Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 88

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like we should all have Schumacher Batman avatars.
giphy.gif

I thought the Bat creature in Batman Forever looked more scary than the Bat-Demons in Batman Begins and BvS.

brucewithbigbat.jpg

batman-scary-slice-600x200.jpg

Hopefully, Matt Reeves will think about including Man-Bat as one of the villains in his Bat-movies.

Get Andy Serkis to perform and work with WETA for the same effects as the Apes movies. Would look amazing, frightening and realistic as hell.

But then we wouldn't have Harvey drinking out of two champagne glasses simultaneously.

tumblr_n8waydcJIl1rrkahjo5_r1_250.gif

TWTLrt7.gif

Don't know much about her. Is that good or bad?
Dunno but in any case, Walter Hamada is the person in-charge of DCEU and DC movies, she is taking place of Kevin Tsujihara.

Bringing someone from outside the company has it's advantages tho, she will not be influenced by inner politics of WB and will take decisions neutrally.

Edit: With WB's streaming service to be launched soon, her background from BBC will be helpful and I think JJ Abram's deal for WB will also be useful to develop new content for their streaming service.

It's a prequel but shouldn't be watched before.
The series is about investigating the murder of Laura Palmer.
Fire Walk With Me is a film the follows the last week of her life, don't watch it until the series has revealed who killed her, otherwise you are in for gargantuan spoilers.
I'd recommend watching it between Twin Peaks and Twin Peaks:The Return.
Thanks man, the last thing I wanted was to spoil something for myself ;)

Mulholland Drive is one of my favourite movies ever. If you haven't seen it in English yet, then I highly recommend it. Blue Velvet is also a great movie and one of the best I have ever seen.
Those two movies I've been wanting to watch for the longest time, but they're simply not available at the moment on neither of the services I use, and instead of using illegal streaming services (which I'm trying not to do anymore), I figured might as well watch the gazillion other things available which I'm already paying for, and just wait until other stuff comes up...

I actually just rewatched American Psycho the other day; I've almost forgotten how good that movie is and how insanely good Bale is in it, but one thing I think I haven't noticed before...it's how hilarious the movie is!! Last time I saw it was many, many years ago, and I guess my sense of humor hasn't matured into the dark hole of existence where all souls vanish which is nowadays, but man, this is some real black humor! Bale's performance seen as dramatic is great, but when you see it from the comedic point of view, it's simply incredible :ilv: and I remember seeing Mary Harron mention that all the killings in the movie were real and that she regretted not making that perfectly clear, but once you accept the absurdity of the comedic tone of the movie from the get go, it's quite easy to see how someone like Bateman could perfectly get away with murder.... since nobody else really cares.

I used to love that movie, but now I love it even more... and what an amazing feeling that it!

I often feel like YJ is the only "classic" superhero show left. I still mourn SSM's demise, brother.

Thats what I love about DC, they still take their animation stuff seriously and make something kids and adults can enjoy.

I often feel like YJ is the only "classic" superhero show left. I still mourn SSM's demise, brother.
Spectacular Spider-Man?? I don't think I've ever seen it, I'm not the biggest Spidey fan, to be honest... just now the missus and I turned on Homecoming during dinner, I suggested thinking she hasn't seen it, but she thought she could "remember" what happened so we just stopped 5 minutes in... there was no need... :o

YJ is definitely the only one (that I know of) right now keeping the tradition of the Timmverse of taking these characters/stories seriously, without dumbing them down or filling them with childish humor (not a jab, I like my childish humor every now and then); it's funny, when it comes to this classic, uber-mainstream characters like Superman and others, the darker, more dramatic and adult version with almost no humor (or jokes, for that matter) tend to be praised in comics and animation.... but not in live action... I'll always scratch my head over that.

I also think we're due for a new Superman animated, similar tone and style as YJ... I'd be in heaven.

Last edited:
... keeping the tradition of the Timmverse of taking these characters/stories seriously, without dumbing the down or filling them with childish humor...

<<REWIND BUTTON>>
Spectacular Spider-Man?? I don't think I've ever seen it
:eek:
Dude, Marvel had like its own animation renaissance in the late 2000s-early 2010s
between Spider-Man, X-Men, and Avengers
...that Iron Kid was also probably the best Iron Man solo toon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"