The Winter Soldier Love Interest for Captain America II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe you're thinking of Once Upon a Time.

Well Revenge is on ABC, and it is a hit show. It's in its 2nd season like OUAT, and there have been about the same number of episodes, so it could as easily be ABC's newest hit show. It's certainly not really any older than OUAT, except by maybe a few weeks. But both have 34 episodes each so far.

Yes, I already knew that, I was referring to the "hit" part, rather than the "newest" part.

Shield seems to hire all the prettiest agents.

I wonder if the members of One Direction could get a job there?

It'll be interesting to see which character she plays (though I'm fairly certain like everyone else it has to be Sharon)

Yes, I already knew that, I was referring to the "hit" part, rather than the "newest" part.

Well all the articles I've read either about Emily joining Cap 2 or Revenge itself describe the show as the hit ABC series.

Shield seems to hire all the prettiest agents.

I wonder if the members of One Direction could get a job there?

It'll be interesting to see which character she plays (though I'm fairly certain like everyone else it has to be Sharon)

Only if SHIELD needs redshirts. :woot:

What "debacle"? :huh: I *much* prefer Katie Holmes to Maggie Gyllenhaal any day of the week.

Anyway: yeah, picking Vancamp is probably Disney cross-promo, and is designed to help *her* exposure as much as it is Cap's. With Revenge quickly becoming ABC's newest hit show, I don't think it's going to hurt anybody.
It doesn't matter what you perferred. Most didn't like her in the role. Ignoring that reality is stupid. But this thread is about a bad actress with a dying career and I'm not going to make it about that.

I do not believe she has been cast as Sharon Carter. I think she will be playing a small role as Carol Danvers, probably as a young Air Force officer. This will be our introduction to Ms. Marvel, who will likely play a role in Guardians and Avengers 2.

In a recent interview with Haley Atwell, she stated she wanted to do some British television work before leaving for LA. Why would Haley be going to LA? Perhaps to shoot Cap 2? We know it will be shot largely in California.

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/hayley-attwell-interview-for-black-mirror

Anyway, I am just saying...these Marvel guys are tricksy.

Actually, CATWS will be shot largely in Cleveland, just like much of Avengers was. They made a big deal out of announcing that last fall.

It doesn't matter what you perferred. Most didn't like her in the role. Ignoring that reality is stupid. But this thread is about a bad actress with a dying career and I'm not going to make it about that.

lolopinions :funny:
Okay, simma down now, internet tuff guy. Go ahead and keep pretending that *your* reality is the same thing as *objective* reality.

emily-vancamp-gq-1_50856a7dddf2b37407003ffe.jpg

I feel like her relationship with ABC (owned by Disney) helped her chances plus Emily will likely show up in the S.H.I.E.L.D. series.. her casting seems just as odd when Whedon cast Cobie as Hill.. here's hoping they end up adding Union Jack and Zemo..

tumblr_m4cob5mr0M1r9jumao1_500.gif

tumblr_lz580nhZqr1qcxy4ro1_500.gif

I could buy her as Sharon Carter.

I'm guessing that Emily VanCamp has to be Sharon, since Carter featured in the original Winter Soldier storyline. She was kidnapped by him, and when rescued by Cap, tells him that her kidnapper looked like Bucky. So Sharon is integral to the storyline, unless they're changing details for the movie.

The only thing here is whether she'll be a love interest at that point when she's kidnapped. In the comics they had decades to introduce that aspect. Here, Cap is still getting over Peggy.

I'm guessing that Emily VanCamp has to be Sharon, since Carter featured in the original Winter Soldier storyline. She was kidnapped by him, and when rescued by Cap, tells him that her kidnapper looked like Bucky. So Sharon is integral to the storyline, unless they're changing details for the movie.
I'm certain they will.

Not the least because Natasha wasn't involved in the Winter Soldier storyline.

It's highly unlikely that the movie version is going to look much like the comics version, on a plot level. They have to introduce a slew of new characters, likely as not there'll be a different villain behind it, and some people (like Natasha) weren't in the comics story.

^ Apparently Sharon got breast reduction surgery at some point.

I'm sure Van Camp's breasts will remain consistent in this film though... unless she undergoes some kind of Super Soldier Serum. Then when she emerges from the pod topless like Evans was in the first movie, someone can poke her on her boob.

I'm sure Van Camp's breasts will remain consistent in this film though... unless she undergoes some kind of Super Soldier Serum. Then when she emerges from the pod topless like Evans was in the first movie, someone can poke her on her boob.

^volunteers

I like the choice for Emily VanCamp. Whats the general consensus on this board?

I like the choice for Emily VanCamp. Whats the general consensus on this board?

I was rooting got Teresa Palmer or Alison Brie, but I like Emily VanCamp. It's an unexpected choice(since she wasn't even rumored), but Emily is a solid actress and she can handle action scenes convincingly. I think she'll do a good job.

Also, in the picture below, she does bear at least a passing resemblance to Hayley Atwell(at least enough to believe they are distantly related).

603091_461901817197013_1777299694_n.jpg

Unexpected but amazing choice.

Kind of noticing lots of lesser known/appreciated actors I've fancasted are starting to get comic roles. :o:up:

I like her for this role: she's got the "hottest girl on the soccer team" look about her, which is a good balance between attractiveness and realism for the role of Sharon Carter.

She'll be playing a slightly brighter character than Emily Thorne in this movie. I haven't seen her in Brothers and Sisters or Everwood. What was she like in those? I have seen some episodes of Brothers and Sisters, but found it so boring I gave up after only a few episodes.

I like her for this role: she's got the "hottest girl on the soccer team" look about her, which is a good balance between attractiveness and realism for the role of Sharon Carter.

I agree. Also, considering that her character(likely Sharon) is the female lead for the film, Marvel and the Directors wouldn't have just given her the part without auditioning her first(likely with Evans there to get a feel for the kind of chemistry they'd have). There were several other actresses(most of them more well known) up for the part, so they obviously saw something in her audition that impressed them. While I was rooting for a few of the others, I think she'll do just fine. She looks the part(she's tall, blonde, and in fantastic shape), she's a solid actress, and she has shown she candle handle action scenes well.

And for those who think she isn't "hot enough"(a claim I've seen all over the web), here's this:

017.jpg

023.jpg

Last edited:
If I'm honest, I'm worried about what some have posited. That she was picked so that she could also star on SHIELD.

Looks wise, she's pretty. But it's kind of a generic kind of pretty.

Sharon Carter is a generic kind of pretty, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I also suggest watching her in the movie Carriers. It's the role where she stepped out of the tv scene for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"