• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Luke Cage Luke Cage General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terry Crews as Luke Cage?

giphy.gif

I approve!

I get that Crews is the splitting image of Cage. But my primary concern has always been his acting chops. Does anyone know of any serious/dramatic role that makes you think Crews can pull off Cage?

My secondary concern is that he might be a little too old. The fact that he's 45 right now does not matter, but what about (say) 10 years down the line? I mean, Marvel's possibly looking at upcoming seasons of Luke Cage, possible future Heroes For Hire seasons and/or movies, sequels, etc.

Along with your concern about his being too old is the eventual endgame...Luke Cage marries Jessica Jones and has little Danielle. Part of that plot was that both were young parents...young enough to have sex at a party without dating and find out the consequences (pregnancy) later. Casting Luke Cage too old might make him appear like he's taking advantage of a much younger woman or is just plain too old for those kinds of mistakes.

The actor they cast has to not only look good with whoever they cast as Jessica Jones but have a good chemistry, too.

How about Quinton "Rampage" Jackson?! Sure he's seemingly only appeared in one movie recently in The A-Team but I thought he did fairly okay as BA Baracus.

Last edited:
Nate+Parker.jpg

Nate Parker for Luke Cage? I kind of forgot he existed until I saw a trailer for About Alex today.

... it sucks that the showrunner/main producer for the show has not been announced yet. I want it to be Reggie Hudlin.

... it sucks that the showrunner/main producer for the show has not been announced yet. I want it to be Reggie Hudlin.

Oh god. Anybody but him. The last thing we need is Captain "Wakanda actually comes off as the most racist nation on Earth" running a show involving a black hero.

I had a thought, I know most think that they will eventually do a Heroes for Hire thing after the Defenders event but what if they go a different route and start up the Mighty Avengers? That is what Luke and Jess are doing currently in the 616. Maybe after the Defenders event the Avengers thank them for stopping the threat they had no idea about and ask them to start up Mighty as the street level Avengers. Luke would run it along with Jess also taking care of the kid, DD would be their lawyer and IF would be Luke's right hand man. That way in the next wave of Netflix series it has the originals there and they can intersect with the new shows as well. Then maybe 2 shows that lead into more heroes joining the Mighty team and maybe 2 that lead into something like Marvel Knights. Just a thought.

Also isn't Luke supposed to be the show that is after DD?

No, Daredevil, then Jessica Jones, then Luke Cage, then Iron Fist.

What about casting Chemistro or The Hood? You can't have a Luke Cage series without these two showing up.

"The Hood" might end up being saved for the Defenders as a group. But hey, we'll see. Heck, who knows, he might even show up on the SHIELD show, since they've already started mining Asgardian plot points selectively.

Terry is a fine choice but they probably wanna go younger and someone who is more available.

I'd like to see Terry in a role in this, but I don't think he's even on their radar for the role of Luke Cage.

I've only ever seen him in funny stuff, too. I'm not sure he'd be able to carry the heavier scenes that would happen in a 13-episode run.

Wesley Snipes wants a Marvel role again, they should cast him as a supporting character or a villain of some sort in this.

There should be some flashback scenes of Luke's father, the cop Carl Lucas, who was with the 70s Mighty Avengers with Blade, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"