Lucifer General Discussion

Discussion in 'Lucifer' started by TheOneWhoKnocks, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Flash525

Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Well, I'll agree that Welling is somewhat of a poor actor. Certainly lacks the charisma of the other cast. Frustrating final, in the sense that the reveal we've all been waiting for has happened, and we're unlikely to see what happens next.

I did love him with his wings out though, however I'm slightly perplexed by the gunmen not remotely fazed by an actual Angel?

2. Siby

Siby Well-Known Member

That's a great point Flash525 about the humans not being phased by seeing an angelic being. It's the same issue I have with Supernatural. I would think that humans would have some sort of psychological breakdown when in the presence of a celestial being.

I'm guessing the bullets were able to hurt Lucifer because Decker was near him. Also, now that Lucifer has embraced his face and purpose does it mean that Decker will have less of an influence on him when she is nearby? Lastly, why was Decker able to affect Lucifer anyway? I know they mentioned in the show that God told Amenadiel to bless Decker's parents with a child (Chloe) but why.

3. Flash525

The difference I think is that, within Supernatural, the common person doesn't know when they're in the presence of an Angel, and those that do (such as on Apocalypse World) wouldn't be fazed by what's otherwise the norm to them.

I hope we get to find this out, but I'd suspect that Chloe is a prophet (of sorts) and holds a connection to the divine or something, and that element of her that has a divine touch is what makes Angels fragile when in her presence.

I'm not convinced it's specifically a dynamic between Chloe & Lucifer, but rather, Chloe (and others of her kind?) with Angels (generally). It's either that, or Dear Old Dad has some divine plan in motion and needed Lucifer to experience what he's going through in order to do something... I think the former concept has more depth to it though, as it's less specific, but makes more sense.

Think of Chloe as a base-line Nephilim.

4. ComicChick

ComicChick Hurricane-ing

i really enjoyed the finale, especially since there was lots more supernatural stuff to it. this was the best Maze has been written in a while and i'm glad her and Linda made up. I would like to see what happens between her and Trixie

look forward to seeing how this reveal to Chloe plays out. it looked like she was backing away in fear, but also trying to stay in place at the same time.

5. Flash525

You do realise it's been cancelled, right? Very few cancelled shows get picked up elsewhere anymore. :(

6. ComicChick

ComicChick Hurricane-ing

no! i hadn't heard it got cancelled :/

7. Flash525

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. There's a #savelucifer trend running over on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, but as previously stated, networks rarely take notice of what fans [of said shows] want. I'm hopeful Amazon or Hulu will pick it up, but we'll have to wait and see..

8. ComicChick

ComicChick Hurricane-ing

first campaign i ever remember of fans saving a show was Roswell waaay back when.

i'd at least like 1 more season

9. ZIPBAGS

ZIPBAGS Well-Known Member

10. Flash525

Good News here! Yay!!

11. famicommander

famicommander Well-Known Member

The two unaired episodes of Lucifer will be burned off back to back on May 28.

So at least we get to see them.

12. Flash525

Unaired episodes?

13. Orba

Orba Well-Known Member

If I remember the schedule was changed and the number of shows that could be sown ended up being cut so two episodes that were going to be in this season were held and would have been used in the next season.