• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Luke Cage Luke Cage General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr Burstein's experiment was funded by Stark international. Back in the 60's and 70's comics Tony Stark used to provide security and technology for prisons.

The authorities thought Carl Lucas is dead and he eventfully proved his innocence and was pardoned.

If Cage lawyered up he could of probably got a financial settlement for being wrongly convicted, having prison employees beat him and attempted to murder. Seagate Prison should be lucky he didn't sue them or hold a grudge.

Numerous people are wrongly imprisoned. Someone turning out to be falsely innocent isn't eve that rare. Dr. Burstein isn't a idiot for believing he was innocent.

30978_2_page_17_8_122_648lo.jpg

30984_6_page_18_9_122_839lo.jpg

30987_3_page_19_7_122_806lo.jpg

30993_6_page_20_4_122_931lo.jpg

who would be the Marvel U. equivalent of Johnny Cochrane? Maybe such a character should be invented.

If his origin is dealt with at all, I'd like to see his trip up north back from Seagate prison dramatized.

The dude who played Sawyer in Lost would be great as Luke Cage.
:o

Simmons is 41 and I believe Marvel wants someone younger than that, perhaps someone closer in age of the three white guys named Chris (early 30's).

Hmm, I don't think a young Luke Cage plays as well as a more seasoned Luke Cage. In any case, Henry Simmons looks younger than 41 to me. But a moot point, considering AOS.

This has to be done every couple of days: BILLY BROWN!!! :)

I'm going to throw out a name I haven't seen yet because I just saw him in something and liked him a lot. He's not starting off as big as all the other suggestions but is clearly fit and just needs to be thrown into a gym. Damon Wayans Jr.

Sidney Poitier for Luke Cage. He'd be the most seasoned Luke Cage out of all of them!

Hmm, I don't think a young Luke Cage plays as well as a more seasoned Luke Cage. In any case, Henry Simmons looks younger than 41 to me. But a moot point, considering AOS.

This has to be done every couple of days: BILLY BROWN!!! :)

Of course a seasoned Luke Cage would be good. I do think though that Marvel will want to cast Cage close to the same age as Charlie Cox who is 32.

They need to cast someone that is young(early 30s) that looks older. That would be ideal.

• From Comic vine: LL Cool J Says He Landed a Marvel Role

If there's a movie it's doable. Two shows how ever.... That'll be tough. Epically since Luke is a NYC Native while LL is from there yes he's actually from there and so's the character he plays "Sam Hanna" the show that characters in though is L.A. lol yeah it'll means he'll have to leave the other oh well . I Enjoy NCIS L.A. cause of him it'll be a shame but he's one of the few I actually as Luke despite what other say about want a deep monstrous voice

You need to say it there too and to marvel as well(if it turn's out to be true, if that was the role they are looking to put him in?). currently his show has been on for w while. So he has to be doing something right. Lets just find out what it is despite what comic vine states/ wants

Last edited:
In spite of his vague (probably unauthorized) hints, he did clarify that it was a movie. I don't expect him to be Luke Cage.

In spite of his vague (probably unauthorized) hints, he did clarify that it was a movie. I don't expect him to be Luke Cage.
meh he wrote that in street/ slang cause he knows most of his fan base is from his former music career and they talk like that. it's not different from when Will Smith does that , when he's joking around or other wise which they are both friends .

But he did say movie. It's Actually comic vine(if you look on their front/ main page ) that said Luke cage, cause his Role in NCIS L.A. "Los Angles" (NCIS is Mark Harmen's show).

LL Cool J has improved a lot since then and is had more then 2 season's there in role with a partner kinda similar to Iron fist & cage's the only differece is they are agents & his partner is a master of under cover work instead of martial arts ( they do know martial art's there) LL's character is a former Navy S.e.a.l. with a mixed martial art's background and Also he did work with Sam L Jackson prior in a movie called swat so he has a working history Sam L Jackson.

That movie which also stared Collin Ferrel the latter of which who's a awesome actor in ever other movie but DD which he was one of the worst parts in that movie . some times range can be misleading with looking at a person's earlier works. Let's find out what role LL Cool J's playing despite what comic vine site said/ wants.

Last edited:
LL Cool J? He clearly mentioned that it's a movie role.

I can never understand what the hell zenith is trying to say

LL Cool J is obviously going to be Cottonmouth or Bushmaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"