Mad Max: Fury Road - Part 6

Mad Max Fury Road getting Oscar buzz if that does happen especially for an action movie that would be something because action movies I don't think ever get as much Oscar buzz as serious movies like dramas

My name is Max my world is fire and blood!!! In this wasteland I run from both the living and the dead!!! Max he is obviously tortured by his past especially by the people that he couldn't save especially the little girl that kept appearing to him that little girl obviously was his daughter and if that is the case then I could understand why Max is so tortured, he's a lost soul trying to find his own way

But then again with Immortan Joe, I mean his character was going to only end in 1 way that was death but his breeders they essentially were his legacy his way of living on but with Joe since he died and Rictus also died then how about his other son? That dwarf baby that was talking to his brother Rictus when he said to him to go find out what was irritating their father Joe, so Joe's other son wouldn't he want revenge on Furiosa and on Max? Because his father and his brother both died essentially because of Max and his merry band

Does the blu-ray come with the black and white version?

Miller comes from a time in cinema history where heroes and villains had recognizable problems and human dimensions (you won't find Infinity Stones here or alternate universes)

From the article.

That is hilarious. Most action heroes in the 80's were two dimensional macho alpha males. Superheroes are citizen Kane in comparison.

The snide remarks at superhero movies are so dumb.

From the article.

That is hilarious. Most action heroes in the 80's were two dimensional macho alpha males. Superheroes are citizen Kane in comparison.

The snide remarks at superhero movies are so dumb.

Yes indeed. Also remarks about genre fatigue confuse me. We're getting far more spy films than superheros this year.

Genre fatigue is their fantasy, not a reality, not yet at any case. Every year they desperately pray it to be true. Every year their wish is not granted.

Genre fatigue is their fantasy, not a reality, not yet at any case. Every year they desperately pray it to be true. Every year their wish is not granted.

The whole fatigue complaint just irritates me to no end. These jagweeds have been proclaiming superhero fatigue since at least 2008, with the Iron Man/TDK double header. That was seven ****ing years ago, people, and this s*** is still going strong. Audiences might tire of these movies at some point, but they're not just going to automatically do so because some uptight film journalist says they will.

I watched some of the extras and they were great. I'm bummed about Miller not doing a commentary.

I'd tell you they'll put a commentary on the inevitable double dip, but then I remembered this is WB not Fox. :o

Mad Max Fury Road getting Oscar buzz if that does happen especially for an action movie that would be something because action movies I don't think ever get as much Oscar buzz as serious movies like dramas

Looking at Oscar history a summer blockbuster alone getting a best picture nod isn't out of the question (JAWS, STAR WARS, RAIDERS OF THE LOST, ET, GHOST, THE FUGITIVE, FORREST GUMP, BRAVEHEART, APOLLO 13, INCEPTION, TOY STORY 3) however I suspect Fury Road might be hampered by the relative lack of BIG money it's made.

Yes the final grosses are far more than any of us expected but the Academy only really tend to acknowledge genre/blockbuster fare when the box office is as phenomenal as the reviews are.

The Oscars are an embarrassment. I stopped watching or caring over 5 years ago.

When something like Drive gets completely ignored, you know it's a joke. Same with Interstellar, and inevitably Fury Road.

Those fools are way out of touch.

I feel like the only way Fury Road would get Oscar recognition is if it was a HUGE blockbuster film. If it had made Jurassic World-type money AND was nearly universally critically acclaimed, then MAYBE the Academy would pay attention. The only way the Academy doesn't turn up its nose at these types of films when it comes to the Best Picture category is if they're a double-whammy. Unanimous critical praise won't do it alone, but praise plus incredible box office receipts might.

For example, Avatar got a nom largely because it was a box office phenomenon and even though the reviews weren't unanimously wonderful, it was hailed by most as a technological achievement. With both of those factors, it was tough for the Academy to ignore it.

I feel like the only way Fury Road would get Oscar recognition is if it was a HUGE blockbuster film. If it had made Jurassic World-type money AND was nearly universally critically acclaimed, then MAYBE the Academy would pay attention. The only way the Academy doesn't turn up its nose at these types of films when it comes to the Best Picture category is if they're a double-whammy. Unanimous critical praise won't do it alone, but praise plus incredible box office receipts might.

For example, Avatar got a nom largely because it was a box office phenomenon and even though the reviews weren't unanimously wonderful, it was hailed by most as a technological achievement. With both of those factors, it was tough for the Academy to ignore it.

Its not as if the Academy has much of a history of awarding blockbusters. Quite the opposite actually.

This movie was incredible. Between this, John Wick and The Raid series we've been blessed with some amazing action films these last few years.

I need a costume design nomination for this movie.

The whole fatigue complaint just irritates me to no end. These jagweeds have been proclaiming superhero fatigue since at least 2008, with the Iron Man/TDK double header. That was seven ****ing years ago, people, and this s*** is still going strong. Audiences might tire of these movies at some point, but they're not just going to automatically do so because some uptight film journalist says they will.

I remember it was used as an excuse for SR's under performing... And according to Feige, other producers were telling him the "fad" was almost over when Spider-Man 2 was in production! :hehe:

WITNESS :awesome: :woo:

Mad Max: Fury Road finally came out on Blu-ray this week, after hitting VOD last month. But as much as we enjoy watching Max and Furiosa battle Immortan Joe from the comfort of our own living room couches, it’s just not the same. This is a film demands to be seen on the big screen if at all possible. And starting next weekend, it will be again. IMAX just has announced that Mad Max: Fury Road will be returning to its theaters for one week only starting Friday, September 11.

http://www.slashfilm.com/mad-max-fury-road-imax-3d-re-release/

Check yo theaters here: https://www.imax.com/movies/m/mad-max-fury-road-an-imax-3d-experience/

Unfortunately doesn't look like many of them have their schedules up. Or it's only a tiny subset of IMAX theaters. :csad:

Got my hands on the exclusive Best Buy steelbook. :awesome: Was lucky to grab the last one at this BB store where elsewhere in my city they are already sold out.

Definitely one of the best movie ive ever seen,the action is non stop an put together very well,the vehicles were off the hook,incredible scenes throughout,never seen an action film with this much action and intensity,should win a few awards,10/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"