Lounge of Justice - Part 90

Whoa! Youre puttin GL over Shazam!? You really didnt like that movie im guessing?

Your lucky i like ya Calvin. Shazam was such a wonderful film.
I thought Captain Marvel was a good movie but I'm just liking Green Lantern more. Although I will admit Green Lantern should've learned from Fantastic Four ROSS mistakes and useful a different main villain. But I hated BOP barely made it through that movie.

I cannot believe they thought it was a cool idea to make Hector Hammond the villain. No i dont care that he was in the original GL Rebirth comic series—he was a TERRIBLE idea for a villain and a physical threat to Hal Jordan. For as much as they were trying to copy Iron Man, Iron Man was successful in giving Stark a formidable Antagonist to fight.

Me and my lady have been getting into playing drunk jenga. Tis' kinda calming not to look at the news or the phone while playing. I wasn't much of a wine guy prior to this, but now it goes down like water. Goddamn.

The new Childish Gambino album is the best of the year so far.

Still, one of the coldest and realest lines come from Roddy Ricch.

I done put a hunnid bands on Zimmerman

I felt that!

Last edited:
So a few days into isolation and people are starting to like Green Lantern?

The power of the virus is unpresidented.

We need that vaccine now!!

I tell you what I would Green Lantern over Captain Marvel (Shazam) or BOP any day of the week.
giphy.gif

Green Lantern movie had some good ideas like how they setup parallels between Hector Hammond and Hal Jordan, how Carol Ferris immediately recognizes Green Lantern as Hal Jordan, the short back story of Amanda Waller. How both Hector Hammond and Hal Jordan find it difficult to fit in the society.

The movie also touches on theme like Hal's personal loss held his career back as he was suffering from his childhood PTSD, he had to overcome that, which nobody in his family understood.

I dunno, maybe better execution of the ideas was required but I was able to get all those points, so maybe the other bad things in the movie (CGI, bad villain design, underdeveloped story) took away the focus from good points.

Edit: I also liked the fact that despite the power ring instantly transforming Hal into a Superhero, he takes his own time coming to terms with that.

Last edited:
ehhhhhhhhhh its bad lol

I mean its not Catwoman or Jonah Hex or Batman and Robin but theres nothing redeeming about it. You can even say “at least the action scenes were good” as even the action was poor.

yeah, it was bad...
i still remember how awful that flashback scene where Hal's dad dies.
it reminded me of Hot Shot! somehow.

One of Green Lanterns big problem is that it was almost exclusively Earth based.
GLs selling point should have been superheroes meets Star Trek/Wars, exotic alien worlds and civilisations.
Having Hal simply nip out to space for a wee bit of training then come straight back was a mistake, it turned him into just a generic superhero.

I would have had at most the first 15 minutes take place on Earth, then head out to space for the rest of the film.

Planes, Trains & Automobiles is the best Thanksgiving movie ever!

Due Date is ok but PT&A is on another level. So funny and so heartwarming. Great work from John Hughes.

Bought BoP on digital and gonna watch tonight...kinda surreal since i just saw this in theaters like 5 weeks ago. Lol

My sister wanted me and my girl to finally meet her bf, but gotta be honest I wasn't feeling up to it and we are not suppose to meet up, especially not in this cov 19 world we live in today. Tis' the only real positive thing that has come out of this corona thing. lol

My sister wanted me and my girl to finally meet her bf, but gotta be honest I wasn't feeling up to it and we are not suppose to meet up, especially not in this cov 19 world we live in today. Tis' the only real positive thing that has come out of this corona thing. lol

lol why, is her bf not a cool guy?

lol why, is her bf not a cool guy?

I'm going to keep it real, I just don't care to be honest. lol

He can be an awesome dude, but I got no real interest in going through the meet and greet process. I've never made any of my siblings meet my gf, it just kinda happened naturally in a weird way. I think Bill Burr or some other comic had a bit about wives and sisters setting up their husbands/brothers on a man date type thing, it ain't for me, chief. I'm sure he is a nice guy and all that, but nah. Not now.

I'm going to keep it real, I just don't care to be honest. lol

He can be an awesome dude, but I got no real interest in going through the meet and greet process. I've never made any of my siblings meet my gf, it just kinda happened naturally in a weird way. I think Bill Burr or some other comic had a bit about wives and sisters setting up their husbands/brothers on a man date type thing, it ain't for me, chief. I'm sure he is a nice guy and all that, but nah. Not now.

totally understandable. i feel a bit the same way bout that stuff.

the one silver lining in this state lockdown is for introverts like me, i got an excuse to not go out now.

i only been going out to buy food and occasionally going into the office when there's something i'm unable to do when working from home.
my job is considered an "essential" business.

get in and get out. don't gotta stay around to talk to no one!

perfection! lol

they also just announced they will keep schools closed for another month.
gotta do double duty with wfh and helping my kid with his classwork.

parents under the lockdown basically got a 2nd unpaid job as a teacher's assistant now. lol

i don't mind that, because this is for the greater good.
but i am worried if my company's gonna play nice and extend the wfh schedule for employees with young children.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"