Lounge of Justice - Part 90

That Bald Whedon interview is now really funny to me. Who on his PR team approved this? Dude practically added fuel to his own fire. That awful stupid earring as well. lawd.

Leslie Grace looks great. She is going to kill it. I also don't see Old Man Keaton sticking around after this one. He is most likely just here to set up flashpoint and then hand the ball to Batgirl and Nightwing.

You really think he would surround himself with anyone but "Yes Men"? The guy would never employ people who would argue against his genius...

I think Batgirl looks good too. I think Keaton will be around but he will basically have the 5 minutes of screentime Alfred usually gets.

Ray Fisher is a "malevolent force."

Gal Gadot: "English is not her primary language."

I mean, Joss, bubbala, this is not how you do it.

If he had just taken responsibility for some of it (not the racism claims even), just some of the misogyny, and focused on how he has been in therapy, gone to addiction treatment, and has been trying to get better as a person, he may have even come across as more sympathetic. But instead, it goes on the offensive.

Maybe he thinks he will get a new Fox series out of this...otherwise he is an idiot. bad place he could have blamed his trashy behavior on Justice League on his marriage falling apart and gotten at least half a second of sympathy. Blaming your infidelity on the fact that you were a nerd and now hot chicks like you is the type of crap you would see from a sophomore in HS.

I know that WB doesn't want to do anything with Snyder or his version of the DCEU with any sequels to Justice League - and I'm not a #restorethesnyderverse guy, believe me.

But I have to wonder at this point - who the heck are the DCEU films even for anymore, then?

The general audience is too burned on most things DCEU.
The only real loyal audience are those that dug the Snyder films.

So the general audience is unhappy, as are the Snyder fans.

Which brings me to the question...who are these DC films for?

It seems like everything WB has in the works has an established audience of nobody in particular.
I don't think even WB knows. Them getting rid of Cavill(who WANTS to play the character)and even Superman and Batman in the DCEU is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. It makes no sense. Even the Rock is dumbfounded by the WB execs. I really don't see Flash doing that well at all TBH. Also getting rid of Fisher and Affleck but yet keeping Amber Heard. Releasing the Whedon JL instead of the Snyder version in theaters........I'm really at a loss of how much a studio can be so out of touch with it's audience, whoever that maybe.

Who's ready for the Heat Universe?!

I.Also getting rid of Fisher and Affleck but yet keeping Amber Heard. Releasing the Whedon JL instead of the Snyder version in theaters........I'm really at a loss of how much a studio can be so out of touch with it's audience, whoever that maybe.

WB does continually **** up but these two points should be addressed: nobody is "getting rid of" Affleck; he's said multiple times now he doesn't want to do the role anymore. And they also offered Fisher a chance to return for Flash and he turned them down on principle since he believes Hamada escaped punishment for supposedly trying to obfuscate the Whedon investigation. As for Amber Heard they were never gonna get rid of her unless the Johnny Depp court case turned out in his favor, which it didn't. Depp fans being upset with her was not gonna be enough to get homegirl fired.

As for releasing the Whedon version in theaters instead of Snyder's, that happened entirely because Batman v Superman underperformed and got terrible reviews. The idea that audiences were begging for more of Snyder's take and WB stupidly refused to give it to them is a revisionist take that ignores how bad 2016 went for the DC slate (even if WB played a huge role in why that happened). This ain't defending Whedon or the idiot execs, but it's a bit dishonest to ascribe those specific criticisms entirely on them. There's plenty of blame to go around for what happened to get the franchise to this state, and it ain't all on Whedon or Walter Hamada.

WB does continually **** up but these two points should be addressed: nobody is "getting rid of" Affleck; he's said multiple times now he doesn't want to do the role anymore. And they also offered Fisher a chance to return for Flash and he turned them down on principle since he believes Hamada escaped punishment for supposedly trying to obfuscate the Whedon investigation. As for Amber Heard they were never gonna get rid of her unless the Johnny Depp court case turned out in his favor, which it didn't. Depp fans being upset with her was not gonna be enough to get homegirl fired.

As for releasing the Whedon version in theaters instead of Snyder's, that happened entirely because Batman v Superman underperformed and got terrible reviews. The idea that audiences were begging for more of Snyder's take and WB stupidly refused to give it to them is a revisionist take that ignores how bad 2016 went for the DC slate (even if WB played a huge role in why that happened). This ain't defending Whedon or the idiot execs, but it's a bit dishonest to ascribe those specific criticisms entirely on them. There's plenty of blame to go around for what happened to get the franchise to this state, and it ain't all on Whedon or Walter Hamada.

