• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 83

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what ya mean, brotha.

tumblr_pfh6rmgLVI1udai0g_1280.jpg

No idea how reliable of a source this is, assuming it's reliable at all. With that in mind, Disney could do a lot worse than hire the up-and-coming director poised to reinvigorate the Transformers franchise w/ his refreshing take on Bumblebee.

EXCLUSIVE: Disney/Marvel Are Looking At Travis Knight To Direct ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 3’

Edit: As per Umberto Gonzalez, there's no truth to the story. Make of that what you will.
Big shoes to fill and I hope Bumblebee delivers on the promise of its trailer. I would love for Guardians to continue without missing a beat and help push the MCU’s cosmic side with Cap Marvel, Eternals and other upcoming projects (hopefully F4).

No? What happened?
Nothing too crazy. Let's just say articulacy isn't his strong point. lol Also, he referred to BvS as having "shades of white power." I can't post the video here, though, as it contains an F-bomb (courtesy of the late Jon Schnepp). Just google 'Adi Shankar Cut Collider.'

Big shoes to fill and I hope Bumblebee delivers on the promise of its trailer.

I have a feeling it will, and I say that as someone who was never big on the live-action Transformers movies to begin with. This one appears to better capture the essence of the Generation One line.

I would love for Guardians to continue without missing a beat and help push the MCU’s cosmic side with Cap Marvel, Eternals and other upcoming projects (hopefully F4).

Yeah, I'm curious how Marvel goes about addressing Drax's absence. I'm sure, that prior to whole Gunn fiasco, they were planning on his eventual return to the land of the living; but given the status quo, it might behoove all parties concerned to leave him dead now. lol

Drax would presumably be one of the easier characters to recast given all the body paint and skin prosthetics.

Drax would presumably be one of the easier characters to recast given all the body paint and skin prosthetics.
Yeah, I didn't even think of that. Good call.

Eh, I do think BvS had a white power thing going on. I always thought it was intentional though and cast in a clear negative light.

I’ve had a few whiskeys though so don’t mind me.

Also a close friend of mine has a single roommate that looks just like Gal Gadot. Ima ruin this friendship fam.

Eh, I do think BvS had a white power thing going on. I always thought it was intentional though and cast in a clear negative light.

I’ve had a few whiskeys though so don’t mind me.

Also a close friend of mine has a single roommate that looks just like Gal Gadot. Ima ruin this friendship fam.

I saw it as a pent-up conflict between two sides, an age-old social hierarchy (represented by Lex, Bruce, et al.) and a more current cultural diffusion embodied in Superman, the ultimate immigrant if you will. Perhaps that's what Shankar was trying to get at. The thing is, BvS's whole message acts as a warning against those who would seek to stoke division/sow discord through the agency of disinformation and what have you. It's not as if the filmmakers were encouraging that kind of behavior, which is how this guy made it sound. lol

Whatever the case, you've got to see the original episode in its entirety to appreciate just how awkward that exchange was, not just because of the BvS stuff, mind you.

Given the circumstance, I'm sure your friend will understand. If not...

giphy.gif

I want a recast and a character reboot, which is never not the case. RIP comic relief

Shankar will do justice to the franchise. The first image he put on IG was of DMC3 Dante, so I wonder if I should get my hopes up for the dopest scene of the series to make it on the show. :word:

I have a feeling it will, and I say that as someone who was never big on the live-action Transformers movies to begin with. This one appears to better capture the essence of the Generation One line.

Yeah, I'm curious how Marvel goes about addressing Drax's absence. I'm sure, that prior to whole Gunn fiasco, they were planning on his eventual return to the land of the living; but given the status quo, it might behoove all parties concerned to leave him dead now. lol
I’m optimistic for it, and I was pretty much done with Transformers films otherwise. It’s a shame as I liked Batista as Drax but I wouldn’t have been surprised if Avengers had been his natural end given how his storyline was all about avenging his family against Thanos.

17 years from the release of the JL animated series. Good times.

Maybe it's been bought up, i haven't scrolled back and checked... Ezra Miller, his recent costumes/outfits on the red carpet, latest playboy mag interview and images... you think it'll make no difference on him being/staying as the flash or it will? Let's try and think of the broader picture - will DC exec's be happy, not bothered or wondering what step to take.

Personally, i feel it may alienate some audiences but also bring in others - sometimes it's difficult for some to seperate the art from the artist, others want the actor to embody the character. For me, it's bold.... but, then, it's Ezra, would you expect anything different (albiet maybe not quite that level - looking at you, darth vadar jacket lol).

I don't think he is right for the role of Barry Allen, however, he could have been an awesome Dick Grayson... but, that's a whole other thread.

Maybe it's been bought up, i haven't scrolled back and checked... Ezra Miller, his recent costumes/outfits on the red carpet, latest playboy mag interview and images... you think it'll make no difference on him being/staying as the flash or it will? Let's try and think of the broader picture - will DC exec's be happy, not bothered or wondering what step to take.

Personally, i feel it may alienate some audiences but also bring in others - sometimes it's difficult for some to seperate the art from the artist, others want the actor to embody the character. For me, it's bold.... but, then, it's Ezra, would you expect anything different (albiet maybe not quite that level - looking at you, darth vadar jacket lol).

I don't think he is right for the role of Barry Allen, however, he could have been an awesome Dick Grayson... but, that's a whole other thread.

But why would that bother you or anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"