna burst.

I can see it.
Ugh. I can't stand the unstable take of Lex Luthor. Lex is a really complex villain. Very little should unwind him. And his methodical planning is what makes and breaks Superman. He's a relatable version of Doctor Doom, to me.

Better yet, Lex is DC's Wilson Fisk but turned up to 11. And far more ambitious.

LOL yea, there are times in the netflix DD show where u go wow Wilson Fisk is such a mastermind crime boss. so professional.

but then he goes and f***s it all up for himself by doing some rank amateur move like committing an unnecessary murder.

like yo you could've simply reprimanded or gave this dood a warning - but you had to separate his head from his shoulders with your car door just because he interrupted your dinner date.

Yeah, they're both unstable, Fisk is just better written and acted. I actually don't mind the idea of Lex being unstable; it was the execution that turned most people off.

Lex has always been unstable too though. He keeps a cool calm composure in public but God forbid that pesky alien gets under his skin one day and you just happen to be a lowly errand boy in his prescence in private. That'll be the last errand you run, ever. Lol

Django Prepare a Coffin

CNDQdlC.jpg

Sweet lawd. Once you go into the DJango rabbit hole, it is very difficult to keep up. Over dozens of films with said character. DJango fights the kkk, Django fights his twin brother, Django fights demonic sexy vampires. Django fights gay cowboys. This movie in particular is the closest to a sequel the film series ever got. Fast paced and straight to the point. The film stars Terence Hill in the title role, which was previously played by Franco Nero in Sergio Corbucci's original film. For those bastahs who don't know or simply don't care, he made a small cameo in Django Unchained, the gentleman who loses the mandigo fight to Candie and later has a brief talk with Django. Anyway, in this film our hero Django pretends to be dead and starts working as a hangman, who spares the lives of the condemned victims. He organises them in a band to ”haunt” the perjurers that sent them to the gallow. I really dug this! I mean, the gloss over so quickly all them emotional moments that it comes off as a joke, but Django ain't got time for that, he has a machine gun in a goddamn coffin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"