Lounge of Justice - Part 90

giphy.gif

That Star Wars final trailer soundtrack was the stuff of legends :hmr:

C3PO: my friends
me: did these people even talk to each other than in one scene lol

I get that they interacted offscreen but I have no 'feels' if I didn't see those interactions. Entire TLJ was wasted and nothing was done to reinforce the bonds between main characters, other than Kylo and Rey

TLJ really failed to advance almost anything. Rey and Finn had good chemistry in TFA (though Finn is a bit of an unfortunate stereotype of a bumbling black sidekick), then they're separated the whole of TLJ and Finn is on pointless side trek with Rose who apparently has gotten the Jar Jar treatment (how Jar Jar in AOTC was minimized so much because everyone hated him). They also didn't even have Poe meet Rey until the last five minutes, if he's supposed to be part of this "trio".

The only things that really happened in TLJ were they killed Snoke (most pointless character ever) and Luke in underwhelming fashion, and Kylo is now head of The First Order, which is hard enough to swallow that he's capable of really being in charge of anything.

JJ has his work cut out for him righting this ship, and nothing can ever wipe off the stain of such a misfired middle chapter to this trilogy.

It's truly is incredible that we spent 2 movies with these people and yet we barely know them and they barely know each other lol

I loved that Rey/Poe moment near the end and I wish I got more interactions between the two

TLJ really failed to advance almost anything. Rey and Finn had good chemistry in TFA (though Finn is a bit of an unfortunate stereotype of a bumbling black sidekick), then they're separated the whole of TLJ and Finn is on pointless side trek with Rose who apparently has gotten the Jar Jar treatment (how Jar Jar in AOTC was minimized so much because everyone hated him). They also didn't even have Poe meet Rey until the last five minutes, if he's supposed to be part of this "trio".

The only things that really happened in TLJ were they killed Snoke (most pointless character ever) and Luke in underwhelming fashion, and Kylo is now head of The First Order, which is hard enough to swallow that he's capable of really being in charge of anything.

JJ has his work cut out for him righting this ship, and nothing can ever wipe off the stain of such a misfired middle chapter to this trilogy.

I did enjoy TLJ when I watched it, but now that you put it this way - it makes one realize what a misstep it was.
they should have never let rian write the story for TLJ.

I'll say tho that trailer alone looks better than entire TLJ which had the color palette of anemic diarrhea

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"