Lounge of Justice - Part 90

Julie Estelle in The Night Comes For Us. :hrt:

tumblr_phc48jq3j01tk2heto4_540.gifv

She's amazing. I haven't seen The Night Comes For Us yet but she was great in Headshot. She went toe to toe with Iko Uwais and never looked out of place. She was also the blind girl from Raid 2.

BTDubz, is Estelle a lesbian in The Night Comes For Us?? I remember reading about lesbian assassins in the movie.

But that can't be true because the first one is better. Raid 2 is good but it's inferior to Raid 1 so the point about the sequel being flawless is rendered moot.

But that can't be true because the first one is better. Raid 2 is good but it's inferior to Raid 1 so the point about the sequel being flawless is rendered moot.
The first is good but a rip off of Dredd. The second movie was much better all around than the first.

Last edited:
The first is good but a rip off of Dredd. The movie was much better all around than the first.

Nah dude. The first one is better because it was actually able to create palpable tension through danger and struggle for survival. Most action movies can't do that. Plus the background score helps the movie a great deal. Don't get me wrong I like Raid 2 but I think it's only great in short bursts whereas Raid 1 is relentlessly awesome once it gets going. There is never a lull period in Raid 1 which happens to be a problem in Raid 2.

The simple plot of Raid 1 aids it's greatness or should I say 'it's flawlessness' :p

Raid 2 is more of a throw the kitchen sink (or go big or go home) type of action movie where Gareth tries to cram in as many cool things as possible and I'm particularly very fond of these type of movies (big, big fan of Matrix 2, Age of Extinction or any Bayformers for that matter) but Raid 1 just works better overall as an action movie.

Last edited:
She's amazing. I haven't seen The Night Comes For Us yet but she was great in Headshot. She went toe to toe with Iko Uwais and never looked out of place. She was also the blind girl from Raid 2.

BTDubz, is Estelle a lesbian in The Night Comes For Us?? I remember reading about lesbian assassins in the movie.
Haven't seen Headshot yet (probably will tonight), but I'll take your word. In TNCFU, once she shows up, man does she have commendable presence. Hopefully, Hollywood notices her...

As for your question, can't answer without spoiling you a bit of the movie.

The first is good but a rip off of Dredd.
Is it though? I thought their similar premise was just coincidental.

Raid 2 is a phenomenal movie. Nearly flawless on all levels.
YES

Perhaps slightly inferior, if at all.

The first is good but a rip off of Dredd. The movie was much better all around than the first.
Actually, Raid Redemption came first.

tenor.gif

They are both great in different ways, imo.
Wisdom.

Actually, Raid Redemption came first.
Only because of a long post-production for Dredd. it was shot first and in development for a long time, AND its entire script leaked online a year before The Raid was filmed, leading some to believe Evans got his premise for the Raid from it, since his original plan for The Raid was much closer to what we got with Berandal than Redemption, he just didn't think he could afford something so ambitious yet.

The Night Comes For Us

A must watch for any action movie fan, but the ''dramatic'' moments in it are crap, which doesn't really matter in a flick like that tho.

Quick review of 'The Haunt'.

Betty Gilpin and her 34DDs are great in action. Very predictable plot, but overall pretty fun to watch. This is also the first time I found Hilary Swank to be sexy on film. I don't know if it was her playing such an awful character or what, but she looked good in this.

This is also the first time I found Hilary Swank to be sexy on film. I don't know if it was her playing such an awful character or what, but she looked good in this.
Don't even pretend - you know it was her awfulness. :oldrazz:

That being said, I've always viewed Hilary Swank to be a bit, well, humorless as a performer tbh, so between this and Logan Lucky, it's nice to see her having a little more fun these days.

Don't even pretend - you know it was her awfulness. :oldrazz:

That being said, I've always viewed Hilary Swank to be a bit, well, humorless as a performer tbh, so between this and Logan Lucky, it's nice to see her having a little more fun these days.

Yes! Her awfulness made her all that more sexy to me. Also that shade of brown/dark hair gave her just an extra push.

Hilary Swank is a Million Dollar Baby, she's instantly flawless for that.

:oldrazz:

Since YouTubeTV is providing 30 free days of Epix, I binged the whole first season of Pennyworth today. Pleasantly surprised. Nothing amazing, but I can't believe it's from the same people who did Gotham (aside from their affinity for playing fast and loose with canon), as it's many steps up from that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"