Lucifer General Discussion

Discussion in 'Lucifer' started by TheOneWhoKnocks, Sep 16, 2014.

1. ComicChick

ComicChick Hurricane-ing

that was a really good ep

2. signalman

signalman Well-Known Member

WOW! CAIN! The World's 1st murderer.

Wonder if a Cain ever showed up in the LUCIFER Vertigo series?

DC Does have a Cain, He is the host of the HOUSE OF MYSTERY.

3. ComicChick

ComicChick Hurricane-ing

i dont remember cain being in the GNs i read.
    the show is very loosely based on those from what i can tell. i've only been able to notice a few similar plots

4. Chance Jackson

Chance Jackson Well-Known Member

I believe Cain shows up in Sandman but I don't think he shows up in the Lucifer books(this show is totally a different beast)

I think almost everyone had suspicions that Welling was playing Sinnerman or someone connected to him I don't think anyone could have guessed he was Cain though I certainly like that reveal

5. Morg

Morg Super Moderator

Don't forget, new episode is on tonight

6. Dr.

Dr. Well-Known Member

Lucifer and Pierce undercover as a suburban couple. Somewhat amusing. :hehe:

7. ComicChick

ComicChick Hurricane-ing

yes that was funnier than i expected.

also, they mentioned wolverine and superman in this ep, so nice little comic book nods

8. B

B [insert witty comment]

Was browsing Amazon Prime & been meaning to check out Lucifer for a while as I'd seen it constantly & did like the look of some of the early trailers. Watched the 1st 3 or 4 episodes of the 1st season & I'm enjoying it quite a lot. I like the general concept of the show, I'll try & finish the 1st season by the weekend as there only is I think 12 episodes in the first series.

9. Siby

Siby Well-Known Member

Cain has added a lot to this show. Lately I have been finding Lucifer to be really whinny and annoying. I like Amenadiel but I don't think the show knows what to do with him so all his scenes seem forced.

Ella is awesome as always.

10. Flash525

Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

The latter seasons get better. :)

In the comics, he's more a villain (at least to Lucifer); I'm pretty sure Lucifer even kills him eventually, though there's a lot that happens in the show that isn't remotely in the comics (and the show is very loosely based on the comics anyway, so if there is a terminal scene between them, it'll likely be in the final season. I know Chloe doesn't exist in the comics, yet she does (quite prominently) in the show; pretty sure the comics don't once mention Cain either, so there are significant differences.

Back to Amenadiel though; I'd agree that they don't know what to do with him; he seems like a lost soul, contemplating his purpose in life.

11. ComicChick

ComicChick Hurricane-ing

he is a lost soul, and i wish they'd focus more on that aspect of Amenadiel. He kinda floats along to boost the storyline, but he doesn't really have anything going on of his own. i don't really fell like there's as much of a strong connection between him and Linda as both of them feel. maybe if the show showed more of them two, i'd see it better.

there's so many good hints that have been picked up and dropped or forgotten about so many of the characters this year that i feel really does the characters a disservice because there are some great ones on this show.

for instance, ella. her family has some shady backgrounds, and when she was in vegas with lucifer, we learn of her card counting, and how every gambling establishment knows of her and is on a watchout because she'll run them dry. and wasn't there something about her mentioning things "speaking to her" or something? see? it's been dropped so quickly that i can't even remember it clearly.

charlotte. there's obviously some inner turmoil in her head, and she's remembering/not remembering things that happened when Luci's mom was in her body. like, does she know she was murdered? she died? where's her family? is she still trying to get them back? how close is she to remembering that she was in hell?

maze. maze had that awkward ep of her on a bounty hunt, and they hint at her and trixie at times, but honestly, maze was probably at her best when she was with the little girl, especially the halloween ep. right now, she's just throwing a temper tantrum about amenadiel and linda, and although she's a demon and all this is new to her, i feel like they could show the inner battle of how this actually hurts her in a human way vs. the i'm-a-demon-i-dont-care way
    i don't know what else linda can do to try and make ammends. she's done more than enough imo

12. Shank

Shank New Member

The devil made me watch this but he's disappearing more and more.

I miss the devil dealing out punishment and his devil face and the bad guys freaking out. I don't want to watch a Castle knock off with a bit of a hellish twist, I want to watch Lucifer.

Come on writers, put a little evil in your scripts.

13. ComicChick

ComicChick Hurricane-ing

How long have you been watching? There’s a reason why he’s disappearing in season 3, but they haven’t really told us why yet

14. Shank

Shank New Member

Since the beginning.

15. GarudA

GarudA Well-Known Member

Anyone know why Lucifer is so weak on the show? Is he not supposed to be a Archangel and been one of the most powerful beings.

I really like this show but this season has less of the supernatural element to it. They really should have supernatural villains for lucifer, maybe rogue Demons and Angels or even something beyond like leviathans.

16. ComicChick

ComicChick Hurricane-ing

they've hinted at it but nothing definite. when chloe is in the vicinity, he is vulnerable. when she is not, he's very strong

but this season, his devil face has been stolen, and what that entails, hasn't entirely been revealed

17. ZIPBAGS

ZIPBAGS Well-Known Member

I have noticed that also..I understand the vulnerability around Chloe, but he seems less powerful than previous seasons.

Also, he was such a horn-dog (pardon the pun) in previous seasons and now not as much....he has lost a bit of his swagger.

18. Flash525

Charlotte's Dreams have me intrigued...

19. Siby

Siby Well-Known Member

Looks like those dreams will only be just that.

20. Flash525

Admittedly, I was only very early into the episode when I posted here; I was having trouble with the streaming service so decided to watch the rest of the episode this morning, and woah, I just didn't see them (the writers) wrapping her story up so soon.

With Amen now winged though, and able to return to Heaven, I wonder whether that means he's temporarily out of the show? Cain/Pierce isn't going to get off lightly after what he's just done!! I can't wait until Lucifer finds out, though I'm equally annoyed (AGAIN) that he was stopped from revealing his true self to Chloe - he didn't have to show her his face, the wings would have been a good start, and he still has those.

21. Siby

Siby Well-Known Member

I agree with others here that this show really needs more supernatural elements because right now it is a mediocre cop show with a whining crazy man who thinks he is the Devil.

Even Maze has turned into just a woman with an attitude rather than a demon.

The actress that plays Chloe needs to lay off the Botox, because right now her face looks scarier than any of the "supernaturals" on the show. :p

22. Dr.

Dr. Well-Known Member

Watched the finale last night (on Canadian TV). Pretty good. And many threads left dangling... :cmad:

23. Flash525

That was to be expected. I haven't watched it yet, but honestly, I doubt they knew it wasn't going to be renewed - at least with their current network. I do hope someone picks this up though, cause there's so much more that can do with it.

24. Siby

Siby Well-Known Member

Well drat! I watched the finale and I would like to have one more extended episode to see how the revelation plays out.

Tom Welling is still a terrible actor.

25. famicommander

famicommander Well-Known Member

Agreed. Welling destroys every scene he's in.