Lounge of Justice - Part 90

I have seen Ritchie's King Arthur movie. I didn't like it back then. His signature fast cuts and quick editing didn't quite sit right with me and it seemed at odds with the period setting. I also remember a lot of people praising the work of Daniel Pemberton for the music but I don't remember it being memorable. But I'm a fan of Ritchie's work so I gotta give the movie another try.
Pemberton's soundtracks are on WB's Water Tower YT list, most of them are great.

Best part about it is when Jude Law turns into a video game villain at the end.

Oh yes! The design was cool as heck.

Ares (in Wonder Woman) should have been more like this guy

21b38577015254bcdf6ce5c1232fc0e3.jpg

KingArthur_Framestore_ITW_11.jpg

I rewatched Aquaman today, for the 5th time lol, and it truly is baffling how little chemistry Heard had with Jason

Dafoe looked at him like he wanted to **** him more than she did

Is she actually alive because I don't understand how something with a pulse doesn't have chemistry with him lol There was this nice moment in Sicily and that's it

To be fair other than perhaps her looking the part, Heard never really did much for me as Mera. She was okay I guess, but nothing special. I think someone like Evan Rachel Wood could've probably been a better fit for that role. The jellyfish dress would've definitely suited her as well. lol

I should have never doubted my man Ritchie. I should probably give his King Arthur another chance. Maybe it'll grow on me :thf:
I expected to not enjoy that movie, but I sat through it and had a good dosage of Guy Ritchie's awesomeness.
The movie is still bad.

I thought Arthur was fun when it was showing on TV the other day

But the method Law had to turn into a monster got repetative which means it got ridiculous at the end, should have just kept everyone safe and flee.

I was expeting Hunman to jump into a Jaegar fighting him in the sea

I think you gotta save stuff like GL for the big screen, not to say it can’t work for the streaming platform but business wise it makes sense to keep the CG heavy stuff for the big screen where the heavy budgets reside
What are the chances of a GL movie actually happening tho?

I think the property is too big and important to be ignored forever. But even if there wasn't the stigma of the 2011 movie and even if they found the right people to handle it, the budget is perhaps another reason they're taking their time with it. They're aware that a GL movie can't be done on a 60M budget, so they are either waiting for the right pitch or the right directors and actors before they can risk investing in that property again. That's why there's part of me that wishes the Abrams rumors are true, since he is the caliber of filmmaker that would give them the confidence to invest in another GL movie. Not only that, but they would pretty much allow him to do whatever he wants, compared to what happened last time when their interference botched the 2011 movie.

I don't think you need 250M+ to make a GLC film nowadays, Aquaman cost something like 170-200M so you could probably get away with 180M and shoot in AUS/NZ and other countries (NZ has weak currency right now, come WB come) and aim for 600M+ for a decent profit at least, and the visuals should attract Asian markets e.g. China, or if they do end up with Tom Cruise Chinese will show up for him alone.

There is apparently a Snyder Cut rap now and I somehow missed it. Am debating whether or not to listen.

t5g0Mhb.jpg

We were never meant to worry the way that people do
And I don't need to hurry as long as I'm with you
We'll take it nice and easy and use my simple plan
You'll be my lovin' woman, I'll be your lovin' man
We'll take the most from living, have pleasure while we can

I'm hot and cold on Giacchino, too, but he's competent enough that I think he's capable of making a good Batman score with a catchy Batman theme/motif. Will it be iconic a la Elfman and Zimmer? I don't know, time will tell.

I think his sound suits Batman, the ones for Apes were really good and that kind would suit Bat well. I hope to hear a lot of noir stuff as well, his work on Incredibles 2 was delicious, enjoyed it so much in the theater

It's unfortunate, but I doubt it would be that detrimental to his career in the long run. Sucks that he had an uneventful turn as the most notorious villain of all time and the studio doing what they did with his role, but when it comes to the cbm market, if Morbius is successful I really don't think anybody would keep associating Leto with the Joker/SS fiasco. The audience tends to have a rather short attention span these days and an actor of Leto's caliber should be able to overcome a studio debacle like that which tends to happen quite often in that line of work.

Ryan Reynolds just popped up in my mind lol

oh that was a very fun watch indeed. Loved all the little nods and Easter eggs. I’m cool with this original story and all, but I’m even happier to see them not shying away from using characters from the graphic novels.

The reznor and ross score was so freaking good that I will fall asleep dreaming of a new nin album (I do this most nights anyway)

This is from Batman: Damned, right? I'd love to see a Batman ghost story in live-action. I'm getting tired of "grounded" takes, give us a Batman who investigates a supernatural case.
Variant cover for an upcoming 'Tec issue (#1017 I think).

I finally watched joker.
it is well made on almost every level.
but it is the type of movie i just watch once and don't want to watch again.
it made me feel like sh**
but I think that was the point.

Aside from some questionable stuff (I'm waiting to see if they actually address the historical overlap between groups like the Kavalry and the police force) I loved it. Regina King is GOAT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"