All of this.

And Heat with out Deniro and Val will suck.

A 3hr Batman movie!

Matt Reeves!

you-maniac-jeff-bezos.gif

I can't wait to smoke a cigar and enjoy it.

giphy.gif

bigger, longer, and uncut is how i like it.

i am currently watching youssef chahine's saladin on netflix.
it's a 3 hour war epic.

but i can only watch late at night since i have dad duties, so i only watch a portion per night.

i will need to go to the theater for the batman.
with n95 and adult diaper on. with my batman tshirt on.
like a big baby.

02054427d4514adb4fbe7a0d4aa0994afc799330.gifv

I’m glad they let Reeves make his movie, hopefully trusting the filmmaker will pay off for WB this time around

there is this narrative that WB never allow the filmmaker to make the movie but all movies have always been a collaborative effort between the two. when you cough up that much money for a film you have every right to have a say in how the film turns out. so many films have been saved by reshoots and the studio steeping in. we just dont here about it

its standard procedure for films to have reshoots but people lose their heads in here when we hear that reshoots are taking place. Matt Reeves as a director has more clot then ZS does. He can demand way more than ZS can. Reeves filmography is better plan and simile.

Im not defending WB dump decisions in the past but we need to chill with these extremes

But will it have Al?

Nah...maybe back around the time of the original I could see that but Al is old and looks old. He will look comical running around in a black suit with a shot gun going after criminals. So then what, he is Marlon Brando in The Heist? He should stick to smaller films and HBO stuff he is doing some great work there. This is just not in his wheelhouse anymore.

The reason Heat is amazing is that the main characters are mirrors of each other. Its why the coffee scene is perfection. Their teams are similar, their home lives are the same, their desires are the same. One just happens to be a criminal and the other a cop. They could switch places and nothing would change.

If Michael Mann wants to make another Heat style film I can get behind that. Put together another stellar cast and lets go. Tying it to Heat though is likely a bad idea...ask Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps. (a film I don't hate but I am one of the few)

Last edited:
there is this narrative that WB never allow the filmmaker to make the movie but all movies have always been a collaborative effort between the two. when you cough up that much money for a film you have every right to have a say in how the film turns out. so many films have been saved by reshoots and the studio steeping in. we just dont here about it

its standard procedure for films to have reshoots but people lose their heads in here when we hear that reshoots are taking place. Matt Reeves as a director has more clot then ZS does. He can demand way more than ZS can. Reeves filmography is better plan and simile.

Im not defending WB dump decisions in the past but we need to chill with these extremes

Exactly. Very few directors are good enough to be untouchable...and I would argue even they probably need someone from time to time to say "are you sure about that?". We all told WB to stay away from Patty after Wonder Woman and we saw how that worked out. bad place Di$ney Wars is another where half the time they meddled and half the time they didn't and all the results ended up mixed. And are we really going to pretend Marvel Studios doesn't have their hands all over those films?

There is this belief amongst fans that directors know better than execs because execs have zero creativity and directors are ARTISTS!!!!11 It is ludicrous. Great directors make bad decisions just as much as anyone else. Even better is when the fans like the result, they never give the studio the credit if their fixing something made the film better they just keep on giving the director credit.

Nah...maybe back around the time of the original I could see that but Al is old and looks old. He will look comical running around in a black suit with a shot gun going after criminals. So then what, he is Marlon Brando in The Heist? He should stick to smaller films and HBO stuff he is doing some great work there. This is just not in his wheelhouse anymore.
I could imagine him like that actually.

Michael vs Vito Corleone.... I need to finally watch Heat just for that idea.

Where's @Fallen Angel from this conversation? This is one of his favorite flicks, his input is something I'm interested in seeing.

I could imagine him like that actually.

Michael vs Vito Corleone.... I need to finally watch Heat just for that idea.

Where's @Fallen Angel from this conversation? This is one of his favorite flicks, his input is something I'm interested in seeing.

That would be awful. Brando sucked in The Heist anyone could have played that part. Pacino would spend his time doing a bad impression of himself and drag down every scene he is in.

Heat doesn't need a sequel...the story ended.

Heat is a Top Five film for me in all genres...I love it so this idea cuts me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"